Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

jmick71

People really think they're going to make an attraction announcement? When would they make such an announcement? During the welcome show?

Why would they announce something major on a random Saturday (where there will be little press beyond the local press) when they had the chance to do so at a worldwide media event less than two months ago?

idk they just did it with sorcerers of the MK
i know it is not a MAJOR attraction, but if they were to announce something it would be small like this
NOT SAYING THEY WILL ANNOUNCE ANYTHING THOUGH

SMRT-1

Original Poster
People really think they're going to make an attraction announcement? When would they make such an announcement? During the welcome show?

Why would they announce something major on a random Saturday (where there will be little press beyond the local press) when they had the chance to do so at a worldwide media event less than two months ago?

i don't really understand why anyone would think this would be happening either.

menamechris

Well, I can confirm via a memo circulating the MK entertainment department that the "character flood" will be happening Oct.1. No mention of buttons, cupcakes, announcements, or anything of that nature. Just characters and mini-celebration at the castle hub. Apparently, there are no plans for special meet and greets or special character interaction beyond Oct. 1.

drew81

Well, I can confirm via a memo circulating the MK entertainment department that the "character flood" will be happening Oct.1. No mention of buttons, cupcakes, announcements, or anything of that nature. Just characters and mini-celebration at the castle hub. Apparently, there are no plans for special meet and greets or special character interaction beyond Oct. 1.

Does it have a specific listing of what characters?

disneyWX

Not sure if anyone's already linked to the Parks Blog, but they're doing a series on past celebrations:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/vintage-walt-disney-world-the-teenage-years-2/

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/09/vintage-walt-disney-world-the-tencennial-celebration/

(Wow! Can't imagine having visited during 1986!)

To me, the anniversary years are really a time to honor the guests for their patronage - not a time to penny-pinch. I mean, is it too much to ask to get a free commemorative t-shirt in thanks for the $2-3k our families pay per trip, per year?? :shrug: Don't get me wrong, commemorative maps & pins are great! I just think Disney is on a trend of missing the mark as far as "old fashioned" guest appreciation is concerned. Any company can give you the best when you pay for it.

CountryBearFan

Apparently, there are no plans for special meet and greets or special character interaction beyond Oct. 1.

Oh, I'd like to think that until they say otherwise, the rumored October month-long 40th anniversary character meet-and-greets are still going to happen.

Please confirm that, Drew.

Let's also hope that the characters in that flood on October 1st will be made available for meet-and-greets throughout the park on that same day as well.

menamechris

Oh, I'd like to think that until they say otherwise, the rumored October month-long 40th anniversary character meet-and-greets are still going to happen.

Please confirm that, Drew.

Let's also hope that the characters in that flood on October 1st will be made available for meet-and-greets throughout the park on that same day as well.

If it is important to you to celebrate - be there Oct. 1. As of right now, entertainment and costuming are not privy to anything past that day.

mickeysaver

Character Flood, I think I like that terminology. :sohappy: I am thinking that I must be there with the little one. She won't know most of them, which is fine, but I will and the pictures are hopefully going to be priceless. I am thinking that buying a PhotoPass cd is going to be a must do also for this day at the MK.

bjlc57

you all will be able to get free napkins and soda straws.. today only..

and for today only between noon and 1 pm there will be a soft drink price rollback to the old prices before the recent increase.. but you cannot use you unlimited mugs but instead must buy new mugs for the use during that hour period.. so if you spend $14 for a new mug, you can get refills at the old pricing for one hour.. ENJOY from your friends at Walt Disney World..

bjlc57

this just in.. there will be a reading from some Disney mucky muck , telling us why the Adventurers Club and 20k were bad for YOU and how Disney is protecting you by removing them and that they were never popular either. no matter what anyone else said.. No one ever went there..

but stay tuned because we have a character meeting place coming to replace the club.. and we have two C ticket rides that we are claiming are E TICKETS to replace 20K.. but its only going to take 5 years to build them..

so buy your tickets each year to see the progress that we made..

and it makes no never mind that the Magic Kingdom and the inital Disney world properties were built in just over a year..
you really enjoy waiting for things to come..

plus the DISNEY CORPORATION WAS BUOYIED BY the fanstastic response to the Disney world announcement at D23.. We can't believe the fanstastic support in the glee of those superior announcements.. Thanks to the Disney fans for your support..we are looking forward to giving you the SAME TREATMENT IN THE FUTURE..

invader

you all will be able to get free napkins and soda straws.. today only..

and for today only between noon and 1 pm there will be a soft drink price rollback to the old prices before the recent increase.. but you cannot use you unlimited mugs but instead must buy new mugs for the use during that hour period.. so if you spend $14 for a new mug, you can get refills at the old pricing for one hour.. ENJOY from your friends at Walt Disney World..
this just in.. there will be a reading from some Disney mucky muck , telling us why the Adventurers Club and 20k were bad for YOU and how Disney is protecting you by removing them and that they were never popular either. no matter what anyone else said.. No one ever went there..

but stay tuned because we have a character meeting place coming to replace the club.. and we have two C ticket rides that we are claiming are E TICKETS to replace 20K.. but its only going to take 5 years to build them..

so buy your tickets each year to see the progress that we made..

and it makes no never mind that the Magic Kingdom and the inital Disney world properties were built in just over a year..
you really enjoy waiting for things to come..

plus the DISNEY CORPORATION WAS BUOYIED BY the fanstastic response to the Disney world announcement at D23.. We can't believe the fanstastic support in the glee of those superior announcements.. Thanks to the Disney fans for your support..we are looking forward to giving you the SAME TREATMENT IN THE FUTURE..

Do you think you're funny by posting these? Because you're not, it's rather annoying. Be happy that they are doing something for the fortieth, because they definitely didn't have too.

Scuttle

Ya I don't get it. There is absolutely no way they announce anything about upcoming attractions. I'm sure there are some elaborate attractions about to be greenlit soon, but there is no way they would announce the plans at the 40th.

bjlc57

Do you think you're funny by posting these? Because you're not, it's rather annoying. Be happy that they are doing something for the fortieth, because they definitely didn't have too.

no the disney company should just stand still and watch if their chief competitor launches a new land.. No it would never happ... wait.. what is Harry Potter land? and how come Universal just had one of their best years ever..

or they can just stand still and do nothing and still lose ground.. because in business if you aren't moving forward YOU ARE MOVING BACKWARD.. and guess what.. I don't see a whole lot of forward for Disney World for over 5 years.. but a major ton of going backward.. and I am not alone..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
no the disney company should just stand still and watch if their chief competitor launches a new land.. No it would never happ... wait.. what is Harry Potter land? and how come Universal just had one of their best years ever..

or they can just stand still and do nothing and still lose ground.. because in business if you aren't moving forward YOU ARE MOVING BACKWARD.. and guess what.. I don't see a whole lot of forward for Disney World for over 5 years.. but a major ton of going backward.. and I am not alone..

No, I'm sure all your friends in tinfoil hats agree with you. And there's a little section called "Fantasyland Expansion" you should browse through. Or a fascinating thread on upcoming projects to peruse. Sans the tinfoil hat, of course....

invader

Yeah, because we definitely aren't getting a cutting edge roller coaster / dark ride mix, an immensely themed Little Mermaid dark ride, and an interactive game throughout the Magic Kingdom park. Also, had you known IOA prior to WWoHP, you would have known two-thirds of the attractions had been there beforehand.

OT: I see them possibly reciting the opening day speech along with MAYBE some showing of the Sorcerer's of The Magic Kingdom. There will most likely be buttons, lots of buttons.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom