NYT: "Universal....Takes Aim at Disney"

chocotaco

yea, I would love to see what they could do with the LotR franchise... lots of potential imo. I know back in 2010 people were speculating about UNI getting theme park right to LotR due to one of their park surveys. It's been quiet on that front since then however. Probably would have heard something if any discussions were currently going on, but maybe in the future. I believe The Hobbit is coming out at the end of this year, so I guess that could potentially trigger some discussions.

Jedeye80

Orcs and Balrogs and Mithril oh my! :) Sorry, I'm a total geek... :D
LoTR needs to find a place in Orlando, the possibilities are endless, all the different parts of middle earth from the green of the shire to the wastelands of mordor, come on Disney snap it up please!!!!!!!

culturenthrills

AC is a GREAT coaster. One of my all-time faves ... and for all the folks who talk about rides like that being 'too intense' for certain demos, I just sorta shake my head because riding Space Mountain and RnRC in FLA are very painful experiences. AC is as smooth as my behind after some manscaping!:eek::) :D

AC is one of the smoothest coasters around. I miss riding it so much. I just hope one day one of these parks down here will put one in.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
LoTR needs to find a place in Orlando, the possibilities are endless, all the different parts of middle earth from the green of the shire to the wastelands of mordor, come on Disney snap it up please!!!!!!!

So they can do to it what they did to Star Tours at DHS? A few props outside and a simulator? No thanks, I'd rather see what Universal would do with it. Besides, they've already worked with Peter Jackson in resurrecting Kong in USH

HenryMystic

So Screamscape says SS44 isn't Transformers.

Meaning it's Transformers.
In this case, yes, it is likely Transformers.

But Lance's layout of Hogwarts Express looks to be pretty much dead on. Scary accurate.

He is hit or miss, but that's the nature of the biz. Heck, less than 3 weeks ago every insider here that I trust 100% were touting a permanent haunt replacing Soundstage 44. It happens.

NemoRocks78

Seized
So Screamscape says SS44 isn't Transformers.

Meaning it's Transformers.
He sees that there's stuff about a ride lift… and it's two stories… but says it's not Transformers? Heh.

Even if it's not Transformers themed for some reason, it's looking to be the same kinda ride.

WDW1974

But Lance's layout of Hogwarts Express looks to be pretty much dead on. Scary accurate.

He is hit or miss, but that's the nature of the biz. Heck, less than 3 weeks ago every insider here that I trust 100% were touting a permanent haunt replacing Soundstage 44. It happens.

I thought you trusted me and I wasn't touting that (or anything else for that piece of real estate) ... still we be surprised if it turns out to be Transformers (if that happens, it's was a big management decision by Comcast folks sorta like what happened when the dead Fantasyland project got approved despite TDO's reluctance back in '09).

HenryMystic

I thought you trusted me and I wasn't touting that (or anything else for that piece of real estate) ... still we be surprised if it turns out to be Transformers (if that happens, it's was a big management decision by Comcast folks sorta like what happened when the dead Fantasyland project got approved despite TDO's reluctance back in '09).

I could have sworn you mentioned a permanent haunting place. If not, I apologize. I DO trust you.

And if it is indeed Transformers, I believe that was the case. A decision came down from high up to spend a great sum of money...quickly. And they want it built quickly (ready for next year.) They're building an e-ticket (we think), in the middle of a park, in a third (at least) of the time Disney is building SDMT.

Jim Handy

Whatever it is, all signs point to an extensive ride system. 2 story building with large pits. Whatever the system is needs some sort of drain, though who knows if that's just for moisture at the bottom of a pit or hydraulic fluid or something like that. And what little info we have matches Transformers. So...who knows? Wouldn't be the first time we were caught off guard.

culturenthrills

Whatever it is you know Universal is gonna wait to make an announcement right before FLE has its media day to drop that or give the official debut of the plans for HP 2.0.Just to rain on Disney's parade.

You know Disney has plenty of plans that they could easily fast track at WDW but you know they won't.

cheezbat

Whatever it is you know Universal is gonna wait to make an announcement right before FLE has its media day to drop that or give the official debut of the plans for HP 2.0.Just to rain on Disney's parade.
Universal doesn't need to wait for the big FLE media day...they have so many projects they could announce whenever. SS44 is one announcement. There's still the OFFICIAL Potter 2.0 announcement, as well as the new IOA ride announcement, and the new waterpark!

Disney does have plenty of plans as well...but TDO really doesn't seem to want to greenlight anything right now...figuring FLE and Avatarland should be more than enough.

whylightbulb

Nobody asked me...see my post #1108 ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom