How Have You Disney-fied Your Own Home?

loveofamouse

I don't have any pics cause I'm not at home.

My son's room is outer space with buzz lightyear.
My youngest has her entire room in red/white minnie mouse
I have a bathroom in Mickey. I'm getting ready to do my downstairs bath in Mickey, as well.
Im also getting ready to start my kitchen with Mickey Parts. I want to do hidden touches of Mickey. I have PLENTY of paraphernalia everywhere

erasure fan1

Aside from the normal photo frames and a few nicknacks, we really havent "Disnafied" our house. I would like to set up a muppet room with all the stuff I have picked up over the years.

blappin

Here are the pictures of my sons room finally finished: Next is the twins room

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0248.JPG

Laura

Premium Member
I realize that this is just really, really late, but I LOVE this! I am moving into a house next month that is way "classier" than any I've lived in during my adult life, and I now have a guide for decorating!

:lol:

I can't even remember living in a house that looked like that. I've lived in 4 other houses since I posted those pictures. But I'm glad my 3 years ago self could be an inspiration. :lol:

Now I live with someone who is a bigger Disney fan than I am, and an entire room of the current house is an "Epcot museum". :rolleyes: My Mickey Mouse collection has pretty much doubled though.

rufio

:lol:

I can't even remember living in a house that looked like that. I've lived in 4 other houses since I posted those pictures. But I'm glad my 3 years ago self could be an inspiration. :lol:

Now I live with someone who is a bigger Disney fan than I am, and an entire room of the current house is an "Epcot museum". :rolleyes: My Mickey Mouse collection has pretty much doubled though.

haha! Well, I found out I have two full months before I move, and we're going to WDW in December for our honeymoon. What I can't buy before we move, I'll be saving up to buy on our trip! I seriously love those pictures though! I would love to see this Epcot museum! :wave:

Yelloweaver

Ah yes...of course, I am a huge Tinkerbell fan, so I have a few Tinkerbell items that have struck my fancy.

I first bought a framed poster of Fiesty Tink and a statue (about 2 feet high with the base) at the main store at the Contemporary when I stayed there a couple years ago. The Tink poster is the crossed arms, pouty Tinkerbell that is a pretty popular pose for her. The statue is the classic scene of her on the mirror from Peter Pan. It looks more like a ballerina pose and it comes with a music box that winds up to play You Can Fly.

Having gotten my first taste of Disney women, the next year I bought 3 framed posters and one framed lithograph of the Tinkerbell in the four seasons. They are great pictures of Tinkerbell in seasonal surroundings.

This year, I saw three more expensive items that I had to have. I was at the Art of Disney at the Marketplace when I saw Jessica Rabbit, Tinkerbell, and Ariel (3 different portraits) arrayed on a wall. I had to buy them, and now they are home with me. The Jessica has her standing in a sexy pose and she signed it, "Love Jessica", and has her lip print as if she kissed it. I'm in love.

I am trying to order a different Jessica Rabbit and a different Tinkerbell portrait, but I cannot get the people to call me back!

Anyway, I am hooked on the ladies of Disney. I will see if I can post some pics.

Your name wouldn't be William would it? I see you are from Raleigh and I have friend Will who has the Tinkerbell seasonal portraits at his house.

Patricia Melton

I have a guest room that I want to turn into a Haunted Mansion room. The idea is to make it look like it's an actual room in the Mansion itself, and not be a room with HM collectibles in it (not that there's anything wrong with that). But my idea is that this room would look like you jumped off a Doom Buggy, opened a door you pass in the Mansion, and here would be that room.

I'm holding off on doing it right now because my niece and nephew use this room currently when they stay over and I don't want to make it creepy looking while they are both still kids.

But I want the Mansion wallpaper in there...and I want there to be a sliding bookcase to get to the bathroom.

I want it to be as well-done as if it was a suite at the Disneyland Hotel that they decided to make up like a Haunted Mansion themed suite (you know, like the Adventureland and Frontierland and Fantasyland suites they have there).

I have a binder where I keep my notes and ideas for this dream project. I do little sketches every once and a while and when I'm at a bathroom fixtures place or wherever I look for things that could work in a Mansion room. I'd love the faucets in the bathroom to be gargoyles...where the water would spit out of their mouth and their arms would control the hot and cold water. I'll have to have that specially made, I'm sure, and I want it to look just like the gargoyle that is in the stretching paintings room (as if the gargoyle left that room and then came and sat on top the sink in the bathroom).

My husband thinks I'm nuts but this is a dream for me and I really want it to happen in the next 5-10 years once that guest room is no longer occupied by my niece and nephew on a regular basis.

Has anyone out there seen a really good Haunted Mansion room that looked like it could be a room in the Mansion itself? I'd love to see links or pics if you have encountered one.

Jane Whalebones

In our entainment room we have all of our ride photos. My kitchen if full of Disney...my favorite is my Mickey pancake maker! Christmas and Halloween is OVER THE TOP though. My neighbor calls me a DISNEY NERD! Guilty, as charged! :D LIFE IS BETTER WITH DISNEY! :D

Disneydreamer23

well lets start in my living room ... i have all pictures frames from Disney into my kitchen i have the gang cook wear utenciles plates etc pizza cutters spachelas(sorry wrong spelling) into my bath room its black/white old mickey into my bed room its Disney world lot of snow globes and Disney world portraits into my spare room its Disney princess themed all snow white Cinderella Ariel sleeping beauty and jasmine stuff ! the only place inside my whole house with nothing Disney is my laundry room lol

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Here's the "EPCOT museum" @Laura was talking about earlier. It's been a work in progress, but I think I'm done for the time being, heh. Of course, it will never be completely finished!

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Until I can get a quality audio system hooked up in here, an iPod clock/dock will have to do (for running Innoventions BGM and the like), and that's one sitting next to the Vinylmations (not EPCOT, but I decided to throw 'em there because I had no other place for them to go).

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

I decided to put the maps, guidebooks, preview stuff, etc. in a binder, instead of having them all out and about on the shelves.

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

It was always my goal to hang the pennants from the ceiling vs. tacking them onto the wall, but the problem was figuring out a way to do it. I wound up using Command hooks on either side of the room, then ran fishing line across, and clipped the pennants on that. Worked out well!

DSC00800.jpg

And that will do it! I've had previous versions of this setup with simple metal bookcases from IKEA, pennants tacked onto the wall, etc., all simply in a corner of a room. But I've never had an entire room to pull this off in until now, so I went bigger with glass-door cabinets and the like, heh. Hopefully it'll just keep growing!

ishmael0316

Well, where to begin? My bathroom is all Mickey stuff. I have a Mickey shower curtain with Mickey rings. A Mickey head bathmat, a Mickey soap dispenser, and towels and washcloths. MY living room is all Mickey prints, Disney stuffed animals, our bride and groom ears, and Disney photos from trips. The bedrooms have different themes: my daughter has a Nightmare Before Christmas theme, my son a Pixar theme, and my bedroom is all Disney Princess posters and decor. Now if only I could do something about that kitchen. :p

Lisalyn

My whole bedroom is Disney-fied! I have a book case full of collectible Mickey stuff like statues..salt and pepper shakers, dancing Mickey's, coffee mugs etc. Then I have a framed photo of Mickey in red, white and black hanging on my wall, I also have a full curio cabinet with Disney glasses, shot glasses, plates, figurines, popcorn tins...you get the idea. My best "find" was scoring 6 of those larger sparkly Mickey head Christmas ornaments that were on sale for $4.99 recently at the Disney Store online. I had 20% off so only paid a fraction of the original costs for them. I have one in purple, gold, silver, blue, red and green..love em'!

Lisalyn

Here's the "EPCOT museum" @Laura was talking about earlier. It's been a work in progress, but I think I'm done for the time being, heh. Of course, it will never be completely finished!

DSC00785.jpg

DSC00786.jpg

Until I can get a quality audio system hooked up in here, an iPod clock/dock will have to do (for running Innoventions BGM and the like), and that's one sitting next to the Vinylmations (not EPCOT, but I decided to throw 'em there because I had no other place for them to go).

DSC00787.jpg

DSC00788.jpg

DSC00789.jpg

DSC00790.jpg

DSC00791.jpg

DSC00792.jpg

DSC00793.jpg

DSC00794.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00796.jpg

I decided to put the maps, guidebooks, preview stuff, etc. in a binder, instead of having them all out and about on the shelves.

DSC00797.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

DSC00799.jpg

It was always my goal to hang the pennants from the ceiling vs. tacking them onto the wall, but the problem was figuring out a way to do it. I wound up using Command hooks on either side of the room, then ran fishing line across, and clipped the pennants on that. Worked out well!

DSC00800.jpg

And that will do it! I've had previous versions of this setup with simple metal bookcases from IKEA, pennants tacked onto the wall, etc., all simply in a corner of a room. But I've never had an entire room to pull this off in until now, so I went bigger with glass-door cabinets and the like, heh. Hopefully it'll just keep growing!

HOLY COW!!!!! Can I come visit some day? I won't stay over...I'll grab a hotel and pay entry fee LOL What an awesome collection! I'm jealous..and I know somebody that would kill for that Figment collection !! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom