MI2 Greenlighted! DHS Coaster Too?

KevinFlynn

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.
Spiderman 2.
Toy Story 2.
Godfather part 2.
Star Trek 2, the Wrath of Kahn (not to mention the most recent Star Trek).
The Bourne Supremacy.
T2: Judgement Day.
Batman: Dark Night.

Sorry, but there are an awful lot of great sequels out there. I consider all of these better than the first in their series.

Oi...read my post again, I said things that aren't based on other source material, wiping out Spider-man, Bourne, LOTR, and Dark Knight.

Sure Godfather 2 was great, but the franchise kept going, and Godfather 3 was terrible, as was T3 and TS.

I wouldn't call any of the original Star Trek movies great. The new one was good, but I would hesitate to call that a sequel.

I already talked about Toy Story, but I'll give you T2. But still, look at your list. That 8 out of the COUNTLESS sequels that have been made in Hollywood.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Oi...read my post again, I said things that aren't based on other source material, wiping out Spider-man, Bourne, LOTR, and Dark Knight.

Sure Godfather 2 was great, but the franchise kept going, and Godfather 3 was terrible, as was T3 and TS.

I wouldn't call any of the original Star Trek movies great. The new one was good, but I would hesitate to call that a sequel.

I already talked about Toy Story, but I'll give you T2. But still, look at your list. That 8 out of the COUNTLESS sequels that have been made in Hollywood.

Weekend at Bernie's 2 was an underappreciated masterpiece of cinematography....

Astronaut Jones

I'm excited about this; I love Monsters Inc. That said, I would prefer The Incredibles 2, and I would also prefer something other than a roller coaster. I feel like Disney is too creative a company to rely so much on roller coasters. Anybody can build a roller coaster.

KevinFlynn

I'm excited about this; I love Monsters Inc. That said, I would prefer The Incredibles 2, and I would also prefer something other than a roller coaster. I feel like Disney is too creative a company to rely so much on roller coasters. Anybody can build a roller coaster.

It'll be a highly themed roller coaster.

And every park should have a few coasters. They really get people through the gates.

SeaCastle

I hope you are right as I love the concept although I have mixed feelings about it going into DAK. I have grown to the idea of it going behind Big Thunder Mountain at the MK in a throwback to a long lost Imagineering project. In any case, 74 claimed that when Joe went off to Hawaii any expansion at DAK was shelved. After he said that we found out the 20K film trilogy had been shelved. That is why I conclude it is not happening. Perhaps someone will chime in that it is on again. It could work, but it is a bit of a stretch for a land in DAK.

If I remember correctly member WDW1974 only stated 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was dead. (And it's not as if he hasn't been wrong before [i.e. Monsters Inc. coaster being dead].) When I researched the Mysterious Island topic for myself, I found I was a bit confused before on what was actually coming. Here are some insider posts that could clear the air: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and for the most relevant posts: here.

dizpins14

Carsland at DCA received a green light because of continued sales of Cars' merchandise way after the film's release, not because Disney was contemplating a sequel.

Disney does not need to build an attraction to promote a film. Sure, it is advertisement for the film, but most people who visit Disney will likely see Monsters Inc. 2 in theaters regardless of an attration. A major attraction will not promote a movie any better than movie posters and meet and greets in the parks.

What the movie will do is put the characters in the forefront of the consumer's mind. The best time for Disney to open a Monsters Inc. attraction would be within two years of the sequel opening, if the movie is successful. Hopefully familiarity with the characters would cause people to visit the attraction. Just because there's a sequel, does not mean there is an attraction on the horizon.

jt04

Original Poster
If I remember correctly member WDW1974 only stated 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea was dead. (And it's not as if he hasn't been wrong before [i.e. Monsters Inc. coaster being dead].) When I researched the Mysterious Island topic for myself, I found I was a bit confused before on what was actually coming. Here are some insider posts that could clear the air: here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and for the most relevant posts: here.

When some people refer to Mysterious Island they mean a clone of the TDS version or at least it's ride systems. That was never considered from what I've heard due to expense and rights issues. However, a steam punk Jules Verne based land featuring a 20K ride was considered by all accounts. wdw74 was very clear that he heard no expansion to DAK was in the cards for the near future. Of course he also said nothing new was coming to the MK just about a year ago. I think sometimes he engaged in disinformation. So, believe what you will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom