Pixie Hollow To Replace Swiss Family Treehouse?

Goofyernmost

The big thing with the Treehouse and the Pixie's is that it isn't accessible to the handicapped. Now that might not mean anything to an adult, but to a kid that cannot negotiate the stairs it wouldn't be a good thing. SFR can be there and most people can take it or leave it. Climb the stairs or don't climb the stairs, who cares. If they do a major do over then they will be required to bring it up to code for accessibility and I'm at a loss to imagine how they would do that. So, in my mind, SFR is how it will stay until it falls down and then it will be a stroller parking area.

WDW1974

Who on Earth would say such a thing? That's the kind of stuff I'd expect a fanboi to say when they're shacked up on a cruise to nowhere with the Spirit and just want to send all their vacation photos into photoshop for editing.

I know. Crazy what these undersexed, loaded with Daddy issues, little farmboys will say to get me to play their sick and twisted (although very creatively named) games. ... And, rest assured, if such a cruise ever did take place, there would be no pictorials!

jt04

jt I seriously dont want to come across attacking you at every chance I get but I cant let this slide....you said that you tend to side with the purist. How can you say that? When you accept everything Disney does when it comes to WDW and defend it to your death. Anyone who considers themself a WDW purist would never agree with just about anything that has been done to the parks for the past 20 yrs......just sayin'

I am critical of a lot. Would have put Circus elsewhere, want Future World restored......I could go on and on. But if you were told PH has to go on, where would you choose?

John

I am critical of a lot. Would have put Circus elsewhere, want Future World restored......I could go on and on. But if you were told PH has to go on, where would you choose?

If it has to be somewhere I would think they should have had some forsight about it and put it in the FLE. But I guess that is to logical. I would hate to see it at AK I dont want it no where near DHS or EPCOT so logical place is MK. So where in MK? Certianally not on the left side of the park so that leaves us basically with FL. I havnt looked but there has to be a space for it. There are so many reasons why it shouldnt go at SFR and very few reasons why it should.....I really have no feelings one way or the other if they build it....This is another case of WHY?...just why do you need to build something like this when there are so many other issues that need to be addressed.

Cliff Racer

Even if it does go there I highly doubt that they would put the M&Gs themselves up in the tree. You'd have to have only one line that sees all of them in a row, the set areas are cramped and would be difficult to take farther back pictures from, there'd be no easy exits for character actors, etc. It would be so much easier to just take down or rope off the entrance stairs and have the tree be nothing more than a backdrop for ground meet and greets. But at that point why not keep it, take off the SFR theming and just have it as a Fairy Tree House?

luv

I love little kids. I do. I enjoy seeing their happy little faces when they are proud of themselves or excited. They are adorable little treasures. I do not wish to be a buzzkill to the 4yo crowd in any way.

But exactly how many little girl M&Gs does Disney need? They already have princesses and Tink. Do they really need fairies (or pixies), too? I don't want to sound harsh, but I really don't think Disney (and certainly not the MK) needs more little girl stuff.

I'd like to see more focus on 7-12yo boys. Focus of a non-pirate nature. Not Buzz Lightyear. Not Cars. Something that would be very entertaining for the typical, non-Disney-loving 11yo boy. They could start with putting the shoot out back in.

dcibrando

they COULD remove the tomorrowland speedway and put Pixie Hollow there and basically expand Fantasyland into Tomorrowland (would likely need to seperate theming however with trees, etc.

that speedway needs to go anyways IMO

Jim Chandler

I love little kids. I do. I enjoy seeing their happy little faces when they are proud of themselves or excited. They are adorable little treasures. I do not wish to be a buzzkill to the 4yo crowd in any way.

But exactly how many little girl M&Gs does Disney need? They already have princesses and Tink. Do they really need fairies (or pixies), too? I don't want to sound harsh, but I really don't think Disney (and certainly not the MK) needs more little girl stuff.

I'd like to see more focus on 7-12yo boys. Focus of a non-pirate nature. Not Buzz Lightyear. Not Cars. Something that would be very entertaining for the typical, non-Disney-loving 11yo boy. They could start with putting the shoot out back in.

Your comment non Disney loving 11yr old made me say WHAT??
It is Disney why would you want non Disney items?
As I have said before it is Disney it is about FAMILIES not boys versus girls. There are plenty of gender and non gender specific items at WDW as well as family stuff. Much of Disney is built on Princesses but there is also plenty of boy stuff. Buzz, POTC, SM, BTM, TSI, etc... Part of many people's thinking is that girls can like the boys stuff and normal but if a boy likes the girl stuff it is not normal. Kind of like men are not nurses and girls are not fire persons. Again Disney is about FAMILIES and not division of entertainment between boys and girls.

Jim Chandler

they COULD remove the tomorrowland speedway and put Pixie Hollow there and basically expand Fantasyland into Tomorrowland (would likely need to seperate theming however with trees, etc.

that speedway needs to go anyways IMO
Speedway is like Dumbo ride looooooong lines and loved by many of all ages. People will stand in line for 1hour plus......it is not going anywhere. Like dumbo if they had a second one it would still have long lines. However it takes up too much land to build a second one unlike the Dumbo ride

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Your comment non Disney loving 11yr old made me say WHAT??
It is Disney why would you want non Disney items?
As I have said before it is Disney it is about FAMILIES not boys versus girls. There are plenty of gender and non gender specific items at WDW as well as family stuff. Much of Disney is built on Princesses but there is also plenty of boy stuff. Buzz, POTC, SM, BTM, TSI, etc... Part of many people's thinking is that girls can like the boys stuff and normal but if a boy likes the girl stuff it is not normal. Kind of like men are not nurses and girls are not fire persons. Again Disney is about FAMILIES and not division of entertainment between boys and girls.

As idyllic as that all sounds, Disney has spent a good deal of time and effort in researching and promoting themselves towards the "younger girl" demographic, even if at the expense of others. If it weren't for some (essentially) last minute changes, the Mine Train in the new Fantasyland would not have been included in the expansion, making the area all the more girl-oriented.

At the end of the day, Disney doesn't need to make this change, regardless of how blue sky it is, and in consideration of the source....

tl77

I have read all of the posts and can see the different perspectives. As for movies being promoted in the park, many movies came after the parks ride. POTC, Haunted House, Tower of Terror, just to name a couple. They also have had movies before rides like Keel Boats, MTWR, SFRT, as examples. The rides and the movies are used as a way to promote DISNEY and only Disney. I agree with one who said WD created synergy or was one of the early proponents of it. Disney is this big circle of ideas. Some of these ideas start out as movies other rides and some not all spawn the other. What we all need to understand they are all stories and/or adventures.
There is nothing wrong with synergy but what is put where is important to keeping the different lands concepts clean and clear. The issue is one person's adventure is another's fantasy. Is POTC or B&B adventures or fantasy? Is one fantasy because it is a cartoon and the other an adventure because it uses real actors?????? They both have some basis in reality.

Well I doubt he ever called it "synergy", but I think the thing that Walt Disney understood was that everything needs to revolve around the "show"

That if you take the time to make a really good movie, people are going to want to go see it every 7 years when you re-release it, and if you build really great theme park attractions based on those movies, people will want to come ride them. If the focus is on the "show" and making sure the public has great time, then they will just inherently want to buy souvenirs and keepsakes of that experience as they are walking out the door, and come back for more in the future

But the new thinking seems to be all about "merchandise", they fan the flames pin collecting, and vinylmation, bibity-boppity boutiques meanwhile the rides are falling apart. They don't seem to see the point in making sure all the effects of the "show" are working properly, and why it's such a big deal to the diehard fans, who are the ones that keep coming back again and again anyway

There really is a profound difference in treating the public like "guest at the show" instead of "customers on the property" that seems to be lost on the people who "manage the property"

dcibrando

Speedway is like Dumbo ride looooooong lines and loved by many of all ages. People will stand in line for 1hour plus......it is not going anywhere. Like dumbo if they had a second one it would still have long lines. However it takes up too much land to build a second one unlike the Dumbo ride

true...but if it gets that much attention, why don't they redo/retheme it and give it some TLC. plus they DO NOT need gas powered cars. They could put in electric or battery powered ones that also keep from any bumping. retheme it to cars (if they don't do carsland) or something. those cars are about as futurist as the second scene in carousel of progress

Goofyernmost

true...but if it gets that much attention, why don't they redo/retheme it and give it some TLC. plus they DO NOT need gas powered cars. They could put in electric or battery powered ones that also keep from any bumping. retheme it to cars (if they don't do carsland) or something. those cars are about as futurist as the second scene in carousel of progress
Kids don't care what the cars look like. All they care about is it has a steering wheel and it feels like they are actually driving it and it sounds cool like a real engined car should. I watched a kids car ride that used electric cars in Dollywood. What a yawn. Disney got the right formula with that ride and I doubt that the carbon footprint is much larger then it would be generating the electricity for battery powered cars. Energy comes from somewhere!

dcibrando

Kids don't care what the cars look like. All they care about is it has a steering wheel and it feels like they are actually driving it and it sounds cool like a real engined car should. I watched a kids car ride that used electric cars in Dollywood. What a yawn. Disney got the right formula with that ride and I doubt that the carbon footprint is much larger then it would be generating the electricity for battery powered cars. Energy comes from somewhere!

I'm not worried about the carbon footprint... the smell around there is horrible and some of the so-called drivers get rough with all the bumping (plus those clutches in those things barely let the car move up the hill towards the end and some require help from other cars to push them along.

dollywood is less than 2 hours from where I live so I know what you're talking about... I don't like the fact that they run automatically without any of your control... i still think an electric ride system could allow throttle, steering, braking, etc.

jt04

If it has to be somewhere I would think they should have had some forsight about it and put it in the FLE. But I guess that is to logical. I would hate to see it at AK I dont want it no where near DHS or EPCOT so logical place is MK. So where in MK? Certianally not on the left side of the park so that leaves us basically with FL. I havnt looked but there has to be a space for it. There are so many reasons why it shouldnt go at SFR and very few reasons why it should.....I really have no feelings one way or the other if they build it....This is another case of WHY?...just why do you need to build something like this when there are so many other issues that need to be addressed.

Sounds like you are not sure. I think placing it where the speedway is as someone suggest has merit. But a secluded PH in AL would hardly be noticeable for most. Just as with the current m&g.

Jim Chandler

The Indy race car ride is not going any where, it is way too popular. Even as it is gas powered and all it is not leaving. IMO it never was about Tomorrow or the future it was the Indy Race car and kids "driving" a car and it still is. Grand parents now drive with their grand kids hell great grandparents are as well. That does not happen with SFRTH and the Indy ride has NOTHING to do with anything Disney had produced in movies or TV.
If they do a PH it needs to be in FL. The SFRT needs to be changed maybe to a very little remembered movie like Watcher in the Wood, Which I know I still love

Goofyernmost

The Indy race car ride is not going any where, it is way too popular. Even as it is gas powered and all it is not leaving. IMO it never was about Tomorrow or the future it was the Indy Race car and kids "driving" a car and it still is. Grand parents now drive with their grand kids hell great grandparents are as well. That does not happen with SFRTH and the Indy ride has NOTHING to do with anything Disney had produced in movies or TV.
If they do a PH it needs to be in FL. The SFRT needs to be changed maybe to a very little remembered movie like Watcher in the Wood, Which I know I still love
Ah, but it is about the future...their future. Of course, as adults we find it boring and tedious, but to kids it is a peek into what will be tomorrow for them. Hence, the popularity. As for SFRT, it doesn't really matter what or whom occupies the tree-house it no longer is very relevant. It's a tree house and that is all that is necessary to capture the imagination of the kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom