The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
We are having our corned beef dinner tonight. I have mine roasting in the oven, that usually works well and turns out tender. There are a few times the corned beef has been tough but I think it was more the meat quality than my cooking. Hope tonight's is good. My roast is small too, just a couple pounds.
How do you roast it in the oven? Do you add water? Cover with foil, or add any spices?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
How do you roast it in the oven? Do you add water? Cover with foil, or add any spices?

I have a small roaster with a cover. Since I use a packaged corned beef brisket there is a spice mix in a packet and I sprinkle that on top of the roast (sometimes I leave it off). Then I add water, about enough that is about 1/2-3/4 of the way up the meat (not fully covering it). I also had potatoes and usually carrots to the roasting pan too. I keep the cover on until the last 15 minutes. I forgot to buy carrots yesterday so it was just potatoes in the roaster with the corned beef last night. Oh and I roasted it at 350 degrees.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mothers Day Mom GIF

ArtsyGirl13

The Eye POV shot is ubiquitous in movies and TV shows, there's the closing eye POV shot when a character closes their eyes when they're sleeping or when they're awake and we see the back of their eyelids, the closing eye POV shot isn't inaccurate since all people and animals in real life see the back of their eyelids when they close their eyes when sleeping or when awake and there's the opening eye POV shot when a character opens their eyes, the opening eye POV shot isn't inaccurate either, the technique is used in post-production, I've seen this technique many times in various movies and TV shows, I remembered a episode of the Powerpuff Girls of when Fuzzy Lumpkins goes to sleep and we see a eye POV shot of closing his eyes and we see the back of his eyelids for a few minutes, the technique is sometimes used with a mini-camera that resembles a eyeball, it's interesting that the eyeball mini-camera for the opening or closing eye POV shot instead of doing it in post-production.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom