Disney's Live Action The Little Mermaid

LittleBuford

Within the rules of the forum I sure can. However would also like to be respectful of others in this thread. If the world failure is problematic, I can always use a different phrase.
I don’t consider it problematic; I just consider it wrong. We’re allowed to disagree.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s one you might want to keep your eye on:
1685558509702.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yeah…that “strong, independent” board really scoured the earth searching…but it turns out Iger is actually Thomas Edison, JP Getty and sigmund Freud all rolled into 1

The board hasn’t been “independent” since Roy left.
It’s all Iger appointees with the minor bit of “outside” when jobs was there. But he died 15 years ago.

You gotta stop believing ONLY the crap said by nametags and do some common sense/experience assessments of your own.

Iger has been on an ego trip for going on 20 years. That’s who he is. All this “please stay…” is a smokescreen for him.

You look like a shill trying to Come off as a non-shill

What’s next? People are really “digging” the multiverse and are geeked up for “phase 11”? 😎

As I said if you or anyone wants to discuss the sway Iger has on the Board we can discuss that in a different thread. Beyond that independent or not the Board is still the entity responsible for setting up the succession plan and its ultimately their failure for not vetting a viable replacement which resulted in Iger being brought back.

Now back to The Little Mermaid....

Trauma

I don’t consider it problematic; I just consider it wrong. We’re allowed to disagree.
Sure we are.

I just wish I had a better understanding of your perspective.

The quality of a film is subjective.

Maybe you and your family see Mermaid and love it.

Does that make it a success?

What other non subjective metric do we have to gauge the success of a film ?

Disstevefan1

No one knows.

The transition to D+ for other movies this past year has been all over the place.

If the movie has 'legs' it could be a few months. If the B.O. dies, it will be pulled sooner.

Disney has gone back, tho, to opening up a DVD/BluRay window for sales before going to D+.
I am totally in favor of physical media! They should make special editions with multi movies; special features only available in the physical media.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
You can search the thread and see for yourself. You’ve only just turned up, whereas I’ve been here from the start.
Too early to call.

But the strong indication is while not a “failure”…it would definitely come in under what Disney, Hollywood, and the stock watchers want.
That’s a decidedly US-centric view of it. There was spirited discussions on everything from the casting to the allegations of “Orientalism” when it was being produced
Correct. I do Remember that. Not as much heat as mermaid…but there was some.
As I said if you or anyone wants to discuss the sway Iger has on the Board we can discuss that in a different thread. Beyond that independent or not the Board is still the entity responsible for setting up the succession plan and its ultimately their failure for not vetting a viable replacement which resulted in Iger being brought back.

Now back to The Little Mermaid....
Good idea. Let’s start a “succession plan” thread so you can copy and paste that garbage about “the independent board” there 😎

LittleBuford

What other non subjective metric do we have to gauge the success of a film ?
The fact that it did really well domestically over the weekend.

But we have both made our point multiple times already and are clearly not going to convince each other. I’m happy to move on.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Too early to call.

But the strong indication is while not a “failure”…it would definitely come in under what Disney, Hollywood, and the stock watchers want.

Correct. I do Remember that. Not as much heat as mermaid…but there was some.

Good idea. Let’s start a “succession plan” thread so you can copy and paste that garbage about “the independent board” there 😎
Not sure where you get the idea that I think the Board is "independent", never claimed it was. But you go ahead and start a thread.

Jedijax719

Saw the movie today and we all thought it was GREAT!!! Halle was phenomenal and I can't imagine anyone else in the role! McCarthy was great and Diggs was REALLY great! They managed to give the crab much more emotion and personality than they ever gave any character from Lion King!

I would put it neck and neck with Aladdin as the top remake.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom