The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I was happy to find a small size in the grocery store, as they usually only have bigger ones -- maybe 4-8 pounds in the cryovac packages that they sell. Anyway, I'm baffled as to what went wrong. Last year, I had a larger piece, and don't recall any issues.
We had a smaller piece also (about 3 pounds) and we cooked it in the Instapot and it came out perfect!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I suggest driving down here the day before or ordering from a local place;)
I would actually do that, even up here. The problem is that without going to the few crowded places that cooked Irish dinners, there really aren't many other options, other than cooking your own at home.

That said, one of the grocery stores cooked a full meal (to go) and I could have bought those, but I just figured I could handle boiling meat for a few hours on the stove. What could possibly go wrong? :p

Figgy1

Premium Member
I would actually do that, even up here. The problem is that without going to the few crowded places that cooked Irish dinners, there really aren't many other options, other than cooking your own at home. Th

at said, one of the grocery stores cooked a full meal (to go) and I could have bought those, but I just figured I could handle boiling meat for a few hours on the stove. What could possibly go wrong? :p
St Patricks Day Lol GIF by Boomerang Official

Figgy1

Premium Member
I would actually do that, even up here. The problem is that without going to the few crowded places that cooked Irish dinners, there really aren't many other options, other than cooking your own at home.

That said, one of the grocery stores cooked a full meal (to go) and I could have bought those, but I just figured I could handle boiling meat for a few hours on the stove. What could possibly go wrong? :p

We are having our corned beef dinner tonight. I have mine roasting in the oven, that usually works well and turns out tender. There are a few times the corned beef has been tough but I think it was more the meat quality than my cooking. Hope tonight's is good. My roast is small too, just a couple pounds.
Corned beef is a brisket so it's a very tough cut to start with, so good luck to all who try and cook one not knowing how it was in it's original state

Lilofan

Corned beef is a brisket so it's a very tough cut to start with, so good luck to all who try and cook one not knowing how it was in it's original state
Two items that I depended on post hurricane recovery cleaning and repairing up my home when no power for weeks was canned corned beef and Spam. When I was so hungry eating from a can never tasted so good. Also side note - many kinds of Spam which is a favorite among locals in Hawaii when I visited, fried, grilled , on sushi , or straight out of the can with white rice and potato salad in HI.

Goofyernmost

I love Corn dogs, but I didn't have any today. I had a Reuben Sandwich with leftover corned beef.
Cracker Barrel used to have a very good Reuben Sandwich for a reasonable price, but they dropped it from their menu with no warning. There is a Deli close by that has good ones also but it's about $12 for one and I do not like Reuben's enough to pay that much for one. One of the many things that I become very frugal (cheap) about.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Cracker Barrel used to have a very good Reuben Sandwich for a reasonable price, but they dropped it from their menu with no warning. There is a Deli close by that has good ones also but it's about $12 for one and I do not like Reuben's enough to pay that much for one. One of the many things that I become very frugal (cheap) about.
They're no too terribly difficult to make as long as you've thought far enough ahead to ferment the sauerkraut.;)

Lilofan

I missed the cold drink served in a frozen mug at Cracker Barrel when you ordered a drink. This was discontinued a few years ago.

donaldtoo

Had dinner out with family tonight. Specifically, Carolyn, myself, Sarah, and Matt, Megan, Daniel, Emmy, and Audrey, MIL, BIL and his wife, their granddaughter, and our niece.
Last time we ate at this place was when Emmy was just a baby, but, it was still just as good…!!!!! :hungry:
Good food and a good time…!!!!! :happy:
And, expensive sports cars parked out front again…this time a McLaren and a Lamborghini…!!!!! :hilarious:

4D8EBC85-D4CA-4C7B-9D8C-C1F73BF7B857.jpeg152CBF44-62CC-472A-AF62-EEFE0D3C8623.jpeg1CD8E244-3E81-4CFC-BB9B-14D7A46568AD.jpegB4DCE831-30AC-441C-AB1B-D3EFDAB5E518.jpeg06184D92-13AA-4713-B62C-2606C5576B87.jpegEA4657C1-CF6C-45A4-9180-77D2A7A9CCE4.jpeg785838D9-9517-4405-9B6D-AA771D05BD6C.jpeg87EE1AE1-9FED-422D-92B4-E32DB392778F.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom