France Goes Digital

MythBuster

Original Poster
The France pavilion movie "Impressions de France" has gone digital. It is the same movie and same soundtrack, no changes, the only thing that changed was the media.

I heard that it is greatly improved really crisp and clean images and remastered it and adjusted some color and some alignment issues.

jt04

Wow they really snuck that one in on us.

Brilliant, brilliant move. Just needs some very minor editing to update some scenes.

TDO is on a roll! :)

imagineer boy

Fantastic! Its really embarrassing that any screens aren't digital at WDW since half the 20 screens at my local theater are digital.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
so digital but no new scenes? hmm, maybe they're still coming but that seems a bit disappointing...It can't be as challenging as shooting the 360 movies

hazelrah

That's awesome news. When they switched Muppet Vision to digital, the difference was stunning. Can't wait to check out France.

Rob562

Good news, but how come they can do this for Impressions de France and not Soarin'?

To put it simply: Regular-screen digital projectors exist. Digital Omnimax projectors do not.

There's a huge difference between regular 35mm projectors projecting onto a small screen, and a giant 70mm IMAX projector projecting onto an Omnimax screen.

-Rob

Admiral01

Premium Member
so digital but no new scenes? hmm, maybe they're still coming but that seems a bit disappointing...It can't be as challenging as shooting the 360 movies

At this point I would rather NOT have them screwing around with the movie itself. I can imagine how I would do some re-shoots, but I worry that TDO would just screw up a beautiful movie (since they can't see what I am imagining...). It may ultimately be better to just not mess with it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom