MI2 Greenlighted! DHS Coaster Too?

Grlwonder

Disney building a roller coaster based on MI doesn't have to meant that it's going to be based on MI2. I always thought that Disney should make a roller coaster (or any ride) based on MI. IN my opinion I always pictured a roller coaster based on the part of the movie when Mike and Sully are running around behind the factory trying to find Boo's door. The minute I saw that part I said "that would make a wondeful roller coaster." Why can't Disney make a roller coaster based on the first MI?
Then again it's always going to be a way to promote MI2. This really makes me mad that Disney is basiclly about promoting there big hits. Then again old classic rides were turned into big money makers. Example: POTC.

Bender!

I always pictured a roller coaster based on the part of the movie when Mike and Sully are running around behind the factory trying to find Boo's door. The minute I saw that part I said "that would make a wondeful roller coaster." Why can't Disney make a roller coaster based on the first MI?
Honestly I thought a coaster based on the hanging door storage would be more thrilling and entertaining.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The car design appeared on the hub for 30 minutes to a few hours a year or so ago. They were promptly removed.

PhantomX

A new Monsters Inc. attraction for DHS will be announced soon. It is supposedly going to open the same time as the new film. And yes the ride vehicles do look like Horizons.

_Scar

img_3376.JPG

I can't imagine how that will be a roller coaster vehicle, but I trust it will be awesome!

I can't wait for the announcement! Any time-frame? 2012? 2013? 2011?! (probably not, lol)

jt04

Original Poster
img_3376.JPG

I can't imagine how that will be a roller coaster vehicle, but I trust it will be awesome!

I can't wait for the announcement! Any time-frame? 2012? 2013? 2011?! (probably not, lol)

I'd guess it would open with the FLE to keep that area from becomming to congested with folks who really don't fit the demo it is targeting. ST2 seems like the big add for 2011 and the FLE and possibly Monsters for 2012. But that is just a guess.

PhantomX

img_3376.JPG

The Ride Vehicle makes you look like your sitting inside a doorway and I think the track is overhead

joanna71985

I really hope they get the go-ahead for this soon. I think this would be a great addition to DHS (and I always thought that scene from the movie would make an awsome ride).

kingdaniel97

Hell, they've got as close as a sure thing as you can get on new movie franchises coming up with Prince of Persia and TRON and we haven't heard word one about potential park attractions.

Prince of Persia is a video game movie... That would be a huge risk no matter how much it changes from the source material.

TRON is less of a risk but working out a ride that isn't themed around lightcycles(which are awesome by the way, but would seem very much like the stretched out Hippogryphon Mobile from Harry Potter World) would be a difficult venture at best. Regardless it's a risk I don't think is worth taking. A Monsters Inc coaster could be vague about the time frame it's placed in so that whether or not MI2(which I originally read as Mission Impossible 2) is successful it will still be unsullied.

Krack

Prince of Persia is a video game movie... That would be a huge risk no matter how much it changes from the source material.

TRON is less of a risk but working out a ride that isn't themed around lightcycles(which are awesome by the way, but would seem very much like the stretched out Hippogryphon Mobile from Harry Potter World) would be a difficult venture at best. Regardless it's a risk I don't think is worth taking. A Monsters Inc coaster could be vague about the time frame it's placed in so that whether or not MI2(which I originally read as Mission Impossible 2) is successful it will still be unsullied.

I don't think either one of them will make "Pirates" money, but I think they will both be in the $500+ million range (worldwide) which is more than enough to be considered the start of a blockbuster franchise.

I'll bet my week's paycheck both films make more money than MI2 ... and, unlike MI2, they will appeal to kids and adults (particularly teenagers).

kingdaniel97

hippogriff.jpg

That monstrosity is the so called "Hippogriff" that visitors to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will have to deal with. I already have an issue with the continuity of the area(Ollivander's in Hogsmede/Triwizard tournament and Hippogriff training happening at the same time) I don't think that 3 rides(Dragon Challenge/Flight of the Hippogriff/Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) and a few shops that will no doubt be filled with as many Harry Potter logos as they can fit within the confines of the area will hold up to the hype.

A Tron ride after Legacy will be far from a risk. The movie is going to make BANK. And apparently WDI is working on a Tron ride for multiple resorts.

As excited as I am about Legacy(I loved the original and got Tron 2.0 for my GBA) and as sure as I am about the Movie's financial success, that doesn't mean it will be a good movie. I also haven't heard of the Tron ride, anyone else to back up the rumors? Not that I don't believe you Kevin, I just don't know.

KevinFlynn

That monstrosity is the so called "Hippogriff" that visitors to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter will have to deal with. I already have an issue with the continuity of the area(Ollivander's in Hogsmede/Triwizard tournament and Hippogriff training happening at the same time) I don't think that 3 rides(Dragon Challenge/Flight of the Hippogriff/Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey) and a few shops that will no doubt be filled with as many Harry Potter logos as they can fit within the confines of the area will hold up to the hype.

Yea...I know about the hippogryff, but I fail to see how that has anything to with Tron.:lol:

Oh, and btw, The Wizarding World is going to blow people away. Especially the Forbidden Journey.

As excited as I am about Legacy(I loved the original and got Tron 2.0 for my GBA) and as sure as I am about the Movie's financial success, that doesn't mean it will be a good movie. I also haven't heard of the Tron ride, anyone else to back up the rumors? Not that I don't believe you Kevin, I just don't know.

Oh, I know it may not be a good movie, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't make an awesome ride. The Mummy movies stink but Revenge of the Mummy at Universal owns.

kingdaniel97

Yea...I know about the hippogryff, but I fail to see how that has anything to with Tron.:lol:

I was picturing a tron train... If they take up the Light car cycle thing in the trailer then it would be awesome but if it's a pulled out light cycle then it's a no go. It'd also work well if they had individual light cycles, which knowing Disney could happen... Okay, I change my mind, make the coaster. I just want to come face to face with the MCP...

Oh, and btw, The Wizarding World is going to blow people away. Especially the Forbidden Journey.

I'm sure it will, but as being a high school student has taught me well, people are stupid and can be impressed by most everything. That along with people enjoying Clash of the Titans and saying it's only good in 3D when the 3D was done after the fact.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom