The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
My guess is the spires and rock work are repainted and the pink stays. The former is really unavoidable (there will be tan lines and they cannot be touched up). The pink has no real reason to change other than people don't like it too much. Hopefully whoever is in charge if this project is able to convince whoever that it's would just be easiest to get it all done now.
But Bob is listening to guests! 😉

Brian

This will all come down to whether grey or pink paint is on sale at PPG when they go to pickup supplies.

On a serious note, I had been told the pink was going away but then later heard they may keep it, so perhaps some of our better connected members can speak to the question.

TheCoasterNerd

In the Parks
No
This will all come down to whether grey or pink paint is on sale at PPG when they go to pickup supplies.

On a serious note, I had been told the pink was going away but then later heard they may keep it, so perhaps some of our better connected members can speak to the question.
Not certain but I think I read that it was a permanent redesign to celebrate how the castle originally looked in concept art for the movie

wtyy21

I think projections are unfortunately the future regarding temporary castle decorations. The lights were awesome but very expensive and guests really hate those cranes.
You think that's Castle dreamlights seen during early November-early January every year? Why not following Disneyland Paris path by utilizing all-new permanent LED lights year-round. These new LED lights were really good when they used it for Disney Dreams of Christmas last year and then Disney Dreams will return this April (same month as HEA and Epcot Forever return) with these new LED lights in the castle rooftop.

Last edited:

Touchdown

It would be great to permanently imbed them in the castle, but I suspect, given it’s age it probably is extremely expensive to do that due to the Fire retardant that was used in constructing it (asbestos.) The last few years they got really good at only having the crane extended during 3rd shift so that problem was solved.

arich35

I am in the minority but I actually like the color scheme of the 50th and like the castle.
Our first visit was December 2019 and I like the lights/icicles they had on it then but the new color scheme has grown on me

jrhwdw

Here We are!!!! Last Week!!! Not the 50th we wanted but looks a lot better than Closed Parks on March 27(I'm just using Today's Date), 2020!!!

We got and Keeping SSE Lights!

DE was good! Not HEA but maybe not enough Respect???
Harm, good but prob wrong Lagoon.

Thank you TDO for trying the 50th.......Thank God we got Fireworks Back 3 Months eariler!!!!!

Now on to Proven Hit Shows: HEA & EF!!!!!!! Hopefully more Entertainment on the way!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom