DLR D23 Discussion & News

waltography

Hahah I’m probably more excited than I should be for Magic Bands but I have two young kids and my hands are always full. What’s your excuse? Lol
Just excited to be able to use my phone a bit less at the parks! It's really gotten to me how much my friends and I are on our phones fast tapping to make reservations/pick FastPasses/etc. when we're at the parks and I'm hoping having the MagicBands will lessen that.

mickEblu

Just excited to be able to use my phone a bit less at the parks! It's really gotten to me how much my friends and I are on our phones fast tapping to make reservations/pick FastPasses/etc. when we're at the parks and I'm hoping having the MagicBands will lessen that.

Haha I hear you. Same here. Getting in the park, Entering lightning lanes, paying for stuff will all be easier. Anything I’m missing?

Will we still have to show our phones/ passes for discounts or is that information on the Magic Band? I’m guessing we’ll still have to show them our pass. It spiel be nice if you could scan your magicband for the discount

Last edited:

D.Silentu

For lack of another place to post this, my dark horse hope for D23 is an announced update to Mission Breakout. I've always thought the ride feels like it was about 2/3 finished when it opened, which may be somewhat true given its finite construction time. It needs just a bit more panache during the ride sequence. Ideally something physical, though using the upgrades to Paris' tower as a template would also be an improvement. The actors from the movie just got together to film the next sequel so I imagine just as they filmed segments for Epcot this would be the most likely chance that our ride would see a change. I could also see it as an inexpensive stop gap measure if the Avengers E-Ticket remains delayed.

Last edited:

waltography

Haha I hear you. Same here. Getting in the park, Entering lightning lanes, paying for stuff will all be easier. Anything I’m missing?

Will we still have to show our phones/ passes for discounts or is that information on the Magic Band? I’m guessing we’ll still have to show them our pass. It spiel be nice if you could scan your magicband for the discount
Would be nice, but probably not. The band would have access to discount info since they're attached to your Disney account (I've heard rogue cases of people from WDW being able to use MB at Aulani to unlock their rooms even though MB isn't officially activated there), but I don't think their POS or their card readers are configured to read the RFID for that.

For lack of another place to post this, my dark horse hope for D23 is an announced update to Mission Breakout. I've always thought the ride feels like it was about 2/3 finished when it opened, which may be somewhat true given its finite construction time. It needs just a bit more panache during the ride sequence. Ideally something physical, though using the upgrades to Paris' tower as a template would also be an improvement. The actors from the movie just got together to film the next sequel so I imagine just as they filmed segments for Epcot this would be the most likely chance that our ride would see a change. I could also see it as an inexpensive stop gap measure if the Avengers E-Ticket remains delayed.
I've always wanted there to be an in-cart moment where we see some creature trying to break into our lift from the grates. No clue how they could reasonably pull that off but I want it anyway.

No Name

Well to be eligible you just have to "The Disney Legends Award is given to an individual who has made an extraordinary contribution to the Disney legacy,".

And based on the list all of this years recipients have all been part of Disney in one form or another for at least a decade or more and have contributed either in front of the camera or behind the scenes.

I don't see anyone on this list that isn't deserving or doesn't represent the Disney Legacy.
I don’t really care too much who they give it to, but I question why they’re giving the award to four people from Frozen this year. If they announce Frozen 3 later in the day with those four on stage, I’ll be a little cynical.

Also Frozen 2 sucked.

vikescaper

If it is anything like WDW, you would still have to show your pass for discounts. I know I still do whenever I use a dining discount.

D.Silentu

I presume that if they’re going to the effort to live stream the presentations, then there will be something they want people to see.

Last edited:

Brer Panther

Can I just say that it's really unfair how Anthony Anderson of all people is getting named a Disney Legend before Corey Burton, Jim Cummings, Tress MacNeille, and Frank Welker are?

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
100th anniversary poster:

42D0250D-B94D-48BA-AC27-33C18FC2FC76.jpeg

D.Silentu

More than a little surprised that a portion of the poster is devoted to The Simpsons. Simply purchasing them seems to have been enough to warrant it.

CaptinEO

100th anniversary poster:

View attachment 664026
It's like the rich kid showing off everything they own.

Is there really a person out there who likes Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Avatar, The Muppets, Star Wars, Themeparks, and the Simpsons all at the same time? Like the bigger Disney tries to cast its net with branding the more they lose me.

I just like fairytale films and themeparks. Why are Mickey Mouse, Spiderman, Mulan, and Boba Fett on the same poster? I like all these things separately but not together.

100 years but lets focus on things they purchased during the last 10 years.

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
It's like the rich kid showing off everything they own.

Is there really a person out there who likes Marvel, Disney, Pixar, Avatar, The Muppets, Star Wars, Themeparks, and the Simpsons all at the same time? Like the bigger Disney tries to cast its net with branding the more they lose me.

I just like fairytale films and themeparks. Why are Mickey Mouse, Spiderman, Mulan, and Boba Fett on the same poster? I like all these things separately but not together.

100 years but lets focus on things they purchased during the last 10 years.
I mean, it makes sense that all of these IPs are featured in this piece of art. Disney has created/acquired these properties within the 100 years, whether we like them or not. We know why Mickey, Spider-Man, Mulan, and Boba Fett are on one poster. And yes, there are likely plenty of people who are fans of all of these properties.

I don’t like the poster, but I can admit that it makes sense, given the context, and it wouldn’t make sense to focus on just the last 10 years.

BrianLo

Ha, call me a shill, but yes actually I'm also one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom