Hurricane Milton coming to FL

Gringrinngghost

You heard it here first folks. I am calling for landfall with a ± of 25 miles; Bradenton, Florida. Its north of Sarasota, and South of Tampa.
1728464613995.png

1728464676577.png

John park hopper

We have been have some big high tides in SC 2-4 ft on top of that we will have minor flooding. If you are correct it puts Milton on the left side of Orlando which is better (a little). Is Milton still expected to weaken prior to land fall

Touchdown

Original Poster
Do what you can to stay safe in Florida…this is NOT one to dismiss (as Floridians tend to do)
Which for the most part they haven’t this time, Tampa evacuated. The locals I ran into were scared, but there was a lot of tourists who were dismissing it, they are in for a rude shock later today and tomorrow, and most likely beyond that unfortunately.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Which for the most part they haven’t this time, Tampa evacuated. The locals I ran into were scared, but there was a lot of tourists who were dismissing it, they are in for a rude shock later today and tomorrow, and most likely beyond that unfortunately.
Yeah…always loved the tourist attitude

“They get these all the time here…”

Ummmm….no….

EricsBiscuit

Correct storm surge would be greatly reduced. It could actually pull water out of bay. https://www.cnn.com/2024/10/07/weather/video/hurricane-milton-tampa-warning-digvid

The track now has the giant storm surges hitting the Cape Coarl/Punta Gora/Ft Myers/ Sanibel area.
I thought I saw an advisory from the local news here saying 10-15 fr. Perhaps that’s a warning for the worst case scenario.

IMG_6790.jpeg

This is a map from the SFWMD. Looks like the storm is still to the east of the track?

Touchdown

Original Poster
Because any wobble can change the surge drastically NHC keeps its advisory’s based on a landfall as wide as the cone so that people prepare for the worst

IMG_6720.jpeg

However they do provide a more granular tool for the exact path they are currently predicting, after warning you that this forecast is not to be used for planning and to utilize the map I put above for it. If landfall happens in Bradenton this is what the surge in Tampa Bay looks like:

IMG_6721.jpeg

There is a lot less red and mainly focused south of downtown. However if you move to Cape Coral/Ft Myers area:

IMG_6722.jpeg

It looks catestrophic. Not pictured is Sarasota and points between the two bays that are also entirely red.

EricsBiscuit

Because any wobble can change the surge drastically NHC keeps its advisory’s based on a landfall as wide as the cone so that people prepare for the worst

View attachment 819850

However they do provide a more granular tool for the exact path they are currently predicting, after warning you that this forecast is not to be used for planning and to utilize the map I put above for it. If landfall happens in Bradenton this is what the surge in Tampa Bay looks like:

View attachment 819851
There is a lot less red and mainly focused south of downtown. However if you move to Cape Coral/Ft Myers area:

View attachment 819852
It looks catestrophic. Not pictured is Sarasota and points between the two bays that are also entirely red.
Thank you for sharing this. I think my business is safe from the storm surge (thank God) but seeing what those poor people down in Manatee are gonna go through has brought tears to my eyes. Praying for those down there. This is going to be rough.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Just know that map drastically changes every model run.
And people need to let go of the centerline obsession. It can impact the storm surge, but the storm could go anywhere in the cone that you see and given the enormous size of the storm, everyone in Central Florida is going to be impacted and potentially severely.

The local weather teams (and 20+ years living here has taught me who to trust as reliable) are describing this as possibly the most severe storm we've had in Central Florida in decades, if not ever.

Last edited:
You are going to stay in Pinellas county? best of luck to you.
No luckily I would outpatient instead of in the hospital so I no longer have to stay but have many friends who have to. There are many high places in Pinellas county and even in those places many people chose to leave due to risk from wind.

Touchdown

Original Poster
How the heck does this become “news”? Did the travel agent call the news station and say, “Hey, I’ve got a story for you!”
My plane was met in Milwaukee by two local news stations yesterday who were trying to nab anyone (not wearing Disney or Universal logo shirts to avoid having to blur that out) for an interview about our escape.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom