jt04

Dinosaurs are cross generational and always popular. I really wish Dinoland would have been fleshed out more, but Diorama really screwed that up. The subject matter has so much potential. I've heard Jurrasuc Park at IOA is great, but poorly maintained.

I think they should build Avatar over the remnants of Dinoland in a couple phases. Then they could create a proper Dinoland on the CMM pad after that.

These two themed lands would work well at the front of the park because obviously neither will ever have real animal exhibits and both could stay open later.

NoChesterHester

I think they should build Avatar over the remnants of Dinoland in a couple phases. Then they could create a proper Dinoland on the CMM pad after that.

These two themed lands would work well at the front of the park because obviously neither will ever have real animal exhibits and both could stay open later.

Yeah, but I cant see it. No way they demolish Dinoland because they need capacity, not replacements.

WDW1974

Yeah, but I cant see it. No way they demolish Dinoland because they need capacity, not replacements.

Dinoland is a core part of the park and it is NOT going anywhere. ... Might Dinorama? Sure, it was put in to be largely temporary (for Disney that can mean decades, see Toontown Fair) and it can be taken out in a few days.

But Dinosaur is a signature attraction. It ain't leaving or being reskinned as blue dinos. And the land isn't either.

BTW, has it been lost on anyone that the thread is all about 'specifics' when none have been announced and (likely) very few have been decided on?

Just a thought ...

NoChesterHester

Dinoland is a core part of the park and it is NOT going anywhere. ... Might Dinorama? Sure, it was put in to be largely temporary (for Disney that can mean decades, see Toontown Fair) and it can be taken out in a few days.

But Dinosaur is a signature attraction. It ain't leaving or being reskinned as blue dinos. And the land isn't either.

BTW, has it been lost on anyone that the thread is all about 'specifics' when none have been announced and (likely) very few have been decided on?

Just a thought ...

I meant Dinorama my apologies.

We are all curious as to the details, but I bet we dont hear another official thing for quite some time. That is fine with me. I want this done right. (Wishful thinking I know.)

RSoxNo1

Dinosaurs are cross generational and always popular. I really wish Dinoland would have been fleshed out more, but Diorama really screwed that up. The subject matter has so much potential. I've heard Jurrasuc Park at IOA is great, but poorly maintained.

Just a thought ...

I really think it would be a bad move to put Pandora on the Dinorama property when that land should be reserved for better attractions based on extinct animals.

Kevin did admit that he didn't really know the source of the information that Pandora would be replacing Dinorama.

As for the nature of this thread - Sorry Steve, your attempt to separate the discussion out from the specifics may have been set up too early on. It might not be a bad idea to sticky a single post that you can update and lock, but the discussion is likely going to continue for the next 5+ years.

jt04

Just a thought ...

.......but it goes so much smoother around here when you don't do that. :lol::drevil:

This thread is about conjecturing about what tidbits we do know about. That is why this is the "rumor forum".

And I would just add this to the mix. The closer we got to figuring out the FLE was coming (before the leak I might add) the louder some insiders got by claiming, "nothing new is being built in the MK for at least 5 years!*". That was a little over two years ago. :lookaroun Parts of the FLE open in a few months.

So perhaps you should leave these exercises to the experts. We have a well tuned machine here. :D

*bolded, italicized and underlined for emphasis.

redkoala245

Hi everyone,
I know how you feel about Screamscape's rumors not being legit, but according to their website, they are planning to move Festival of the Lion King to the Africa area, so they can demolish Camp Minnie Mickey to create the Avatar land. In the mean time, they will try to improve the show as well. To me, that sounds like it can be a possibility if they officially decide to use the original Beastly Kingdom area. :shrug: For now, just take this rumor with a grain of salt.

(10/11/11) According to the latest rumor, Disney may be working on plans to move the still popular Festival of the Lion King show over to a new theater location somewhere in the Africa area of the park. The thought behind the motive is that the Lion King show will be moved just in time to begin the demolition work to the rest of the Camp Minnie Mickey area across the bridge, making way for the future Avatar land to open in about 5 years.
As for the Lion King show itself, I can only imagine that if Disney were taking the time to move the show to a new theater, they will also be taking the time to retool and reinvent the show into a somewhat new experience as well this time around. Hopefully more will come to light about this soon.

ACTKK

Hi people! This is my first visit to the forum and I'm so glad that found it. I'm a huge fan of the Disney parks, my last visit was in November last year (I'm from Argentina) and I can not wait to go back . With respect to Avatar land, I expect a park with a lot of 4D simulation, but also with outdoor attractions that recreate the world of Pandora

PS: Sorry for the poor English.:D

RSoxNo1

Hi everyone,
I know how you feel about Screamscape's rumors not being legit, but according to their website, they are planning to move Festival of the Lion King to the Africa area, so they can demolish Camp Minnie Mickey to create the Avatar land. In the mean time, they will try to improve the show as well. To me, that sounds like it can be a possibility if they officially decide to use the original Beastly Kingdom area. :shrug: For now, just take this rumor with a grain of salt.

(10/11/11) According to the latest rumor, Disney may be working on plans to move the still popular Festival of the Lion King show over to a new theater location somewhere in the Africa area of the park. The thought behind the motive is that the Lion King show will be moved just in time to begin the demolition work to the rest of the Camp Minnie Mickey area across the bridge, making way for the future Avatar land to open in about 5 years.
As for the Lion King show itself, I can only imagine that if Disney were taking the time to move the show to a new theater, they will also be taking the time to retool and reinvent the show into a somewhat new experience as well this time around. Hopefully more will come to light about this soon.

The teaser for this week's episode of our show (Coming out on Sunday) is that something is likely to be moved for the Avatar expansion, but it's not what you think.

IlikeDW

The teaser for this week's episode of our show (Coming out on Sunday) is that something is likely to be moved for the Avatar expansion, but it's not what you think.

Don't remember where but one of the threads here floated a rumor of Dinorama being removed. That would be fine by me.

NoChesterHester

Be nice to see the Wilderness Express train serve as a real mode of transportation around what is Disney's largest park. Since the train cars all face left only a couterclockwise loop would work just fine.

jt04

That is my thought, Perhaps they could rebuild the train to service the AKL or a perhaps un-built resort. Move Rafiki's area to some where in Camp MM.

This is something I had not thought of. The train could serve the rumored resort between DAK and Coronado Springs AND Coronado Springs. Then a seperate entrance in the manner of Epcot could be built. Interesting possibilities. They definitely need some sort of rail service between AKL and DAK also IMO.

skellington22

for those children unfamiliar with the movie... Disney will have to make them familiar... meet and greets will almost be certain in Pandora based land, along with a parade...what will be interesting is to see if they will mix disney characters and the Na'vi... example... have goofy dressed up as an avatar... because if not... im afraid it will diverse a little to far away from Disney and become unfamiliar and uncomfortable for children and Disney fans.. but I am an avatar fan and am very excited about the idea

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom