The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Yah, we've all had our experiences in the workforce. Bottom line, it all came down to individuals, and I don't recall it ever being any specific dept. over one or another.
Dad's was unique though. His boss didn't want him on vacation after what substitute Foreman did. He was at WDW at the time work had a problem. Dad was the regular Foreman.

Substitute Foreman was overthrown less than 5 minutes after work officially stated. He was overthrown in the office. Dad's work has a office cubicle for people who work the Foreman position.

Substitute Foreman declared himself ruler while wearing a tiara before work officially stated for the day. He was acting like a dictator. Substitute Foreman said that in the office and everyone in the office decided to overthrow him.

Dad's boss never seen a Foreman being overthrown before and didn't believe what the substitute Foreman was doing.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Panama Canal 2022 Trip Report P21

And we got to Panama City!
And with a plenty of hilarious bad stuff.

So..
We were supposed to disembark by 9am at the most.
We ended getting delayed by A LOT.

20221202_212253.jpg
Thankfully that fit us good, so we could have breakfast and somewhat get ready to leave.
IT was a bit chaotic mind you...

We were supposedly going to leave depending the codes in your bags.
But it was a mess.
We left pretty quickly, but the nightmare started on the port.

First..the port was under remodeling and rebuilding most of the pier.....

20221203_103920.jpg

The baggage claim was an absolute chaos.
Most bags werent there in the first hold, and you could go by yourself to the second hold because it was "outside" security zone.
It took us almost an hour and half to get help and turns out half our bags were in the other hold.
To resume, Panama's ports are GODDARMN HORRIBLE with tons of awful management and planning.

20221203_104140.jpg
Anyway we had to wait 3 hours for a bus because there werent ubers or taxis allowed inside the terminal while it was under construction. Then we were dropped of at the convention center, which was another insanity.

We were immediately bombarded by abusive and over expensive tours operators and taxi drivers wanting to deliver us to hour hotel for 100 USD.

Ironically, the farther we moved from the taxis and these guys.. the cheaper the rates were.
From 100 it dropped to 50 in just 10 meters.
I tried calling a uber but had no internet and had to use my mother's phone.
Then a taxi driver saw us calling an uber and offered us to drive us for 45 USD.

We followed him and turns out he called ANOTHER taxi to drive us off.
There was also an argument between them. Why? because they all had some stupidly oversized subwoofers in the back cargo hold of their cards, and they did not have the capacity for our bags. The second taxi driver ended disconnecting his (we're talking of PARTY size speakers or small event venue speakers of around 1 meter and 20 cms of height) and putting it on the front seating.

After 1 long hour we finally arrived to our hotel, where we arrived a bit earlier but we were happy to wait sitting in the AC while our room was done.

The hotel was quite modern and nice. Probably the second best hotel lobby wise.

It was conveniently located very close to the airport. With a free shuttle as well.
Also high speed internet for free.

We had a tour this day but after they called us that we had to pay 50 USD to be picked up (extra) because our hotel was too far. We cancelled. We were way too tired anyway (too much standing at 40C temps with barely any wind waiting for the bus took a toll of us)
So we just watched the sports while our room was ready. And once ready we went there.
The room was nothing fancy, it was a Crowne Plaza series hotel.

We ordered KFC for lunch using the local app and then took a loooong nap.

The next day was a tour of the old town of Panama and the ruins.
Which went well.
Even the driver had no issue coming for us.

One thing for sure is the guy was hilarious in terms of knowledge. In some aspects he knew a lot. In others he said he had no idea and would need to research on books.

Some photos of the CASCO VIEJO

20221204_083434.jpg

20221204_083640.jpg

20221204_084755.jpg

Some famous areas include the an university that was once a convent. And the oldest hotel that has many awards for building and quality.

20221204_093711.jpg

We also did quite a bit of shopping.

20221204_094613.jpg

There were some interesting ruins of older churches and buildings that were said to have been destroyed by fires. And only some parts survived.

Cesar R M

More photos of the old town and the much older ruins.

The old ruins really has a fascinating story of being besieged, pillaged by Captain Morgan. Who went thru the jungle like an absolute chad. Also the stupidity of some of the worst spanish leaders in history and then destruction of the most important buildings by polvorins (aka gunpowder to avoid the place getting captured and used by Morgan as a base of operations).

DSC_6009_DxO.jpg

@StarWarsGirl
DSC_6010_DxO.jpg

DSC_6035_DxO.jpg

The "new" panama really looks like New York.

DSC_6036_DxO.jpg

Low tide.
DSC_6038_DxO.jpg

DSC_6044_DxO.jpg

Churches too..
DSC_6045_DxO.jpg

The ancient city destroyed by Morgan
DSC_6050_DxO.jpg

Sadly, the view was ruined.. because they had done an "event" for Emirates, which had opened a new route from Quatar and Saudi Arabia to Panama directly.

View from the ruined bell tower towards the new city.

DSC_6054_DxO.jpg

StarWarsGirl

More photos of the old town and the much older ruins.

The old ruins really has a fascinating story of being besieged, pillaged by Captain Morgan. Who went thru the jungle like an absolute chad. Also the stupidity of some of the worst spanish leaders in history and then destruction of the most important buildings by polvorins (aka gunpowder to avoid the place getting captured and used by Morgan as a base of operations).

View attachment 696671

@StarWarsGirl
View attachment 696672

View attachment 696673

The "new" panama really looks like New York.

View attachment 696674

Low tide.
View attachment 696675

View attachment 696676

Churches too..
View attachment 696677

The ancient city destroyed by Morgan
View attachment 696678

Sadly, the view was ruined.. because they had done an "event" for Emirates, which had opened a new route from Quatar and Saudi Arabia to Panama directly.

View from the ruined bell tower towards the new city.

View attachment 696679
Kitty! 🐈

Cesar R M

And thats it folks, the next day we boarded the plane.. walked all the way from the terminal 2 to the terminal 1, to the farthest terminal ever.. and waited.. and waited.. our plane got delayed 2-3 hours.

20221205_145028.jpg

20221205_180317.jpg

We arrived to GDL very late night, so we just went straight to sleep.

My niece still went to pick up some stuff from us, hilariously she had to go back because she forgot the thing she wanted to bring.

We returned the next day to our hometown via BUS, which was kind of uneventful other than another piece of super highway had opened, which cut a few minutes from the trip, specially dangerous mountain side stuff.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Cesar R M , I'm running out of expressive adjectives for your unique vacation photos. I really liked the images of the old narrow streets, and the church. That final picture -- looking through the old stone wall with a view of the modern city -- was quite the artistic viewpoint. And you get extra points for the photo of the cat! :joyfull:

I'm amazed at the skills you had to maneuver through the "vultures" at the port. That sounded like quite the scene.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Anyone else watch the Grammys last night? Normally, I'm not a huge fan of awards shows, but I saw some of it, before I fell asleep early. The good thing was that I saw the (Motown tribute) performance with Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Chris Stapleton . Loved it!!!

Shania Twain was one of the presenters. Gotta say, her (stage special) -- fire engine red hair -- certainly caught my attention! :joyfull:

(I'll check Youtube, etc., today to see what else I missed. Oh, it was a pleasnat surprise to see Trevor Noah as MC -- haven't seen him in quite a while.)

Lilofan

Anyone else watch the Grammys last night? Normally, I'm not a huge fan of awards shows, but I saw some of it, before I fell asleep early. The good thing was that I saw the (Motown tribute) performance with Stevie Wonder, Smokey Robinson, and Chris Stapleton . Loved it!!!

Shania Twain was one of the presenters. Gotta say, her (stage special) -- fire engine red hair -- certainly caught my attention! :joyfull:

(I'll check Youtube, etc., today to see what else I missed. Oh, it was a pleasnat surprise to see Trevor Noah as MC -- haven't seen him in quite a while.)
Shania Twain is age defying at 51. I looked up her daily workout regimen, and she eats a low carb vegetarian diet since 1993.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom