Fantasyland expansion a go - CONFIRMED

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
You can, but it would illustrate how negative some people are determined to be in the face of a truly wonderful refurbishment plan.

Disney came through...give 'em some credit.

I believe I did, but not being a pre pubescent female I feel that whats being offered, while visualy appealing is somewhat limited to my families age group.

And unlike some I have no issues which flavour of Star Wars is drawn on for the upgrade.

Or that it was bad form on my part to compare the orgasmic reception a carnival area is currently getting compared to the daily kicking the existing one takes. Double standards? Who knows. But it makes me laugh. :)

Animaniac93-98

I demand the new circus area be re-themed to Mr. Dark's Pandemonium from Something Wicked This Way Comes for Halloween!

:lookaroun

Also, is Disney still calling Aurora "Sleeping Beauty"? I don't expect Jay to have even watched that movie, but there must be someone writing these press releases with some basic knowledge of Disney's 16th animated feature.

prbiker15

Walt Disney World will look so much better in years to come :D

So excited, I might go next year but not really anything is going to be reinvented since my trip last year. This upcoming decade will be special for WDW :D. Really exciting

Exprcoofto

Orland Attraction Magazine: 20 Pieces of Fantasyland Concept Art

http://www.attractionsmagazine.com/...dditions-now-confirmed-for-walt-disney-world/

site may not work, they've been having issues, try refreshing several times

A lot of concept art for the new Fantasyland. I will say, this looks pretty awesome. While it only has one ride and I'm not interested in the Meet & Greets, it'll be fun just to explore and see the place. From the overview of the new update, it looks like people will be able to go onto the castle by TLM and the Beasts Castle. That would be awesome.

tirian

ariel2.jpg

So, this FOR SURE is Ariel. Looks the most beautiful to me with the bright blue water. Looks like a pristine photo op. Wonder if our ride is on DCA's scale?
~~~~~~~~~~~~
belle4.jpg

Confirmed BatB area! I bet that castle is going to be much much much bigger. The three rooms though? HMMM? Any ideas here? Looks like Belle's house in the lower left, and it also looks like Belle is getting more land than Ariel (or so it seems).
~~~~~~~~~~~~
castle1.jpg

I can't tell if this is Cinderella's house (makes sense movie-wise that it would be), but the little mini roof (sorry, don't know my castle terms) looks like what Sleeping Beauty's castle has. I'd also imagine Aurora would be in a cottage somewhere. She celebrated her birthday in her cottage, so.... any ideas here? So, I'm about 80% sure this is Cinderella's house where we'd also meet Tremain and the step sisters.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
cottage3.jpg

Stumped on this one. Is it Snow White? Is it Aurora's cottage? Is it Pinocchio (lol). I'd imagine Sleeping Beauty just because Snow White should be by here own ride (don't quote me on that!). 45% sure Sleeping Beauty.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Misc. questions I have:

Will TIS be getting changed at all? Let's push for electric! Sucks you have to hear glorifed gokarts while fling over Fantasyland.

What is the figure on the castle?

Why Pooh, but no Pinocchio or Aladdin? One is classic Disney and the other is a neglected princess.

Will our Ariel's Adventure debut the same time as DCA's in 2011?

Will villains be in our Fantasyland?

What happens to old Fantasyland? Are our carnival tents gone now, or is Dumbo now claiming them to be part of the circus? :zipit:

Do you think we can finally have the best Magic Kingdom on the planet after this? :cool: I think we can.

• Our TLM façade will be more beautiful than DCA's, with the same ride inside.

• The "Be Our Guest" restaurant has three dining rooms.

• That's Belle's village with a quick-service restaurant.

• Lady Tremaine's home. The Good Fairies' cottage is behind it and not shown on the concept art.

• The Speedway will eventually be redone anyway, and with HKDL's being 100% electric, ours probably will be, too.

• I agree that Pinocchio should be represented, but Aladdin doesn't fit because FL is Euro-centric.

• TLM is slated for 2012. Time frames can always change.

• No villains except for meet-and-greets.

• Toontown's tents are dryrotting. I assume Dumbo will have new tents.

• Fantasyland's current façades will be partly renovated, something that isn't shown on the current plans.

• I think we will certainly have the most beautiful FL, but I'm waiting to see Shanghai's concept art. DL's FL is lovely but very cramped. DLP's would be perfect if it were actually maintained. Tokyo's looks like it's made up of left overs from the 1980s except for the Pooh ride, which is fantastic.

Unfortunately, we'll still have some of the fewest attractions of any FL; yet I'll happily accept large walkways, gorgeous scenery, and a real storybook feel.

Ignohippo

~~~~~~~~~~~~
belle4.jpg

Confirmed BatB area! I bet that castle is going to be much much much bigger. The three rooms though? HMMM? Any ideas here? Looks like Belle's house in the lower left, and it also looks like Belle is getting more land than Ariel (or so it seems).

If you look at the blueprint (and it's on the illustration, too just below and to the right of where you have it cropped) there's an entrance to the BATB restaurant which is going to be under the castle. The castle will be up on a hill and far away, so it will be small and the imagineers are playing with forced perspective.

The "figure" on the castle you're seeing is a flag.

SeaCastle

fantasylandrailroad.jpg

^Fantasyland Railroad Station

I noticed that the blueprints don't really match the concept art. The same attractions are included, but the order of Dumbo, the BarnStormer, and Pixie Hollow is a bit messed up. :shrug:

The Empress Lilly

From the overview of the new update, it looks like people will be able to go onto the castle by TLM and the Beasts Castle. That would be awesome.
It's 'Thunder Mesa' coming to the MK at last!

At last, WDW is using it's enormous size to beat the other castle parks!

Christmas came early this year. Even if most is just meet 'n greets and elaborate landscaping, it all looks very good.

imagineer boy

I am overwhelmed and underwhelmed.

- I love princesses, and am very excited they have a themed area.
- The LM ride looks beautiful. Very excited about it.
- In fact, I think the entire area looks very pretty.

- Four Meet and Greet areas? Blegh. I want rides and attractions, not 'celebrity spotting'.
- I thoroughly dislike circusses. Please no clowns in the MK...

Agreed 100%. I do hope they have plans for somme more rides in the future. I'd hate to see all that space go to meet n greets.

I don't know for a fact- but I'm guessing that there will be a place to meet Mickey Mouse, it just won't be in Judge's tent. Disney may do some things that we don't understand, but they aren't stupid. They know that people want to meet Mickey- they will provide someplace for that to happen.

True, but I really just wish we'd get DL's ToonTown.:brick:

Also, is Disney still calling Aurora "Sleeping Beauty"? I don't expect Jay to have even watched that movie, but there must be someone writing these press releases with some basic knowledge of Disney's 16th animated feature.

Jay doesn't know anything about Disney. He just gets his press releases and reads them, then goes back to his office where he can sit and fart all day.:lol:

Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have been to Disney four times and I love it and I am thinking in going back in 2011. I would like to ask these questions regarding the Fantasyland expansion and if anyone knows any of the answers to the questions I would be grateful if you could answer them :D thanks.

1. Will the Fantasyland expansion close any of the Fantasyland attractions?
2. Will Fantasyland still be open from 2010 - 2013?
3. Is it true they are going to close Snow White's Scary Adventures?
4. Will some of the current Fantasyland attractions close forever due to new attractions coming to Fantsyland?
5. and will the Winnie the Pooh ride still be open?

_Scar

I kind of think Toontown is cheap. Is that weird to say? And Roger Rabbit has no presence in WDW, and I kinda hope he just stays in Disneyland and Tokyo.

I wonder how the people who feel MK should not be tooned up feel. These plans offer more detail and gorgeous-ness. I wonder if they can overlook the fact that everything here is not based on something not Disney classic.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have been to Disney four times and I love it and I am thinking in going back in 2011. I would like to ask these questions regarding the Fantasyland expansion and if anyone knows any of the answers to the questions I would be grateful if you could answer them :D thanks.

4. Will some of the current Fantasyland attractions close forever due to new attractions coming to Fantsyland?

1. No.
2. Yes
3. No
4. No
5. Yes

:)

_Scar

For capacity reasons, MK would be foolish to close any rides for no reason. Our FLand now is not on the verge of death by any means and is maintained pretty well. They'd only close for a refurb or an announced attaction going in its place. And for now, they will be open until something else comes up (a long time down the road). I certainly hope the facades are updated to European style instead of our present facades. :hurl:

The Empress Lilly

Understandable, but this will be far superior to the current princess setup in a dry-rotting tent.

The primary concern, as many of us discussed for the last two years, is that the MK is not big enough to hold its current Guest levels, and we're in the middle of a recession. Everyone knows Fantasyland is the worst bottleneck of the entire park.

This expansion solved the MK's three biggest problems right now: table-service dining, a big E-ticket, and Fantasyland crowding. The rest of the park will continue to be refurbed.
Actually, you are quite correct.

Any new ride wil both solve the MK's overcrowding problems, and amplify them. The guests need to be spread over the other parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom