Pixie Hollow To Replace Swiss Family Treehouse?

dcibrando

ok the more I think about this.. it could work if done right

Pixie Hollow...eh... maybe a Tinkerbell & Peter Pan tie in together using the tree and "Adventure" - meet and greets for both and maybe even Jake and Captian Hook too? interactive elements plus you have water nearby that can be includes in/around the tree...

the main thing is not to do a "girlly" pixie hollow with just fairies... include peter pan, captain hook, something that helps with the "adventure" part of it...

I know adventureland is more tribal, but one could argue the aladdin spinner certainly doesn't belong there as well (and is a bigger eyesore than the tree would be)

dcibrando

...while they are at it... do something different with the tom sawyer island... lots of land... with blah "stuff" surprised they haven't turned this into Pirate Island - interactive things all around - pirate ships, etc. and don't tell me it wouldn't fit the theme... doesn't it pretty much connect to several lands already?

luv

I know adventureland is more tribal, but one could argue the aladdin spinner certainly doesn't belong there as well (and is a bigger eyesore than the tree would be)
More than one has argued that. They've also argued that it ruined the whole Adventureland vibe, as well as made it cluttered and more confusing for newbies.

I agree with them. But there it sits, going up and down, round and round and spitting. What can you do.

Gator

You know, Disney could fix the problem by just re-making Swiss Family Robinson the movie. Yes, I know the original was great, and there's really no way they can make it quite as good. It's still one of my favorites, and my kids like it, too. But the book is a classic that no one reads anymore, and I'm guessing that I'm one of only a few dads that even own, much less share with his kids, Swiss Family Robinson. So re-make the film and watch the kids flock to the park and attraction.

Captain Chaos

...while they are at it... do something different with the tom sawyer island... lots of land... with blah "stuff" surprised they haven't turned this into Pirate Island - interactive things all around - pirate ships, etc. and don't tell me it wouldn't fit the theme... doesn't it pretty much connect to several lands already?
Only thing is, pirates do not fit Frontierland where Tom Sawyer Island is located... Theme fail.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Only thing is, pirates do not fit Frontierland where Tom Sawyer Island is located... Theme fail.

Sits there in Disneyland as well, but they made that into Pirates also. Sure, a portion of TSI faces New Orleans Square, but the rafts are from Frontierland and that's the theming...until they overlaid pirates.

jt04

ok the more I think about this.. it could work if done right

Pixie Hollow...eh... maybe a Tinkerbell & Peter Pan tie in together using the tree and "Adventure" - meet and greets for both and maybe even Jake and Captian Hook too? interactive elements plus you have water nearby that can be includes in/around the tree...

the main thing is not to do a "girlly" pixie hollow with just fairies... include peter pan, captain hook, something that helps with the "adventure" part of it...

Great ideas and you have given me another. Re-theme the spinner and place it back in this new secluded pixie hollow mini-land. Win.

Jim Chandler

If only that was true.... How many 7 yr old boys like princesses? No Disney is not gender specific but to deny that there is not a princess overload is simply.....well being in denial.

There were plans to remake the SFR movie. The rumors were that WIll Smith was going to star in it. Not sure what happened to the plan. Sure SFR isnt relevent to young people today. But the parks are supposed to have something to appeal to everyone. I am over 50 and it appeals to me. Old? So your old....lets replace you. There are a lot of attractions that are old. Some get refurbed but not replaced. Relevant? Is CBJ relevant to anything?

This is another post.....I dont like it so it needs to go.

Wow you don't like my post so you go and get personal and attack me not my post. Even a Disney forum is void of civility.
BTW There are a lot of boys who like Princesses and teenagers and adults.BTW the princesses drive nearly everything in the park and with out them much would not be in existance. Whereas SFR has nothing to hang it's hat on except some over 50's who remember the movie.

FrankLapidus

Wow you don't like my post so you go and get personal and attack me not my post. Even a Disney forum is void of civility.
BTW There are a lot of boys who like Princesses and teenagers and adults.BTW the princesses drive nearly everything in the park and with out them much would not be in existance. Whereas SFR has nothing to hang it's hat on except some over 50's who remember the movie.

I'm nowhere near 50 and I love Swiss Family Robinson and I'm sure if you asked around you would find a lot of people under the age of 50 who feel the same. As to whether the princesses drive the park, I can't recall any princesses on Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, The Enchanted Tiki Room, The Jungle Cruise, all classic attractions that have remained extremely popular for decades because of their universal appeal to everyone, regardless of age, gender or any other demographic. The principal of Disneyland was that it was a place where families could have fun together; the concept of boy and girl-centric attractions completely contradicts that. As much as I love the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse I'm not completely opposed to the idea of retheming it but do it with something that carries some appeal to everyone, don't try and appease one gender at the cost of alienating the other.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

I don't think you were attacked at all. And @Arewethereyet! was perfectly civil, IMO.

John

Sorry I never meant to come across attacking you personally. I was useing you as an example....albeit maybe a bad one at that. Just for the record....I too am on the north side of fifty:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom