DLR D23 Discussion & News

Sharon&Susan

100th anniversary poster:

View attachment 664026
1662101463136.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Is there really a person out there who likes Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Avatar, The Muppets, Star Wars, Themeparks, and the Simpsons all at the same time?
Um, 🙋‍♂️

Well maybe Muppets are lower on the list, but count me as one that likes them all.

Its honestly not all the hard to believe that there are portions of the population that like all these IPs and more all at the same time.

TP2000

They have announced the 2022 Disney Legends today to be presented on Friday Sept 9th.

Here they are:

Anthony Anderson
Kristen Bell
Chadwick Boseman
Rob’t Coltrin
Patrick Dempsey
Robert Price “Bob” Foster
Jonathan Groff
Don Hahn
Josh Gad
Doris Hardoon
Idina Menzel
Chris Montan
Ellen Pompeo
Tracee Ellis Ross

Man; everyone gets to be a Disney “Legend” these days.

No kidding. Or obscure people that are probably very nice, are apparently talented in some capacity, but don't have good name recognition. Perhaps someone in Burbank should look up the definition of the word "legend".

From that list above that @Disney Irish posted, here's what those names mean to me as a Disneyland fan...

Anthony Anderson = No Clue.
Kristen Bell =
Rings a bell, pardon the pun. A comedienne? But not Kristen Wiig, obviously.
Chadwick Boseman = The young man from Black Panther who passed away suddenly.
Rob’t Coltrin = No clue. But isn't there a vowel or two missing? Or does the apostrophe identify as a vowel?
Patrick Dempsey = Rings a bell. But still no clue.
Robert Price “Bob” Foster = No Clue, or even "No Clue".
Jonathan Groff = No Clue.
Don Hahn =
Rings a bell. An animation guy, right?
Josh Gad =
The voice of the snowman in Frozen.
Doris Hardoon = No Clue. Love that name though! I'd happily sit next to her at a dinner party.
Idina Menzel = An actress or singer. John Travolta butchered her name at the Oscars that one year.
Chris Montan = No Clue.
Ellen Pompeo =
No Clue.
Tracee Ellis Ross = No Clue. But she's spent her life telling people how to spell her first name correctly. Two E's.

So I'm confident I got 3 out of 14; the young man who passed away suddenly, the snowman from Frozen, and the lady who works in Hollywood in some capacity whose name was butchered on national television by John Travolta. Legends!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A lot of what's on the 100 anniversary poster is ongoing properties which make them rife for D23 announcements. It's just not random Disney miscellany.

Y'all wanna know what's going to be announced/showcased at D23, right? It's in the poster:

Recently Released (and maybe a sequel/series)
  • Lightyear movie
  • Ratatouille (for the new ride or for some new series on D+?)
  • Mulan
  • Frozen 2 (maybe more shorts?)
  • Yellow Submarine (Beatle's special)
  • Luca (recent Luca short... is there more to come?)
  • Turning Red pandas

Projects in the Works
  • Shang-Chi 2 (symbol lower left)
  • Wakanda Forever
  • Spider-Man animation series and maybe a new movie
  • Capt America Shield (for new CA movie)
  • Nova ship (Cosmic Rewind and MCU Nova movie)
  • Monsters series
  • Hocus Pocus 2 (orange book next to Spider-Man)
  • Jungle Cruise 2
  • Nautilus series
  • SEA series
  • PatF (Splash retheme and D+ series)
  • Enchanted 2 (Narissa dragon)
  • Mandalorian
  • Ahsoka (her Fulcrum symbol is above Mickey)
  • training droid (Droids series)
  • Rebel sign (for Andor)
  • Muppets series
  • Simpson's donut (ongoing series and may tie into the short to be released on D+ Day that includes Maleficent)
  • TRON 'on' button to the left of Oswald (for the new ride and maybe info on TRON 3)
  • Encanto Candle (maybe the new retheme of DL Tarzan and maybe D+ series)
  • Keyblade (for a new Kingdom's Heart game)
  • Indy for IJ 5
  • Genie's Lamp for the rumored Aladdin prequel?
  • Moana's ship (Journey of Water featuring Moana)
  • Haunted Mansion candelabra (HM movie in the works)
  • Stitch for the new Stitch series
  • Wishing Star (new Pinnochio D+ movie)
  • Mermaid tail (live action Little Mermaid remake)

Representation/Part of the History
  • Pixar Ball for Pixar
  • EPCOT Ball behind Maleficent for EPCOT (and all its 'reimagining')
  • Orange Bird
  • Pete's Dragon
  • Tinker Bell
  • Dumbo

Questions
  • Why is Vanellope there? RitR2 was a while ago. Will there be a series based on RitR? the fabled Candy Rush retheme of Speedway?
  • What is the five point star next to Waldo? We already have Cap's shield in the upper left.
  • The curvy sword to the right of Oswald is Raya's sword. Is she represented because she was relatively recent, or because there will be a followup sequel/series?
  • What's Oswald doing there? Just for history or will he get animated again?
  • EVE is there, so, will there be a WALL*E sequel?
  • Are the monkey and dolphin supposed to represent DAK and The Seas, or NatGeo?
  • Winnie the Pooh is there, so, a new show?
  • Rapunzel's hair: Will there be more Rapunzel animated series?

High def picture:

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No kidding. Or obscure people that are probably very nice, are apparently talented in some capacity, but don't have good name recognition. Perhaps someone in Burbank should look up the definition of the word "legend".

From that list above that @Disney Irish posted, here's what those names mean to me as a Disneyland fan...

Kristen Bell =
Rob’t Coltrin = No clue. But isn't there a vowel or two missing? Or does the apostrophe identify as a vowel?
Don Hahn =
Josh Gad =
Doris Hardoon = No Clue. Love that name though! I'd happily sit next to her at a dinner party.
Idina Menzel = An actress or singer. John Travolta butchered her name at the Oscars that one year.
Chris Montan = No Clue.
Ellen Pompeo =
No Clue.
Tracee Ellis Ross = No Clue. But she's spent her life telling people how to spell her first name correctly. Two E's.

So I'm confident I got 3 out of 14; the young man who passed away suddenly, the snowman from Frozen, and the lady who works in Hollywood in some capacity whose name was butchered on national television by John Travolta. Legends!
I'll give you a hand with this summary:

9 are actors/actresses that have worked at Disney in one form or another from TV to Movies.
2 are from WDI
2 are from Studios
1 is from primarily Parks/Legal, specifically was "key" in helping acquire the land where WDW is today.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster

Kristen Bell =
Don Hahn =
Josh Gad =
Chris Montan = No Clue.
Ellen Pompeo =
No Clue.

This just tells me that you don’t watch television.

Consumer

Yeah, no one ever watches television.

…
I don't. Most of my time is taken up by yelling at irksome clouds.
Wait, do people actually watch television? I don't mean streaming, I mean television. Do people really do that? I've not watched TV in years. If I want to watch something, I go to YouTube or streaming. All the shows I watch are from streaming, not cable, and I know that's the case for everybody else I know.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Wait, do people actually watch television? I don't mean streaming, I mean television. Do people really do that? I've not watched TV in years. If I want to watch something, I go to YouTube or streaming. All the shows I watch are from streaming, not cable, and I know that's the case for everybody else I know.
I have Hulu+Live with video recording (which has been automatically folded into 'the bundle'). So, any show that's aired live that I want to watch (and is not part of one of my streaming subs) is recorded. And I get to watch it on demand.

So, yes I watch "TV," but, no, not live.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Yes, people actually watch television.

DLR92

I still watch TV…Bravo is my weakness for reality TV shows. 🤭

Then there the special Planet Earth documentaries.

Sharon&Susan

Kristen Bell =
Don Hahn =
Josh Gad =
Chris Montan = No Clue.
Ellen Pompeo =
No Clue.

CaptinEO

A lot of what's on the 100 anniversary poster is ongoing properties which make them rife for D23 announcements. It's just not random Disney miscellany.

Y'all wanna know what's going to be announced/showcased at D23, right? It's in the poster:

Recently Released (and maybe a sequel/series)
  • Lightyear movie
  • Ratatouille (for the new ride or for some new series on D+?)
  • Mulan
  • Frozen 2 (maybe more shorts?)
  • Yellow Submarine (Beatle's special)
  • Luca (recent Luca short... is there more to come?)
  • Turning Red pandas

Projects in the Works
  • Shang-Chi 2 (symbol lower left)
  • Wakanda Forever
  • Spider-Man animation series and maybe a new movie
  • Capt America Shield (for new CA movie)
  • Nova ship (Cosmic Rewind and MCU Nova movie)
  • Monsters series
  • Hocus Pocus 2 (orange book next to Spider-Man)
  • Jungle Cruise 2
  • Nautilus series
  • SEA series
  • PatF (Splash retheme and D+ series)
  • Enchanted 2 (Narissa dragon)
  • Mandalorian
  • Ahsoka (her Fulcrum symbol is above Mickey)
  • training droid (Droids series)
  • Rebel sign (for Andor)
  • Muppets series
  • Simpson's donut (ongoing series and may tie into the short to be released on D+ Day that includes Maleficent)
  • TRON 'on' button to the left of Oswald (for the new ride and maybe info on TRON 3)
  • Encanto Candle (maybe the new retheme of DL Tarzan and maybe D+ series)
  • Keyblade (for a new Kingdom's Heart game)
  • Indy for IJ 5
  • Genie's Lamp for the rumored Aladdin prequel?
  • Moana's ship (Journey of Water featuring Moana)
  • Haunted Mansion candelabra (HM movie in the works)
  • Stitch for the new Stitch series
  • Wishing Star (new Pinnochio D+ movie)
  • Mermaid tail (live action Little Mermaid remake)

Representation/Part of the History
  • Pixar Ball for Pixar
  • EPCOT Ball behind Maleficent for EPCOT (and all its 'reimagining')
  • Orange Bird
  • Pete's Dragon
  • Tinker Bell
  • Dumbo

Questions
  • Why is Vanellope there? RitR2 was a while ago. Will there be a series based on RitR? the fabled Candy Rush retheme of Speedway?
  • What is the five point star next to Waldo? We already have Cap's shield in the upper left.
  • The curvy sword to the right of Oswald is Raya's sword. Is she represented because she was relatively recent, or because there will be a followup sequel/series?
  • What's Oswald doing there? Just for history or will he get animated again?
  • EVE is there, so, will there be a WALL*E sequel?
  • Are the monkey and dolphin supposed to represent DAK and The Seas, or NatGeo?
  • Winnie the Pooh is there, so, a new show?
  • Rapunzel's hair: Will there be more Rapunzel animated series?

High def picture:

Can't tell if this post is a joke or not. I don't think the intention is everything on the poster gets a new entry.

Also the Yellow Submarine is from the ride at Disneyland. Disney was making a Yellow Submarine film with Robert Zemeckis 10 years ago but it was cancelled.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Can't tell if this post is a joke or not. I don't think the intention is everything on the poster gets a new entry.
And yet, 90% of what's in the poster represents recently added or in-the-works media content or parks attraction.

Also the Yellow Submarine is from the ride at Disneyland. Disney was making a Yellow Submarine film with Robert Zemeckis 10 years ago but it was cancelled.
I very highly doubt that's the case. Occam's Razor says that's for the relatively recent Peter Jackson Get Back documentary. There's a bunch of images that represent releases in the past year such as Mulan, which came out at about the same time.

CaptinEO

And yet, 90% of what's in the poster represents recently added or in-the-works media content or parks attraction.

I very highly doubt that's the case. Occam's Razor says that's for the relatively recent Peter Jackson Get Back documentary. There's a bunch of images that represent releases in the past year such as Mulan, which came out at about the same time.
That's just synergy for you, I wouldn't read too much into it.

Get Back was produced by Apple Records and Disney bought the digital distribution rights. The home video version doesn't have any mention of Disney at all.

edit: Disney owns the home video distribution rights as well, but they did not finance or make the film, just the distribution rights.

Are you saying this film will now be a reality?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom