Walls are down at Space Mountain

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You'd think they would've taken the down-time to move the FP machines to the far right side of the entrance. Thus not blocking the exit, and a couple of steps away from the Stand By Entrance making it hectic to even walk up there.

Agreed, and it isn't exactly inviting people into the Arcade/whatever is going in there either

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
Peek! I did the best I could with the zoom and lighting. The old map wall now has a big Space Mountain logo, with the Starport Seven-Five under it. The lettering you see there says 'Welcome Space Travelers!' Amazingly, the music sounds the same inside.
4090957914_09fc33ca25_o.jpg

EDIT: I have no idea how this ended up sideways.

magicmaya

Peek! I did the best I could with the zoom and lighting. The old map wall now has a big Space Mountain logo, with the Starport Seven-Five under it. The lettering you see there says 'Welcome Space Travelers!' Amazingly, the music sounds the same inside.

Yes!!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Exprcoofto

For all those rotating your heads/monitors, here is a vertical view:

rtoufd.png

Glad to see they got rid of the original map there. Can't wait to see what else has changed.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Glad to see they got rid of the original map there.
It wasn`t original; it was added in `94 :wave:

I like the `75 theme. A lot. Another pointer is the 1975 logo on the lift hills where FX-1 used to be written.

Jasonflz

:D Glad they kept the music while changing the sign.

Yay! Mr.EPCOT I could just kiss you :lookaroun Haha thanks for the updates!! Still crossing my fingers I get a chance to ride it next week!

Jerm

How sad is it that so many of us are waiting online for just a pic or update of an attraction that 2 years ago we could really care less about????? I want to see the inside now....not in 28 days!

Expo_Seeker40

LOVE that they have reincorporated the original 1975 Space Mountain Logo.

I really think the astronauts will return. The cable and device they were "working on" is still dangling in place from the Explorer Ship, and the metal latter is once again down. That thing has been up and down constantly. They probably are updating their suits and making them animatronic. They'll probably go back to work by the end of 2009 just like the paperboy and renaissance musicians came and went until they were fixed, but perhaps the astronauts, like the paperboy will be facing the wrong direction lol.

magicmaya

Oh.....my....god. Your posts are exhausting. You're probably giving people neck cramps with all of the head shaking you're causing with these ridiculous, negative comments.

:rolleyes:

sighhh

Oh...my...god. At least he's trying to give us a sneak peek! You could at at least thank him for all the hard work he's doing trying to give us an idea of how the new queue would look!

Expo_Seeker40

If you look to the right of the pic Mr. EPCOT just posted of the planter, you'll notice how the old gate to the RCA outdoor patio has a white angular design that mimics the look of the mountain structure. :wave: Imagineering pre 1990: More Power, More Details

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom