Walls are down at Space Mountain

Jasonflz

So wrong, and so inefficient. The SHOW comes first. Opening up a ride with the show and illusion half done is exactly what Disney does NOT do....

...Or did.

True but I wouldn't be surprised if the post-show was either not done or hidden by some walls. The refurb still has 2 weeks to go, which means minor things will be adjusted. I am interested in what will happen with the horribly outdated safety video.

EPCOT Explorer

Contrary to popular belief Walt knew that sometimes things are fine the way they are, and unlike many people on online forums, knew when to shut up about everything being perfect.
:lol:

:lookaroun
It just goes against his widely known and quite contrary OTHER beliefs and practices. Unorthodox for him. All I'm sayin':cool:

I see a digital time display on Fastpast Return :D

And how retro can you go... a new 1975 logo now covers up the FX-1 signs on Alpha and Omegas control booths on the lift.
New Retro?:lookaroun:lol: Cool!

*Dances* Is our race to SM still on?

I love the exterior!

Also,I will be bringing my power washer. Southwest does not charge for extra bags.:D
:ROFLOL::sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am interested in what will happen with the horribly outdated safety video.
At this stage LCD instead of CRT will be a leap forward.
Funny how it's up now but pictures from around the 6th show a normal analog clock. Last minute decision? :shrug:
Yeah. Strange one. They must be trolling the boards looking for threads to fool. I bet we`ll get digital graphics projection on the ride ceiling, onboard audio and LED lighting outside too. All the speak of low budget was just to fool us.

Or maybe not.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah. Strange one. They must be trolling the boards looking for threads to fool. I bet we`ll get digital graphics projection on the ride ceiling, onboard audio and LED lighting outside too. All the speak of low budget was just to fool us.

Or maybe not.
:eek::cry:

Stop making me depressed, Martin!:fork::lol:

Lee

Adventurer

Or maybe not.
:ROFLOL:
Yeah....right.....:lol:
Actually, the entire Mountain we see now is all a giant scrim painting. Behind it, the building has been covered in brushed alluminum and neon. Lights racing up the ribs. Flashing, colored beacons on the spires.
Or even like this:

Attachments

• hksmtop.JPG
    hksmtop.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 77

Exprcoofto

Or maybe not.

Well the new TTA narration didn't come until quite some time after it opened, so I'm going to give SM a couple weeks after it officially opens. Not expecting anything though :lol::lookaroun

EPCOT Explorer

:ROFLOL:
Yeah....right.....:lol:
Actually, the entire Mountain we see now is all a giant scrim painting. Behind it, the building has been covered in brushed alluminum and neon. Lights racing up the ribs. Flashing, colored beacons on the spites.
Or did I just dream that......:D
So glad I'm not the only one that thought of that. :D

Touches of silver would look great on our SM.

And thanks, to you too, Lee....for the depression...:fork::lol:
As promised...
4090758666_c30f44bd41_b.jpg
Oooh. Have not had THAT view in a while.

Shame that it's the same save for some nice Lime Green.:brick:

Jasonflz

Or maybe not.

Very true, at least a better quality.

And yes, I would hope that's true.:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

Oooh. Have not had THAT view in a while.

Shame that it's the same save for some nice Lime Green.:brick:

And that nice darker blue for the signs. At any rate, maybe we'll end up getting lime green LEDs for the wait time and clock screens; it would complement the lime green signage and quite well. :D

(I know, I'm getting nit picky, but it'd be cool if they thought it that far through. :shrug:)

EPCOT Explorer

And that nice darker blue for the signs. At any rate, maybe we'll end up getting lime green LEDs for the wait time and clock screens; it would complement the lime green signage and quite well. :D

(I know, I'm getting nit picky, but it'd be cool if they thought it that far through. :shrug:)
It certainly would....And kudos for thinking like that! They, it seems, have not. :(

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
There's people on it!!! I just rode through on the TTA, and there are confirmed human beings on Space Mountain! Come on, baby, open!

hpyhnt 1000

Thanks for the pics! :D

Liking the lime green a lot.... Isn't that a digital FP time slot?

Yes it is! The SM signage has made the switch to digital! :D And I'm loving the reflective aluminum accent on the FP signs; nice touch! Maybe its a sign of the themetic design elements used in the queue... :lookaroun :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom