News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

SpectreJordan

A lot of the comparison of the parks is often bases on ride v. ride count.

But WDW is more resort-y because three of their parks are (or, should be...) more than just their ride count. DAK has a zoo. EPCOT has a World's Fair. And DHS is supposed to have a backstage studio tour vibe, which is supposed to have been replaced with a live entertainment vibe, which it has failed to deliver fully on.

For those who just focus on "rides," then EU is a way for Uni to catch up. But for those who go to the zoo, the shows, the attractions, the nighttime spectacular, then Uni has *a lot* of catching up to do.

Oh, back on topic: TRON is a late 50th Anniversary gift in the wrong park, mostly because the other three parks still need more rides; precisely because there are folk who are all about the quantity of rides.
Tron probably should've been in Guardians's place at EPCOT & Guardians should've been in Hollywood.

TrainsOfDisney

Tron probably should've been in Guardians's place at EPCOT & Guardians should've been in Hollywood.

My version of the parks (assuming it was required to add a Tron coaster and a guardians coaster) =

Tron coaster at Epcot replaces wonders of life - custom design that adds additional outdoor sections that adds kinetic energy.

Rock’n roller coaster becomes guardians coaster just like in Paris. That section can be marvel themed like at DCA.

MK gets beauty and the beast E-ticket in fantasyland and rebuilds space mountain and speedway.

SpectreJordan

My version of the parks (assuming it was required to add a Tron coaster and a guardians coaster) =

Tron coaster at Epcot replaces wonders of life - custom design that adds additional outdoor sections that adds kinetic energy.

Rock’n roller coaster becomes guardians coaster just like in Paris. That section can be marvel themed like at DCA.

MK gets beauty and the beast E-ticket in fantasyland and rebuilds space mountain and speedway.
I really like that besides Guardians being a reskin of RRnC. Cosmic Rewind is sooo much better lol

Buried20KLeague

Have you ridden a non balls to the wall intense RMC? Because I haven’t, and I’m not sure one exists. It’s kind of their calling card.

RMC wasn’t even my thought. Someone else said it. I wouldn’t care.

What’s interesting about them to me is the smoothness of their track. Would definitely feel the most like flight, especially after years of potentially poor maintenance. The jerky ride of rock n roller coaster (for example) doesn’t lend itself to the idea of space flight like RMC’s track does. Some of the turns they design that do “against the grain” of the direction of the track just scream space flight to me.

RMC builds the rides their customers order. They aren’t going to turn down massive revenue opportunity and the spotlight job of space mountain because there’s not a 180 foot first drop.

Jrb1979

What, you don't think adding a headliner with a 1500-1600 HRC is going to thin out the crowds around MK? 😁

Just think of the impact this and GotG would have had in a park like DHS, which has been hilariously mismanaged in terms of ride capacity for decades.
Just think if they added a low to the ground B&M invert to DHS and the capacity that would add

Andrew25

When I said RMC, I meant the ride system, not their "omg I'm going to die" ride designs. Ride layouts are, eventually, decided by the park, not RMC. The RMC single-track is ideal for keeping the "bobsled" design while making the ride more efficient and easier to maintain.

At the moment, I'm quite sure there's no other ride manufacturer able to produce bobsled-style tracks outside of RMC or a one-time project.

I think WDW is going to have to decide between RMC single-rail or Disneyland's version.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Magic Kingdom need far more capacity than what TRON is adding.
If only they didn't cancel the only thing that was on the horizon that would add much needed capacity, within the same land. The now defunct Main Street Theater. Depending on the entertainment/plans (if I remember correctly, it was to house some type of Broadway style show), that could have easily eaten up some of the crowds to take away from SM and TRON in the relative area.

lazyboy97o

If only they didn't cancel the only thing that was on the horizon that would add much needed capacity, within the same land. The now defunct Main Street Theater. Depending on the entertainment/plans (if I remember correctly, it was to house some type of Broadway style show), that could have easily eaten up some of the crowds to take away from SM and TRON in the relative area.
I’m conflicted on the theater. The parks need more capacity but they also don’t need more poorly designed stuff plopped down into them.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photos from today.

New plantings along the side here.

DA2E3109-EA41-4FCB-A0D9-66C1076875FA.jpeg
E47A4998-DDC7-43BD-BDD7-1EFC020DF595.jpeg
A9323BA8-5D47-4104-8D41-B3F0A299130C.jpeg
18BAE13F-0B79-459C-A4A2-91B9AEABA1CE.jpeg
D5FAE097-56F7-4D9D-9F8F-A67FAAFE8F16.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom