Osama Bin Laden is dead!

Lucky

Balance the budget. Preserve our freedoms. Secure our borders. Eliminate the trade deficit. Make our nation the strong beacon of freedom where we can have faith in our leaders. That's when I'll celebrate.

Excellent point - our elected officials are doing more to weaken the U.S. than any terrorists.

MsSnuzi

I moved this to chit chat, not to minimize the news, but in tribute to the 9-11 thread, which was posted here originally.

I opened Chit Chat that day to read the most horrible thing posted here, and it is only fitting that others who posted in 2001 will get a chance to click on Chit Chat to see the best news in a long, long time. I'm saddened that Tramp did not live to see this day - I know that old former Marine would have tears in his eyes again, but of happiness and pride.

Completely agree

Jimmy Thick

This is disturbing...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/wl_nm/us_obama_binladen_body_islam

U.S. handling Osama bin Laden's body in Islamic tradition

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States is ensuring that the body of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, a U.S. official told reporters on Monday.

First and foremost, why on earth do we, as Americans even care about this fools religious beliefs? Did he care about the beliefs of the thousands he had a hand in killing on 9/11?

Burn his body and put the ashes in a Slayer concert porta-potty, he deserves that much respect.

Jimmy Thick- And it makes me wonder...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
This is disturbing...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110502/wl_nm/us_obama_binladen_body_islam

U.S. handling Osama bin Laden's body in Islamic tradition

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – The United States is ensuring that the body of slain al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden is being handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition, a U.S. official told reporters on Monday.

First and foremost, why on earth do we, as Americans even care about this fools religious beliefs? Did he care about the beliefs of the thousands he had a hand in killing on 9/11?

Burn his body and put the ashes in a Slayer concert porta-potty, he deserves that much respect.

Jimmy Thick- And it makes me wonder...
Because doing so separates us from them, so to speak. Honor is doing the right thing even when you have every reason not to.

Jimmy Thick

Because doing so separates us from them, so to speak. Honor is doing the right thing even when you have every reason not to.

Tell that to the people who lost life and limb on 9/11, or the people who will suffer the rest of their lives because of what that fool had a hand in. Bin Laden deserves no dignity, not for the things he has done, not for killing women and children, not for being a terrorist.

Terrorism is not an honorable act, this is absolutely not a question of honor, don't minimize what this fool did.

Jimmy Thick-No honor amongst thieves...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Tell that to the people who lost life and limb on 9/11, or the people who will suffer the rest of their lives because of what that fool had a hand in. Bin Laden deserves no dignity, not for the things he has done, not for killing women and children, not for being a terrorist.

Terrorism is not an honorable act, this is absolutely not a question of honor, don't minimize what this fool did.

Jimmy Thick-No honor amongst thieves...
Bin Laden deserved no honor but the men and women of our armed forces do not deserve to be forced to act with out it. He got what he deserved. Desecration beyond that only dishonors only those who doing it.

Jimmy Thick

Bin Laden deserved no honor but the men and women of our armed forces do not deserve to be forced to act with out it. He got what he deserved. Desecration beyond that only dishonors only those who doing it.

I have to shake my head and roll my eyes at this one. The only conclusion I get is you were never in the military.

Jimmy Thick-Some people just don't understand...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I have to shake my head and roll my eyes at this one. The only conclusion I get is you were never in the military.

Jimmy Thick-Some people just don't understand...
Raised in a military family (Marines) bet never served. After being raised by a Marine I would have expected a Marine like yourself to understand honor. I guess times are changing.

Jimmy Thick

Raised in a military family (Marines) bet never served. After being raised by a Marine I would have expected a Marine like yourself to understand honor. I guess times are changing.

Times changed when a group of terrorists hijacked planes and killed innocent civilians on American soil, terrorists who know nothing of honor who deserve no dignity.

If you were raised by a Marine, I assure you that Marine wanted to grab a weapon and avenge his countrymen without mercy. In fact, Iam totally confident in that assumption. Thats being a Marine.

Jimmy Thick-Black and white, no shades of gray...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Times changed when a group of terrorists hijacked planes and killed innocent civilians on American soil, terrorists who know nothing of honor who deserve no dignity.

If you were raised by a Marine, I assure you that Marine wanted to grab a weapon and avenge his countrymen without mercy. In fact, Iam totally confident in that assumption. Thats being a Marine.

Jimmy Thick-Black and white, no shades of gray...
Quite correct, but a Marine would not ________ on the body afterwards.

Laura

Premium Member
Tell that to the people who lost life and limb on 9/11, or the people who will suffer the rest of their lives because of what that fool had a hand in.

A friend of mine lost her beloved husband in the towers, a few days after their baby girl was born. That little girl is now 9 years old, and never knew what it was like to have a daddy thanks to Bin Laden.

Here are her mother's remarks...

"All day long people have been asking me what do I feel. The truth is, I don't feel much. Mostly emptiness and misunderstanding regarding the great cheerfulness around. Anyone that loved and lost knows. Nothing would return the dead. The pain remains the same.

And then came my daughter's reaction, when I shared the news with her. 'Isn't it a little cruel?' she asked and added 'I think that if daddy would have heard this, he would have told them not to kill him'.

In one moment, the emptiness was gone. My daughter had inherited her father's remarkable kindness and this is the only thing that keeps me calm. After all, he is still with us in some way."

Jimmy Thick

A friend of mine lost her beloved husband in the towers, a few days after their baby girl was born. That little girl is now 9 years old, and never knew what it was like to have a daddy thanks to Bin Laden.

Here are her mother's remarks...

"All day long people have been asking me what do I feel. The truth is, I don't feel much. Mostly emptiness and misunderstanding regarding the great cheerfulness around. Anyone that loved and lost knows. Nothing would return the dead. The pain remains the same.

And then came my daughter's reaction, when I shared the news with her. 'Isn't it a little cruel?' she asked and added 'I think that if daddy would have heard this, he would have told them not to kill him'.

In one moment, the emptiness was gone. My daughter had inherited her father's remarkable kindness and this is the only thing that keeps me calm. After all, he is still with us in some way."

This is a wonderful story, but unfortunately when this 9 year old child gets older and learns of the true nature of her fathers death, how he was killed at the hands of cowards, terrorists, I feel she may change her opinion. I sincerely hope she does not and retains the level of forgiveness she has acquired at such a young age.

I can't be talked out of the way I feel about this subject, terrorism cannot be accepted, condoned, or minimized on American shores. We as a country are better than that. Thats why the world has such envy for the USA, we are above this, and we, as American's should treat terrorism and terrorists without dignity.

Its what they deserve.

Jimmy Thick-I will not even mention the human aspect...

mickeymatt

Original Poster
If you look over in the right hand column, you will see that Chit Chat actually has more posts, so it gets just as much "traffic."

Also, members have different ways of reviewing posts. After I check the Moderators section, I use the New Posts option, as do many other forum members when they log on. So, as long as people are posting, the thread will be on the top, or close to it, on that list. A large number of "older" posters check Chit Chat and News and Rumors first.
I am fine with this being moved (not that this is my site anyway). I think that last night when the news broke it was bigger than any category but now discussion is much more appropriate in chit chat. Thanks for letting us congregate and discuss!

First & foremost, lemme just say that I come from a military family. I stand behind our troops, those who serve not for money or glory but for honor and love of country. I'm as hot-blooded an American girl as any could be.

That said, although I'm glad to know we finally popped this evil human being and took him out for good, I'm sorta embarrassed that it took nearly 10 years to do it. I praise our leaders for their perseverance. I do. I just can't help but feel that politics & red tape made it take a lot longer than it ever should have. The war on terrorism will never be over because for every radical leader they take out there will be 2 more willing to step up & continue. Killing Bin Laden was a great thing. It'll cause his group to disorganized a while or maybe fall apart. There are so many others. I wish it was possible to eliminate them all. And even with Bin Laden on his eternal adventure in hell, it'll never undo what was done, bring back what was lost, heal the hurt he inflicted, or return the innocence he stole.

Sorry. Don't mean to be the downer. I'm glad he's dead. Don't think it's something that will fix this country. Don't really feel the urge to run out & celebrate. I dunno. Balance the budget. Preserve our freedoms. Secure our borders. Eliminate the trade deficit. Make our nation the strong beacon of freedom where we can have faith in our leaders. That's when I'll celebrate.
I understand your frustration but Eric Robert Rudolph eluded authorities in our own country for 5 years! Bin Laden was able to be sheltered by so many supporters in that area of the country. His luck ran out and we got him.

Wilt Dasney

terrorism cannot be accepted, condoned, or minimized on American shores. We as a country are better than that.

This really makes no sense. You're basically arguing that we should turn a corpse into a party favor because we're such good people.

Believe what you like, but I can see why you're having a tough time selling this logic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom