Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

MarvelCharacterNerd

Glad I decided to cancel for today and went earlier in the week when it was quieter.

Didn't seem like I missed anything on the day - they didn't even give out a button as far as I heard. Also heard a lot of anniversary items weren't in stock yet.

wtyy21

Here's interesting article from Attractions Magazine about the differences between Disney 100th anniversary (the birth of what to be known as The Walt Disney Company) this year and another Disney 100th anniversary (celebrating the birth of Walt Disney) in 2001, because folks keep saying Disney 100th anniversary this year as "Disney 100 Years of Magic" instead of more appropriate "Disney 100 Years of Wonder", even on social media.

waltography

Moving past today's successful launch of D100 at Disneyland, what are we supposed to be looking forward to for the rest of the celebration?
  • Indy refurb (timed with IJ5 release?)
  • Swiss Family Robinson treehouse (maybe?)
Is that all?

Disney Analyst

Also it does look like what I thought actually came true. They do seem to use some lighting at night to do pink, green, and blue:

7D3788B5-CFE4-4D2B-AFA2-036DC4669613.jpeg

TP2000

So I went to a cocktails-n-dinner party tonight. Sparkling conversation, lots of fun and funny topics discussed, current events, etc.

But you know what never came up once in conversation? The Disney100 Celebration and/or Disneyland celebrating it.

This was at a lovely home about a six hour drive from Disneyland. People in attendance have been to Disneyland many times with their family. But no one was talking about Disney100 and/or Disneyland and/or the new Mickey Mouse E Ticket they just opened at Disneyland.

Is that just me and my group? Are people hearing chatter and conversation out there in the American Southwest about Disneyland and Disney100? When the 50th happened, it was a huge deal. When the 60th happened, people talked about the new parades and stuff. These same people that hosted tonight's dinner have raved about Cars Land in the past. But tonight?... Disneyland or Disney100 never came up at all.

Is that a problem? Just a one-off? Is there buzz around this Disneyland event and ride and grand opening of multiple new offerings?

I'm not getting the sense that there is. But maybe my crowd just didn't happen to mention it tonight or the past few days?

Last edited:

TP2000

Never thought I would see Rocky on a Disney Livestream.

It's Igers latest studio purchase. It wasn't supposed to be announced until Monday.

Iger got Rocky and Bullwinkle for a steal, and Boris and Natasha are going to host the new Russian pavilion in World Showcase.

4353056-boris_natasha.jpg

PiratesMansion

So I went to a cocktails-n-dinner party tonight. Sparkling conversation, lots of fun and funny topics discussed, current events, etc.

But you know what never came up once in conversation? The Disney100 Celebration and/or Disneyland celebrating it.

This was at a lovely home about a six hour drive from Disneyland. People in attendance have been to Disneyland many times with their family. But no one was talking about Disney100 and/or Disneyland and/or the new Mickey Mouse E Ticket they just opened at Disneyland.

Is that just me and my group? Are people hearing chatter and conversation out there in the American Southwest about Disneyland and Disney100? When the 50th happened, it was a huge deal. When the 60th happened, people talked about the new parades and stuff. These same people that hosted tonight's dinner have raved about Cars Land in the past. But tonight?... Disneyland or Disney100 never came up at all.

Is that a problem? Just a one-off? Is there buzz around this Disneyland event and ride and grand opening of multiple new offerings?

I'm not getting the sense that there is. But maybe my crowd just didn't happen to mention it tonight or the past few days?
It literally just started yesterday, give people some time to get there and experience it!

This toxic social media idea that if something isn't immediately swarming with buzz throughout vast swarms of humanity it must be an instant failure is really poisoning our society.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It literally just started yesterday, give people some time to get there and experience it!

This toxic social media idea that if something isn't immediately swarming with buzz throughout vast swarms of humanity it must be an instant failure is really poisoning our society.
Not to mention one’s friends and acquaintances at one single party can’t and don’t determine the success and buzz of this event. That’s a tiny sample of people in a mix of literally millions.

Your last sentence is spot on.

tcool123

Not to mention one’s friends and acquaintances at one single party can’t and don’t determine the success and buzz of this event. That’s a tiny sample of people in a mix of literally millions.

Your last sentence is spot on.
By this example its a huge hit here in swamps as a bunch of my friends know about it, and want to go out west to see the new offerings - one of them even wants to do Runaway Railway over there because of the queue.

wtyy21

For someone who cannot watched Disney100 celebration kickoff livestream at Disneyland due to DisneyParks stream being privated. Here's the new link about the celebration kickoff captured from AllCentralFlorida archived from former DisneyParks streaming. Anyone can watch it everytime.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom