The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
Speaking of corned beef, mine came out lousey -- kinda tough. I followed the directions on the packet -- simmer cooked for 2 1/2 hours, carved against the grain, etc. (Hubs powered through it . . . :hilarious: ) I dumped mine.
That’s pretty much my experience with corned beef, so I usually don’t eat it. :cautious: DW is 100% Irish and likes to do the corned beef and cabbage thing. I guess my excuse is that I’m only 25%, so I only eat it some of the time. :hilarious:

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
This summer will mark 4 years since I've visited Disney World, and the bug to go back has been biting me hard lately. I've been considering finally taking a return trip this upcoming September. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the current state of the resort, but man I have been missing things.

In other news I took a trip on Amtrak to Buffalo, NY earlier this month. It was my first time taking a long distance ride on Amtrak and it went pretty smoothly! Everything was on time and the scenery in upstate New York was beautiful. Pretty much my only purpose in going was to see a Buffalo Sabres game, which I did and they won! Though beyond that, I can't say there was much else that interested me in the city.

Figgy1

Premium Member
This summer will mark 4 years since I've visited Disney World, and the bug to go back has been biting me hard lately. I've been considering finally taking a return trip this upcoming September. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the current state of the resort, but man I have been missing things.

In other news I took a trip on Amtrak to Buffalo, NY earlier this month. It was my first time taking a long distance ride on Amtrak and it went pretty smoothly! Everything was on time and the scenery in upstate New York was beautiful. Pretty much my only purpose in going was to see a Buffalo Sabres game, which I did and they won! Though beyond that, I can't say there was much else that interested me in the city.
I love traveling by Amtrack as everything has always been efficient and it's nice to be able to take in the sights. NY to DC at night is beautiful with all the lights

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear that. IMHO the best way to do it is in an Instant Pot, 2nd best Crock Pot 12+ hours. or you can always drive down to my place
What I'm wondering is that since the piece was only 1 1/2 pounds, could it have been overcooked? The package directions looked generic and didn't really list cooking times per pound, for example. It just said 2 1/2- 3 hours. 🤷‍♀️

MinnieM123

Premium Member
You really can't over cook corned beef. I mean you can but that takes effort;) Where did you find such a small corned beef:eek:
I was happy to find a small size in the grocery store, as they usually only have bigger ones -- maybe 4-8 pounds in the cryovac packages that they sell. Anyway, I'm baffled as to what went wrong. Last year, I had a larger piece, and don't recall any issues.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom