Walt Disney Company 100 at [Cabochon] Disneyland

truecoat

How many mishaps like this in the last few weeks? It's a joke at this point.

I'm embarrassed when I send a work email and catch a typo after. I couldn't imagine typing something, having it made and posted inside Disneyland, and then having a typo there for the world to see.

I used to work at a sign company and misspelled a pretty big sign (the name was similar to a pickle brand and I used the pickle brand name). I had the day off when it was installed and the owner had to fix it since I was gone. I was really embarrassed when I went back to work but everyone told me it happens. It was my only big mistake in 5 years working at this company but I'll never forget it. The amount of mistakes made in all these Disneyland signs is unreal though.

waltography

The defined user input for these is insane. Fully expect someone who's not paying attention to either clock someone or get clocked by someone. 😂

The circular motion also feels weird for Mickey. Surely a hand wave would be more appropriate (e.g. "Wave hello to Mickey with your MagicBand+!").

MagicHappens1971

The defined user input for these is insane. Fully expect someone who's not paying attention to either clock someone or get clocked by someone. 😂

The circular motion also feels weird for Mickey. Surely a hand wave would be more appropriate (e.g. "Wave hello to Mickey with your MagicBand+!").
It’s so odd since at WDW the 50th Statues interacted with a Wave motion

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Well, Ms. Kolafa is an absolute doll! God bless her!

That said, is it just me, or is this whole "Disney100" thing kind of... flat. Pointless? Like, what's happening for it? Is it still going?

I don't see TV commercials or any buzz about it. But maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?
You'll have to wait to see what kids dress up as this Halloween.

PiratesMansion

Has anyone had the chance to try any of the Disney100 food offerings?

Any winners? Losers?

I'm finding myself weirdly intrigued by the Potato and Cheddar Burger at Hungry Bear of all things, plus a few of the desserts.

mickEblu

Any winners? Losers?

I'm finding myself weirdly intrigued by the Potato and Cheddar Burger at Hungry Bear of all things, plus a few of the desserts.

Not sure if those Buffalo tender cheese fries at Paradise Garden are a 100 food offering but those are pretty good. They somehow manage stay pretty crispy even though they re drenched in sauce. The Thai ones are good too.

But let’s talk about the classics for a moment. The Plaza Inn Fried chicken I had last week was the best it’s been in years. Very crispy and juicy on the inside.

PiratesMansion

Not sure if those Buffalo tender cheese fries at Paradise Garden are a 100 food offering but those are pretty good. They somehow manage stay pretty crispy even though they re drenched in sauce. The Thai ones are good too.

But let’s talk about the classics for a moment. The Plaza Inn Fried chicken I had last week was the best it’s been in years. Very crispy and juicy on the inside.
I always forget about Garden Grill because it got into a pattern of serving nonsense whenever I visited the park for awhile there, but I looked at the menu now, and man does it have a bunch of delicious sounding food at the moment! And none of it is branded as being a 100th offering, so maybe it'll stick around for awhile? (Apparently their official 100th offering is...a Mickey straw clip. Who is buying these?!?)

Glad to hear that Plaza Inn is still good!

waltography

Any winners? Losers?

The lemon chiffon pie at Plaza Inn was really good if you like lemon desserts. A bit like a cheesecake in texture.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I know it sounds crazy but this is ridiculously good - I've had it quite a few times as it's actually been around since pre-anniversary:

1686449048473.png

You definitely need to be a carnivore to appreciate it though!

NotCalledBob

That is exceptionally bizarre. I thought that overall the 100th had been a success? Why not drag it out for a little longer? Even if the firework show goes dark during the holidays. The 50th at WDW was most definitely not a success and they kept that running for 18 months.

The actual 100th anniversary isn't until October 16, so the 100th anniversary celebration isn't actually on for the 100th anniversary? Bizarre.

Disney Analyst

That is exceptionally bizarre. I thought that overall the 100th had been a success? Why not drag it out for a little longer? Even if the firework show goes dark during the holidays. The 50th at WDW was most definitely not a success and they kept that running for 18 months.

The actual 100th anniversary isn't until October 16, so the 100th anniversary celebration isn't actually on for the 100th anniversary? Bizarre.

I assume from the parks perspective, they look at what makes more money... and Halloween is too huge these days to skimp out on.

NotCalledBob

I assume from the parks perspective, they look at what makes more money... and Halloween is too huge these days to skimp out on.

Absolutely. But, the 50th at WDW ran concurrently with Halloween.

It seems strange to strip the park of it's 100th decoration and merch before the actual 100th.

Especially as the celebration has been generally well received.

wtyy21

Did anyone else get the email “Don’t miss the magic of Disney 100”? Seems like they are implying the celebration does fully end August 31st, as they move into Halloween.

View attachment 729739View attachment 729740View attachment 729742
View attachment 729741
World of Color One still there i believe after August 31st. It does not implied that Disney100 celebration ends on August 31, as all Disney100 decorations still left intact. Wondrous Journeys will return next year.

Or maybe Disney will shift majority of its focus of Disney100 celebration from Disneyland to EPCOT? As anyone know, EPCOT will be the host of Disney100 celebration for the end of this year, and the actual 100th anniversary of TWDC will be celebrate at EPCOT instead.

Again, this is worldwide celebration of Disney 100th anniversary, not just Disneyland-specific celebration of Disney100, as there will be Disney100: The exhibition in London this October and Disney100: the concert this November in Paris, among other things related to celebration, such as Disney Music and Fireworks in Japan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom