Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

Scuttle

Oh man, I really want to go that day. But I still don't have my surgery date yet and there's a distinct chance it's going to be the end of September making me unable to get out of bed by the 1st, let alone drive to WDW.

If I can't go, can anyone snag me a map/button/whatever? Please?

Yes I'll grab a bunch of park maps and whatever else there giving out. Don't worry.

invader

I will be there regardless or not if they do anything. Just because it's an anniversary doesn't mean they have to announce anything. October 1st is to celebrate 40 amazing and magical years, not ride announcements.

Scuttle

Can i get in on this too please scuttle :wave:

Of course, but let's not get too excited, who knows if they will even do anything. Regardless I'll be there, so don't worry if they are giving out special guide maps I will definitely grab a bunch.

deWild

I say they bring back the pink cupcake castle from the 90's. Who else is with me!?

I'm kidding. Don't bring back Barbie's Cupcake Castle for Mickey's sake.

Cmdr_Crimson

Wow..You think with 2 celebrations within a year of each other (MK's 40th & Epcot's 30th) they would at least do something to celebrate..

MissM

Yes I'll grab a bunch of park maps and whatever else there giving out. Don't worry.
That's awesome, thank you! I heard from the surgery nurse today. It's either going to be 9/21 or 10/5 but she's shooting for the 21st. Just depends if we can get all pre-op stuff done fast enough. PANIC! :eek:

CountryBearFan

Ugh...I would almost rather have them do nothing. Nothing says we are being cheap as crap and didn't want to be bothered like buttons...

That's a stupid thing to say.

Getting back on topic, Drew also said that there might be special rare character meet-and-greets throughout WDW throughout the month of October in honor of the 40th.

Clamman73

The special surprises at the MK will be:

-Skyway is temporarily back with the use of bucket trucks and wire
-"If you had wings" plays will you're on Buzz
-There's no fastpass for Space Mountain...you will have to wait for 2hrs...sry
-A 20K sub appears in 7 seas lagoon
-Hands will be stamped if you'd like to return later
-COP has "Now is the Time" playing instead of that other song....
-You see a Mission to Mars countdown clock next to Stitch
-ORAC interrupts the current peoplemover narration and takes over
-On the Jungle cruise, the hippos are....well you know...:cry:
-On Pirates...I think you know...

TheBeatles

Ugh...I would almost rather have them do nothing. Nothing says we are being cheap as crap and didn't want to be bothered like buttons...

Ever since Oct 1, 1972, WDW has given out buttons on its birthday. Although, they go to Cast Members.

Anniversaries 2-12 have fantastic designs.

CaptJapan

I heard from a very reliable source, that those who show up on Oct. 1 will get the chance to help demolish the sorcerer's hat at Hollywood Studios, and use those pieces to help rebuild the Adventurer's Club.
This source is very reliable, he's the one who told me about the new Norway pavilion at Epcot.

menamechris

That's a stupid thing to say.

How is that a stupid thing to say? Buttons are now mass produced at Disney. You can get a button for absolutely anything. Or even just because you want one. There is no extra effort in handing out buttons...

With that said, it will go along with what we have always known - nothing amazing will be going on. Simple little things will be done that don't cut into the budget to keep the fanbase happy.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
People really think they're going to make an attraction announcement? When would they make such an announcement? During the welcome show?

Why would they announce something major on a random Saturday (where there will be little press beyond the local press) when they had the chance to do so at a worldwide media event less than two months ago?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom