Captain EO is coming back to EPCOT in the end the year!

JEANYLASER

Original Poster
Captain EO - Rumor - (4/21/10) I've heard a bit of good news from a reader that the maintenance team responsible for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience has been told to postpone all HISTA effect based renovation projects?. Why is this a good thing? Because it sounds like a clear sign that Captain EO is likely to be returning before the end of the year. Anyone else know more?

This is from Screamscape!

Wilt Dasney

Captain EO - Rumor - (4/21/10) I've heard a bit of good news from a reader that the maintenance team responsible for Honey, I Shrunk The Audience has been told to postpone all HISTA effect based renovation projects?. Why is this a good thing? Because it sounds like a clear sign that Captain EO is likely to be returning before the end of the year. Anyone else know more?

This is from Screamscape!
Very interesting. Thanks for telling us, Jeany.

dxwwf3

Still definitely a rumor, but hopefully WDW management is noticing how well merchandise is selling at DL (I have no numbers, but from what I've read online it seems to be doing very well) and are close to bringing it back to Epcot for a limited run.

But even if they decide not to bring back EO, hopefully something new will go into that spot soon. And I consider myself to be a very big HISTA fan. Personally I enjoy that show more than Philharmagic and about the same as ITTBAB. But it's time for a change there.

KevinFlynn

Personally I don't get the feeling that this is for Eo. That ship has sailed for Epcot, at least in my opinion. If they wanted that to make an impact it would have been done months ago, not by the end of this year.

No, this speaks to me that HISTA and the Magic Eye Theater will close soon to make way for something new in the future.

cdunbar

I read some where that in June it's suppose to appear at Disneyland Paris, and they chose that because it would mark the 1 yr anniversary of his death, I wonder if WDW is going for the same angle...:shrug:

jt04

I read some where that in June it's suppose to appear at Disneyland Paris, and they chose that because it would mark the 1 yr anniversary of his death, I wonder if WDW is going for the same angle...:shrug:

Ah yes, because they haven't quite been morbid enough with this entire undertaking. :lookaroun

:rolleyes:

Next Big Thing

Personally I don't get the feeling that this is for Eo. That ship has sailed for Epcot, at least in my opinion. If they wanted that to make an impact it would have been done months ago, not by the end of this year.

No, this speaks to me that HISTA and the Magic Eye Theater will close soon to make way for something new in the future.
I honestly hope this is what ends up happening. I could care less about EO, that whole pavilion needs to be revamped. I think, while EO would attract more people than HISTA is, that is doing nothing for the future of the pavilion and would almost be like TDO buying before they have to do anything there b/c people would be going to see EO so that would buy them some time until they need to do something with the pavilion. However, if EO does come, that has to be seen as a temporary replacement, which mean that in the future there will be a new 3D show added to the theater once Eo's run is up so either way I guess it is a positive. Just get HISTA out of there!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Putting EO in there is a temporary fix, nothing more and nothing less. Maybe they need to buy time to decide best how to replace HISTA. But EO will not be a long-term solution....

Wilt Dasney

I'd rather see a New Magic Journeys.
*shudder*

They should just screen this for 15 minutes if that's the plan:

scary-clown.jpg

jt04

Hey bud, I couldn't agree with you more, but alas I'm sure I'm a minority.:lol:

No, I doubt you are. But we are up against two powerful forces. First, often all that counts is the bottom line and if it sells plush it causes the mouse to salivate. Second, there are a lot of people who claim to hate the mouse for putting money above all else while for some reason now claim it is a great reason to bring back EO.

And then there are those that are especially hard to understand who get apoplectic at any hint of Disney adding characters to Epcot but crave the return of EO. But even with all that, I'm sure most guests would rather see Disney spend money on restoring the Imagination pavilion to its original glory.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom