Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

plutofan15

Really? If I have spent thousands, planned, did their reservation system only to be held at the door but resort guest get in? If the roads are that flood and dangerous then, for the sake of their cast, they shouldn't open at all.
I used the roads situation as an example of some of the problems which are occurring in the area. Staffing will more than likely be reduced and crowd control will be a consideration. Years ago we took a trip to Europe and had one day to visit Venice. We pre-purchased tickets to tour St. Mark’s Basilica. Turns out that the previous week there was some flooding in the square which caused cancellation of scheduled events, one of which was some large ceremony at the Basilica. The event was rescheduled for the day we were there and all tours were canceled. Of course we were disappointed but there was nothing we could do. Considering what is going on in FL with the flooding, storm damage, people being forced from their homes, homes being destroyed and people not all that far away getting hurt and dying, throwing a hissy fit because you can’t get to ride Soarin’ seems pretty petty and selfish to me. Consider the bigger picture and situation.

Vegas Disney Fan

Based on the hole in Jurassic Parks building, the flooded Hulk coaster, and hearing Velocicoaster is also flooded, I can't imagine UO opening tomorrow.

Are these areas designed to flood?

I’m not familiar with Universal but every flood photo I’ve seen seems to be ponds that are up a couple feet, the lagoon that’s up a couple feet, a canal that’s up a couple feet… in other words low lying areas of water that are now higher than normal. Curious if this is intentional as a type of retention pond or if this is an unprecedented situation.

Comped

I’m not familiar with Universal but every flood photo I’ve seen seems to be ponds that are up a couple feet, the lagoon that’s up a couple feet, a canal that’s up a couple feet… in other words low lying areas of water that are now higher than normal. Curious if this is intentional as a type of retention pond or if this is an unprecedented situation.
This is as far as I'm aware an unprecedented situation. I've never seen flooding at Universal that badly, and it really wouldn't make sense considering that multiple attractions have been what can at the very least be said to be adversely impacted...

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
so as the storm shifted roughly 48 hours out and continued to shift - did he warn anyone where the storm actually came ashore?
For those people with less common reasoning ability than their cat?
Local news was updating constantly.

Those of us in the impacted and potentially impacted areas who were paying attention knew where it was.

This was no failure of reporting.
Well…without waking up this morning to check, the “playbook was set”:

Sun-Mon: Floridians “ha ha…I ain’t paying no taxes…y’all are stupid…look at my view!!”

Wed: Storm hits

Thursday-2024: “what the hell? Where’s the damn government? What am I paying all these taxes for? Why ain’t my insurance paying?!?😡

…same guy.

Unfortunately for the rest of you…I DID wake up today and it’s lining up. Maybe better luck tomorrow? 😎

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The morning of H.Michael's dissipation, I thought for sure everything was going to be closed for the whole day. But, they opened up Disney Springs that evening and bussed Disney Resort guests there.

The flooded roadways may make that impossible today.

lazyboy97o

These are not small ponds. Open up an aerial of Loews Portofino Bay Hotel and you’ll see that the lagoon at the hotel is part of the resort wide waterway system. It’s a massive area to be raised even a foot or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom