Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

RobGraves

ahhhhh i see, so just because Anger is homosexual he is not to be believed then?

Sounds like YOU are the one with the issues, not Kenneth or MJ.

So, if Angers accusations about Walt were true... would that make you enjoy his worksd any less? Do you not enjoy the works of DaVinci or Micelangelo? what about Van Gogh? What about the fact that Disney has Aerosmith in the park and Steven and Liv Tyler have eldued to there having been a physical relationship between them at one time or another?

Once again.

Why does one accuser bear more merit than another?

Also Anger still has a reverence for all things Mickey and Disney, and cites early Disney works and Disneyland as influences on his art.... see Mouse Heaven for a recent example of this.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
ahhhhh i see, so just because Anger is homosexual he is not to be believed then?

So, if Angers accusations about Walt were true... would that make you enjoy his worksd any less? Do you not enjoy the works of DaVinci or Micelangelo? what about Van Gogh? What about the fact that Disney has Aerosmith in the park and Steven and Liv Tyler have eldued to there having been a physical relationship between them at one time or another?

Once again.

Also Anger still has a reverence for all things Mickey and Disney, and cites early Disney works and Disneyland as influences on his art.... see Mouse Heaven for a recent example of this.

Since you're just trolling here, and don't know me, I'll let your attempts at being insulting slide.....

I don't care if Anger or anyone else partakes in that lifestyle. But sitting there trying to proclaim him to be a paragon of honesty and virtue when he accuses Walt Disney of pedophilia 40 years after he is dead is pathetic. Especially when he does it in an interview while promoting a new work, which is simply nothing more than sensationalism and using Disney's name for that end.

And regardless of whatever influence and citations he may reference, the bottom line is he's accusing someone incapable of defending themselves. Honor that, glorify that, respect that.

Hrudey3032

Once again.

Where in wm49's statement did he mention anything about this??? Sounds like you are just here to spew your own agenda.

tirian

Once again.

Take the chip off your shoulder and rejoin the conversation.

Trolling?

RobGraves

Where in wm49's statement did he mention anything about this??? Sounds like you are just here to spew your own agenda.
Projecting his personal beliefs and lifestyle on someone dead for 40 years doesn't exactly make him a paradigm of virtue and honesty.....

Right there....

and as far as me "trolling" here... ive been a member of this forum longer than you, I just only post when i have something of worth to say unlike the lot who like to hear themselves talk. I've worked for Disney in several positions in FL and CA. And i respect Walt the man... but i also respect that all men, and artists especially, are flawed.

So, if people had waited till after Jackson died to accuse him, you wouldnt give it any credit? or would you still? What about the accusers who recanted the accusation after he died? do you invalidate the recantation because MJ was dead?

Well, if your logic is right, i guess we should go and have an Oscar Wilde book burning party tonight....

tirian

By the way, I'm sure Lee or Marni already mentioned this, but I'll say it again—HISTA is not coming back.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Right there....

and as far as me "trolling" here... ive been a member of this forum longer than you, I just only post when i have something of worth to say unlike the lot who like to hear themselves talk. I've worked for Disney in several positions in FL and CA. And i respect Walt the man... but i also respect that all men, and artists especially, are flawed.

So, if people had waited till after Jackson died to accuse him, you wouldnt give it any credit? or would you still? What about the accusers who recanted the accusation after he died? do you invalidate the recantation because MJ was dead?

Well, if your logic is right, i guess we should go and have an Oscar Wilde book burning party tonight....

Oh, a "quality over quantity" person. Too bad it's wrong on both accounts....

And as for the accusers of MJ, I didn't really pay much attention then or now. The obvious desire to gain profit from another's alleged weakness is something I don't condone. Unfortunately, you seem to have no issue letting Anger do the same....

Again, stop projecting your or Anger's beliefs on others. You don't know me (nor ever will).........

JWG

By the way, I'm sure Lee or Marni already mentioned this, but I'll say it again—HISTA is not coming back.

1) (Not directed to the poster quoted) - Can we stay on topic please. I don't think we need to debate the finer point of MJ's previous personal life.

2) I've heard both and would love to get confirmation on the return. I hope you're right and it doesn't.

the-reason14

I think and hope they'll make a new 3d show after EO's run. Hopefully next July, EO will be ready to go away, and a brand new show will be coming in. I mean, you never know really. Some people here seem to think otherwise, but you truly never know. Some people here were also saying WDW wasn't getting anything new for 2010, and they were wrong. So hopefully yall are wrong in thinking HISTA will come back.

Either way, good news EO is coming.

zweltar

It's amazing how quickly and extremely things go off topic sometimes. I came back to this thread today and was amazed at the direction it took.

fosse76

Michael Jackson was acquitted, in court, so being innocent is against one's family values?

However, I just got back from Disneyland. I had seen Captain Eo when I was a kid (it was still relatively new) but to be honest didn't really remember anything about it. So its return was of no significance to me. Then I went and saw it on Tuesday. HOW did this ever get made? It was the most dreadful thing I've ever seen. And this has a following? I don't get it! I'm beginning to think people are nostalgic for nostalgia's sake and not because they originally enjoyed it.

tirian

Michael Jackson was acquitted, in court, so being innocent is against one's family values?

However, I just got back from Disneyland. I had seen Captain Eo when I was a kid (it was still relatively new) but to be honest didn't really remember anything about it. So its return was of no significance to me. Then I went and saw it on Tuesday. HOW did this ever get made? It was the most dreadful thing I've ever seen. And this has a following? I don't get it! I'm beginning to think people are nostalgic for nostalgia's sake and not because they originally enjoyed it.

You're right; it's awful. But I'll be there opening day anyway. :lol:

lebeau

And we have a winner! :sohappy:

dxwwf3

I love the show and have watched it many times since the attraction closed. There are PLENTY of movies that people enjoy and I have no idea why (The Lord of the Rings movies come to mind immediately). I think EO has a simplicity and charm about it that goes past the out of date effects. The Princess Bride is a movie I'm showing to my 8th grade students right now and that movie hasn't aged well AT ALL. But it is still very enjoyable.

Animaniac93-98

The Princess Bride is a movie I'm showing to my 8th grade students right now and that movie hasn't aged well AT ALL. But it is still very enjoyable.

Alot of 80s Fantasy/Sci-Fi movies are like this and have developed followings over time because people still find entertainment value in them despite showing their age. Which naturally annoys those who didn't and still don't like them. EO is no exception.

Except The Princess Bride is in the IMDB top 250 (8.2/10) and has a 95% approval rating on RT, so it would be much harder to find someone who doesn't like that film.

lebeau

I love the show and have watched it many times since the attraction closed. There are PLENTY of movies that people enjoy and I have no idea why (The Lord of the Rings movies come to mind immediately). I think EO has a simplicity and charm about it that goes past the out of date effects. The Princess Bride is a movie I'm showing to my 8th grade students right now and that movie hasn't aged well AT ALL. But it is still very enjoyable.

Look, art is subjective and all that. But really, you shouldn't mention the Lord of the Rings movies and the Princess Bride in the same breath as a cheesy music video like .... hold on. I almost did it myself. Anyway, you know what cheesy music video I'm talking about.

It's not just that Eo has aged. It's that it hasn't aged well. And it wasn't good to begin with.

Princess Bride, on the other hand, was an instant classic. Of course it has aged well. It was exceptionally well made and the material was timeless. You just can't compare it to... the topic of this thread.

It's great that some people love Eo enough to try to defend it. And while art is subjective (and all that) you hurt your own argument when you compare the relative quality of Captain Eo to films that are more or less universally praised for their craftsmanship.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

Curious how you are using Princess Bride as an educational tool.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom