How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

Witchy Chick

I just found out today that Home Depot is no longer carrying Disney paint by Behr. All stores have to have the Disney display out by April 30th. BOO BOO BOO:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Oh my. I just finished my 3.5 year-old daughter's bedroom this weekend (Disney/Behr color "One Enchanted Evening"). I'm wondering if I should buy another gallon to have on hand for touch-ups down the road. :lookaroun

Witchy

Mickey_777

We're making our basement Disney Parks themed. Everything (photo frames, photos, and attraction posters) is the from either WDW or DL. I'm gonna try to get some photos to share soon. I also want to get custom framing for the park maps and put them on our one larger wall.

blappin

My wife and I are expecting twin girls in Aug. so my son is getting a new room. Below are some pictures of the new colors - Star Command Blue and Ho Hum yellow. I still need to put up the chair rail, his name, pictures and his bed. So much to do and not enough time:):):):):):) But I love every minute of it.
IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

ddbowdoin

My wife and I are expecting twin girls in Aug. so my son is getting a new room. Below are some pictures of the new colors - Star Command Blue and Ho Hum yellow. I still need to put up the chair rail, his name, pictures and his bed. So much to do and not enough time:):):):):):) But I love every minute of it.
IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

my friend... just to let you know, scientific research shows that the color yellow causes tension and anxiety in children. It's just a thought and no, I am not joking...

Unless you are very comfortable with your color selection, I would recommend that you NOT apply the brightest shade of any color to a large area.

This is especially true for the "hard" colors (yellow, orange, and red).

Certain interior paint colors such as bright yellow have even been known to increase anxiety and raise the blood pressure in some people. You would be much better off using a soft yellow.

In fact when you are selecting interior paint colors, start with the most neutral shade for a particular color...

For example, if you walk into any paint store and ask for red paint there will likely be six or seven shades. Pick the shade in the middle of the bunch. It will be the most neutral and easiest to coordinate with your furniture and furnishings.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
IMG_0223.JPG

IMG_0225.JPG

Looks nice. I'm sure your son will love it. :wave:

And don't worry about the colors; one dentist out of five doesn't recommend my brand of toothpaste.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Looks nice. I'm sure your son will love it. :wave:

And don't worry about the colors; one dentist out of five doesn't recommend my brand of toothpaste.

And doctors in the dark ages used to drain people of their blood to heal them. I think its going to look great.

Vader2112

I have not done so yet making my home office/den Disnified. Need a good site or place to get my hands on the old attratcion posters (reporductions are fine)

rufio

I've had to UN-Disney-fy my house quite a bit because we have it for sale, but I'll post some updated pictures (basically of the same stuff - just cleaned up a bit) to prove that you can still have just enough Disney around the house to give you happy feelings without it being "in your face". Most people don't even notice my collection because it just blends in with the decor.

I mostly just collect Mickey Mouse and don't get into anything else. Unfortunately, the Disney Store (online) rarely has any decent Mickey stuff anymore like they did years ago so it's been hard to find new things. But here's what I got...

Mickey welcome mat
555357898_ZXtC2-M.jpg

Door knocker
555358519_eNWms-M.jpg

Picture of my daughter
555359960_Zw2oS-M.jpg

Mickey Mirror - and you can see my Mickey coat rack in the reflection
555350229_uZDuR-M.jpg

Random Mickey frame
555350501_qipyB-M.jpg

Mickey frames and a Mickey
555350723_LvZB6-M.jpg

Mickey stuff on the wall
555350968_abwgg-M.jpg

More Mickey frames and a Mickey (talking) lamp
555351236_Mbg93-M.jpg

A couple Disney shelves, and I just noticed you can see my Mickey coasters in the basket.
555351503_kpYyK-M.jpg

I realize that this is just really, really late, but I LOVE this! I am moving into a house next month that is way "classier" than any I've lived in during my adult life, and I now have a guide for decorating!

rufio

On the coffee table:
F0Kwfh.jpg

Pictures from my last trip:
9osEVh.jpg

Subtle:
mOHs0h.jpg

Pictures in my office (I bought these about four years ago when I thought I was going to be trying for children. Then I got divorced.):
TxEa6h.jpg

Pictures I took during my 2010 trip:
K6pmwh.jpg

More from the office (please, ignore the scary troll - he is not disney related):
IBA8rh.jpg

Had this drawn during my 2009 trip:
ahdmqh.jpg

Spare bedroom bedside table:
ofBqrh.jpg

Mr Wizard

Oh wow! I want a Haunted Office ! If I had one of those mabye I would go in there more often and I woulden't be so behind in my paperwork all the time !!

Susan Savia

I have a number of dated refridgerator magnets and a photo of my son and I at dusk in front of Spaceship Earth. Mostly our home is Elvis. Scarves and two large framed prints in the living room autographed by the photographer. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom