Its not Florida , Its Disney!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Ok so it dawned on me the other day, someone had asked me where we wre going on vacation (well if they really know me they would not be asking where i go every Septmber, but anyway) I had told them Disney...Not Florida just plain Disney .....It then occured to me how often we do this and how long we've done this... I really can't remember the last time I said Florida..Kinda like Disney is its own state!!! Anyone else do this?

disney1077

I always say Disney World then they usually respond again. That always irritates me. I always hate having to justifiy why i love going to Disney World.

rsoxguy

I never say Florida because I am a resident, but it's funny that no one ever assumes that you are referring to California.

foreverbelle

Yep I do it as well, I say Disney, which usually gets the comment:

'Again?? Weren't you there like last year?'

To which I say...

'And weren't you just in NC, what's the difference if I go there every year and you go to the same beach every year?'

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I never say Florida because I am a resident, but it's funny that no one ever assumes that you are referring to California.
It almost illustrates the difference in WDW's and DL's demographic. When you say "Disney" outside of SoCal nearly everyone will assume WDW.

dixiegirl

Original Poster
Yeah I get the "don't you get sick of that place?" No I don't and after a while they do stop saying that...I also like" Eh well when the kids get bigger you won't have to go there". Or "when the kids get to a certain age they won't want to go there"...Hay I say fine with us, we'll go without them (yes I know depressing , not really) But it'll be alot cheaper......also we were Disney nuts way before they came along...They just got sucked in and brainwashed into the madness!!!

Woohoo 15 more days till I get my Disney fix woohoo!!! And Hopefully the 10yr old does not wimp out of RNR!!!!!!

Steve-B

Yep I do it as well, I say Disney, which usually gets the comment:

'Again?? Weren't you there like last year?'

To which I say...

'And weren't you just in NC, what's the difference if I go there every year and you go to the same beach every year?'

HA HA! Great comeback!

Yeah I get the "don't you get sick of that place?" No I don't and after a while they do stop saying that...I also like"Eh well when the kids get bigger you won't have to go there". Or "when the kids get to a certain age they won't want to go there"...Hay I say fine with us, we'll go without them . . .

Some people just don't "get it"

NYwdwfan

I find it hilarious how many people scoff that we're going back to Disney - and then inevitably reveal at some point that they space their trips by 2 or so years because it's so expensive. So basically it's easier to make fun of us for going every year than to just admit they would do it to if it were financially feasible. :rolleyes:

NewfieFan

Oh my goodness! I always get the "you're going to Disney again!?!" line!

People will go to the same campsite every weekend all summer long and these same people will comment when I tell them I'm going to Disney again! Ummmm, if you can go to the same boring campsite every weekend and enjoy it then I'm pretty sure I can go to Disney World twice a year and enjoy it too! :rolleyes: :brick:

I usually tell people I'm going to Florida (even though, I mean Disney). Some people will just nod but then others will ask specifically where in Florida and then I have to break it to them that it's actually just Disney World I'm going to!

fosse76

I say Disney or Universal, simply because I hate Florida, and like to pretend they are in and of themselves completely separate.

NORMNB8S

I will usually say that I'm going to Disney. The people that know me already know that I enjoy Disney and for those that don't, I do get the usual "You're a 28 year old man, why do you love Disney you weirdo!?" comments but I just let it slide by. I always just say that I enjoy it and that I can't really explain it. You either get it or you don't. I also like to point out that everyone has a favorite vacation destination. For some people, it's the beach. For others, it may be Vegas. For me, it happens to be Walt Disney World.

I say Disney, but as with a few others, I am also a Florida resident.

People that know me don't even ask where I am going on vacation, they already know. lol

I did have friend ask me the other day what I have against vacations in other parts of the country. I didn't even respond.:lol:

Korfar

I usually just say Disney too. I have had more positive comments than negative about it. I know what others mean though. Some people don't like Disney at all. That is fine with me, to each his own. 16 more days until paradise. :sohappy:

SeaBase86

I always say Disney. And then people ask "Again? Don't you get bored there?"

I always say, "No, don't you get bored going to the same mall?"

That silences them.

You can't get bored at a 25,000 acre paradise. It's not possible lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom