Pixie Hollow To Replace Swiss Family Treehouse?

Cliff Racer

Only thing is, pirates do not fit Frontierland where Tom Sawyer Island is located... Theme fail.
They could recategoerize it to being part of Liberty Square, I guess. The boatride is and pirates honestly have more historical similarities to that timeframe than they do to even Adventureland's original design.

Captain Chaos

They could recategoerize it to being part of Liberty Square, I guess. The boatride is and pirates honestly have more historical similarities to that timeframe than they do to even Adventureland's original design.
Pirates don't really fit revolutionary USA either... If it were New Orleans Square, well, maybe... But not 1776 continental states...

Genie of the Lamp

Pirates don't really fit revolutionary USA either... If it were New Orleans Square, well, maybe... But not 1776 continental states...

You know, if PH were to ever come to fruition, I'd expect this kind of look/design for the cm's dressing the part for the characters to look like this:

Hopefully this meet and greet won't require a magic band. Although it would come in handy. If this doesn't speak M&G, then I don't know what does. At least I have her number.;)

Cliff Racer

They don't in most people's imaginations, which I suppose is most important, but golden age piracy DID extend up to the southern United States and didn't die out until the early 1800s.

Captain Chaos

You know, if PH were to ever come to fruition, I'd expect this kind of look/design for the cm's dressing the part for the characters to look like this:

Hopefully this meet and greet won't require a magic band. Although it would come in handy. If this doesn't speak M&G, then I don't know what does. At least I have her number.;)
It is Pixie Hollow presented by Heidi Fleiss..

Captain Chaos

They don't in most people's imaginations, which I suppose is most important, but golden age piracy DID extend up to the southern United States and didn't die out until the early 1800s.
I see what you are saying... And don't get me wrong, if they changed TSI into something pirates related, I'm sure it would go over well.. But, theme wise, it is such a fail, no matter what they did in DL... Of course, our opinions don't matter to the ones making the decisions...

jt04

Thats Disney's fault.....they have a remake movie in the queue too from what I hear so it would make sense to PROMOTE the classic to wet the appetites of today's audience for this.

Still don't think it will sell the attraction. The movie could work but the attraction has all the charisma of a keel boat ride.

puntagordabob

Still don't think it will sell the attraction. The movie could work but the attraction has all the charisma of a keel boat ride.

Your opinion.....and it is one that many folks disagree with. If the new remake of the movie is done well...then of course the current attraction would be given new interest.... assuming though as I said that the movie is DONE WELL.

ttalovebug

Properly positioned the castle could be included in the sightlines as could the Crystal Palace making for a very nice tableau of an English countryside. Add a reimagining of the Swan Boats and you have a seriously magical mini-land for young girls. And the MK needs that.

Sorry if the thought of this makes Lee's hair fall out.

The MK needs a mini-land for young girls? The MK?! That's like saying Animal Kingdom needs fewer attractions.

A "seriously magical mini-land for young girls" just opened in the MK months ago.

Goofyernmost

You folks are all missing the motivations for Disney to do anything different there. First, if they were to change it they would do it to draw more people in. Even if they cleared the area completely the last thing they need right there is something that would clog up the passage way through Adventureland. It's narrow enough in there as it is. They have no incentive at all to change it. If it starts to fall apart then they will have the incentive to clear it out and make a stroller parking area out of it. There just isn't enough room to do much of anything else with it. Oh, wait....maybe they could put another spinner in there.

Expo_Seeker40

OK, I thought I just did ... but how about what if a fanboi (not @WDWFigment) tells me they want to play 'Find Tom Bricker's Lens Cap' with me? Should I be concerned?

Who on Earth would say such a thing? That's the kind of stuff I'd expect a fanboi to say when they're shacked up on a cruise to nowhere with the Spirit and just want to send all their vacation photos into photoshop for editing.

Prototype82

It would have been gorgeous in Fantasyland. My thirteen-year-old cousin won't be thrilled when she finds out her wheelchair won't be able to navigate this attraction. I'm sure other handicapped children would feel the same. Pixie Hollow would be a huge draw for young girls. It needs to be open and accessible. Who knows what kind of plans they have. I'd miss the old Disney nostalgia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom