TTA News...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrill Seeker

I'm listening to it now on YouTube. It's very WedWay esc, which isn't a bad thing, but yeah, I also think it lacks the charm that the prior version had. Still listening though...

I do like the bit inside Space Mountain. At least there's something there now.

Overall, it's not bad and very WedWay like, but I do miss the style of the previous version.

PhotoDave219

No more so than every Cosby fan is black.

Gay people are found among the ranks of Disney CM's in significantly higher percentages than in general society. Anyone familiar with Disney employee culture would know this. If you stand anywhere in a Disney park and yell out some kind of anti-gay speech, odds are strong you'll be heard by multiple gay people.

I doubt the original comment was malicious; I just doubt if very much thought was given to it at all. People should think before they speak publicly, because you never know who's listening or reading. If this gets the thread locked, it's worth it IMO.

Dude, thats so ghey.....

jmmc

The change isn't terrible, but...

I've liked the recent attempts at making Tomorrowland a future city, and the TTA seemed to be one of the more obvious signs of that. And I always said they should play it up even more. Having it sound like a real "Transit Authority" made it more fun and was clever. And I think it adds a little fuel to some kids' imaginations.

Disney always has these backstories for sections of the park, or rides, but they rarely make them very obvious. TTA did that before, and I think Tomorrowland loses something by removing it.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
The change isn't terrible, but...

I've liked the recent attempts at making Tomorrowland a future city, and the TTA seemed to be one of the more obvious signs of that. And I always said they should play it up even more. Having it sound like a real "Transit Authority" made it more fun and was clever. And I think it adds a little fuel to some kids' imaginations.

Disney always has these backstories for sections of the park, or rides, but they rarely make them very obvious. TTA did that before, and I think Tomorrowland loses something by removing it.

I agree, back when Tomorrowland was different (before the '94 upgrade) this kind of spiel probably wasn't as bad, but now it just doesn't seem creative at all or fitting with the theme of the land. They're ignoring the fact that the Peoplemover/TTA is a major component of Tomorrowland and should be themed as such including the audio.

imagineer boy

I think the most telling difference in style between the two narrations can be found in the send-off message.

New: Please keep your arms away from the doors and remain seated until they slide open automatically. Step onto the moving platform with caution, then exit by stepping away from the car. Thank you.

Old: Attention all humans, robots, and intergalactic being: please keep your arms, legs, and other appendages away from the doors. The doors open automatically. When they do, please collect your belongings and step carefully onto the moving platform. Thank you for choosing Tomorrowland Transit Authority for all your travel needs.

Which send-off is the one that completes a theme and which send-off is merely a generic "remain seated and use caution when exiting" spiel?

And you're telling me the generic send-off is the one that's preferabe? I respectfully disagree.

I think that sums it up perfectly.

The Conundrum

Peoplemover, COP, and Space Mountain represent Tomorrowland's future

Stitch's great escape, MILF, Buzz, and the 1994 theme represent Tomorrowland's past

Which side do YOU choose?

jt04

Peoplemover, COP, and Space Mountain represent Tomorrowland's future

Stitch's great escape, MILF, Buzz, and the 1994 theme represent Tomorrowland's past

Which side do YOU choose?

Sci Fi City.

The future at WDW should be solely represented within Future World at Epcot.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Between this, the skyway demo with potentially nothing being added there, the change of the colors of the arcade...it makes me wonder if we're in a transition period between what they may do to tomorrowland later on.

Will they make it more generic, a bit like the old tomorrowland, or is this just some placeholders before a bigger change?

jt04

Between this, the skyway demo with potentially nothing being added there, the change of the colors of the arcade...it makes me wonder if we're in a transition period between what they may do to tomorrowland later on.

Will they make it more generic, a bit like the old tomorrowland, or is this just some placeholders before a bigger change?

My guess is these are largely "placeholders" while they decide on a longer range plan. And by "they" I mean WDI on the west coast.

My vote is for Sci Fi City with Marvel stuff added, along with Buzz, Wall-E, Incredibles and similar stuff.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thanks for posting my text, Lee. I felt all proud and good for once being able to report on something when it actually happened instead of reading about it!

DonaldDoleWhip

WOW, I believe this new spiel is truly awful. It took the soul right out of tomorrowland. Now TL 94 is probably leaving but the story the TTA gave the land, in my opinion was perfect. The music, the narration, the backstory, it was terrific. With this it just kills that. No more intergalactic highway, no weather on other planets, nothing. I'm pretty easy going with Disney's decisions and feel as if most are for the best but this is depressing to me. TL was my favorite land not necessarily because of the attractions but the feeling you got when you walked in at night with the lights and you thought you were somewhere else. This new narration really kills the land.
I completely agree. This is pretty terrible news, and I can't understand why Disney would do this (it's not like more people will want to ride TTA now).

jt04

Thanks for posting my text, Lee. I felt all proud and good for once being able to report on something when it actually happened instead of reading about it!

I read a lot of Disney sites and you had the news way before anyone else. Looking forward to all your new inside knowledge over the next weeks.:)

The Conundrum

Sci Fi City.

The future at WDW should be solely represented within Future World at Epcot.

Way off. The 1994 version was the sci fi city concept. Disney will now be moving back to an actual FUTURE version of Tomorrowland. When you see what they have done to Space Mountain and the planned COP refurb you will see more of what I am talking about. The return of the Peoplemover concept in favor of the TTA (which was sci-fi) is just the first step in a better Tomorrow.

Disney_Freak429

To keep this as simple as I can to fix it really they only need to add a few of the old lines. Add back the traffic report, "now entering space mt.", & "paging Mr. Morrow..." & really it would make all the difference. If they added those back & added the TTA chime before the bits of new audio it would really bring the best of the old & new together.

OT Martin I missed that you were down here darn maybe we can meet up when you come back in Nov. I haven't see you since EPCOT's 25th :)

juan

Way off. The 1994 version was the sci fi city concept. Disney will now be moving back to an actual FUTURE version of Tomorrowland. When you see what they have done to Space Mountain and the planned COP refurb you will see more of what I am talking about. The return of the Peoplemover concept in favor of the TTA (which was sci-fi) is just the first step in a better Tomorrow.

I agree with you here.
--------

While this version isn't as creative, it brings back more continuity to the TTA.
The old version used to list all the attractions, but was never updated with all the changes. Remember at the Timekeeper spiel "He'd love to take the time to take you through time." Recently, all we've had is mostly dead-air through that space.

I see this update as a good thing! :sohappy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom