The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

The Rocketeer

I doubt Disney will do much to the castle until it fades to the point where they have to make a choice whether they'll change it back to the old color scheme or keep it the same, either way they will have to buy paint at that point. I hope I'm wrong and they repaint it grey as soon as the decorations come off.

trainplane3

Maybe I’m just more sensitive to melodies than others? Wonder if they’ll use it in Epcot’s Wondrous Journeys? They don’t even have to change the name of the show…works in WSL.
I hope they use it more. The anthem is a great piece of music. Pinar Toprak made something original that feels right in the park, if that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to the rest of Pinars work coming into the park later this year (?).

ToTBellHop

I hope they use it more. The anthem is a great piece of music. Pinar Toprak made something original that feels right in the park, if that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to the rest of Pinars work coming into the park later this year (?).
Yes, that’s the plan. No idea how extensive her work was. I hope Epcot retains some classic music.

WorldExplorer

I'm debating if I should go get my last 50th birthday cupcake from Boardwalk tomorrow or chance waiting a week and seeing if they still sell them.

I know they'll end up using the same flavoring for something else somewhere on property, but I still want one more.

jrhwdw

Bocabear

And that wouldn’t be the case, if it had actually been a celebration.
Man, what a stinker it was....Felt like everything out of the gate was wrong-note...and they never recovered. Worst anniversary park celebration ever. too little dragged out over too many years, and nothing of substance, surprise, or delight... Just look at Disneyland's 50th and see how it should have been done...

jrhwdw

I presume DAK is cleansing the palate so they can celebrate their 25th with cupcakes with lots of green dye starting 4/1?

Not like DAK has any of its 50th entertainment anymore anyway. Just lost Awakenings until fall.
4/1????? I'm no Insider but I'm not expecting a 25th Guidemap till the day of.....and with our luck, it'll only be that day......

ToTBellHop

4/1????? I'm no Insider but I'm not expecting a 25th Guidemap till the day of.....and with our luck, it'll only be that day......
The wording suggests it’s all month. They suddenly want a monthly celebration for Disney 100. And for April, it’s DAK.

Disney Conservation – and a Celebration!

Be immersed in Disney conservation stories at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park—and learn how we can protect the magic of nature together.
Highlights include:
Plus, throughout the month of April, enjoy limited-time offerings at Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park as we celebrate Earth Day and the park’s 25th anniversary. Check back soon for details.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It will be a grand celebration of a handful of executives, a few bobble headed characters, a few parrots stealing everyone's attention, and a dozen CMs told to be there and cheer for an engaging five minute presentation that includes some physical symbolic thing that they place somewhere.

Happy 25th, DAK!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom