What will Disney announce for Disney World at the 2022 D23 expo?

seabreezept813

I would be very curious in looking at a poll as to which ride 3 to 8 year olds liked best between (WDW's) Mermaid, Snow White, Peter Pan, and even Nemo...

...Because something tells me that they'll just get excited about all of them. Lol.

One more time for the people in the back Not. Every. Ride. Has. To. Be. A. Giant. Groundbreaking. Attraction.

For added emphasis... Not. Every. Ride. Has. To. Appeal. To. Disney. Adults. Who. Wet. Their. Pants. When. A. Vintage. Spaceship. Earth. Cookie. Jar. Is. Announced.

Little Mermaid does just as good a job as Frozen Ever After for the young'uns.
My 4 year old always mentions Pooh, Peter Pan, and Small World as her favorites. She tends to forget about Mermaid, for some reason it doesn’t land as well.

UNCgolf

Way. it looks pretty, but that is about it. the screens wreck the immersion and there is pretty much nothing going on in most of the ride. it's a place to go to sit down and cool off for a few, that's about it. I'd rather ride Living with the Land.

NRJ probably has the best use of screens at WDW to me. They add some depth and movement, but solely function as a supplement instead of replacing immersive theming.

The biggest issue is that it's too short and needs a few more AAs. With that said, if it was 10+ minutes long and full of AAs, then it's an E ticket ride and it was never intended to be that.

And Living with the Land is great!

James Alucobond

Snow was showing its age and there was definitely room for improvement, but Disneyland's retooling of their SWSA shows how much potential there was to better the WDW version if they hadn't leveled it for a meet and greet.
I understand why they ditched it given the overlap with Mine Train, but I really wish they'd just swapped everything out for Sleeping Beauty. You could easily replace the dwarves' cottage scene with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather failing spectacularly as they prepare for Aurora's birthday; place Maleficent's crow outside the window where the witch currently is; swap the mines for Once Upon a Dream in a forest; show Aurora pricking her finger instead of doing the cauldron transformation; have Maleficent conjure all the powers of hell at the next witch vignette; put Phillip atop the cliffs fighting dragon-Maleficent; and keep the kiss scene with the brambles transforming into roses. Bonus points if the "goodbye figures" at the end could somehow be a dancing Aurora and Phillip with color-changing dress.

yensidtlaw1969

I would be very curious in looking at a poll as to which ride 3 to 8 year olds liked best between (WDW's) Mermaid, Snow White, Peter Pan, and even Nemo...

...Because something tells me that they'll just get excited about all of them. Lol.

One more time for the people in the back Not. Every. Ride. Has. To. Be. A. Giant. Groundbreaking. Attraction.

For added emphasis... Not. Every. Ride. Has. To. Appeal. To. Disney. Adults. Who. Wet. Their. Pants. When. A. Vintage. Spaceship. Earth. Cookie. Jar. Is. Announced.

Little Mermaid does just as good a job as Frozen Ever After for the young'uns.
I have no idea what part of my praising the quaint, creaky, blacklight flat-filled Snow White's Scary Adventures makes you think I want every attraction to be "giant" and "groundbreaking", but if that's what you got out of my post I'd encourage you to reread it.

yensidtlaw1969

I understand why they ditched it given the overlap with Mine Train, but I really wish they'd just swapped everything out for Sleeping Beauty. You could easily replace the dwarves' cottage scene with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather failing spectacularly as they prepare for Aurora's birthday; place Maleficent's crow outside the window where the witch currently is; swap the mines for Once Upon a Dream in a forest; show Aurora pricking her finger instead of doing the cauldron transformation; have Maleficent conjure all the powers of hell at the next witch vignette; put Phillip atop the cliffs fighting dragon-Maleficent; and keep the kiss scene with the brambles transforming into roses. Bonus points if the "goodbye figures" at the end could somehow be a dancing Aurora and Phillip with color-changing dress.
I agree - especially since Aurora lost what would have been her representation when New Fantasyland decided to return to the plan to build Mine Train.

The Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough at Disneyland shows how much potential there is in translating that movie to Blacklight scenery, I would have loved to see WDW reskin the Snow White's Scary Adventures infrastructure into a Sleeping Beauty darkride.

1661037490660.png

Animaniac93-98

I agree - especially since Aurora lost what would have been her representation when New Fantasyland decided to return to the plan to build Mine Train.

The Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough at Disneyland shows how much potential there is in translating that movie to Blacklight scenery, I would have loved to see WDW reskin the Snow White's Scary Adventures infrastructure into a Sleeping Beauty darkride.

View attachment 661872

I love the castle walkthrough, and make a point of seeing it whenever I'm at Disneyland.

I went on Casey Jr several times (day and night) during that trip as well. Mr. Lincoln, Alice in Wonderland, Roger Rabbit, etc. These smaller attractions make up a large part of why I like visiting that specific park and the absence of equivalent experiences in MK is very much noticed.

Jrb1979

That’s the way it used to be…but the internet and digital speed media has killed everything 🤪

Possible…but I doubt it. Bob is “not too veiled” been saying they can make money out of nothing…and he has alot of skin In that game
Other parks have no issue with announcing things after they have shovels in the ground. They have to deal with the internets too.

Now as far as cost it has never made sense why they cost so much. I get there is theming involved and warehouses but there is no way a rise like Guardians should cost 18 times more than a B&M coaster.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Other parks have no issue with announcing things after they have shovels in the ground. They have to deal with the internets too.

Now as far as cost it has never made sense why they cost so much. I get there is theming involved and warehouses but there is no way a rise like Guardians should cost 18 times more than a B&M coaster.
You’re doing that “thing” where you compare the Orlando market to Sandusky Ohio Again…aren’t you?🤪

Jrb1979

You’re doing that “thing” where you compare the Orlando market to Sandusky Ohio Again…aren’t you?🤪
Not at all. I am just trying to understand where to money goes to and why they spend so much go build new attractions.

As far as announcing new attractions before the planning stages I don't see how that has anything to with with the internets. Universal is in the same market and are building a brand new park. They haven't really said much about it other then Mario. Look at Velicoaster, It was well along in construction when they announced what it exactly was going to be. IMO at D23 only things announced should be things that have shovels in the ground already.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Fair enough!

I don't think Festival of the Lion King is interesting or entertaining; I saw it once and have no desire to go back. So I know what it's like to not enjoy something other people rave about.
Between Lion King and Nemo (at least, the original version...) I'll take world class puppetry and acting over a concert filled with animal noises and the hand jive any day...

seabreezept813

Maybe…but Isn’t it also ironic the 3 rides you pointed out are the “swampiest” rides left?
I think it’s one of those things where sometimes simplicity does the trick, they aren’t trying to be more than what they are.. although it’d be nice if they cleaned them up. 4 year old also loved NRJ, Toy Story Mania, etc. i think Mermaid is just forgettable because it has the exact same ride system as Nemo but tries to act like a big deal ride instead of a pleasant, minor attraction. Nemo is likeable because you don’t expect it to be groundbreaking, just more of a diversion. Little Mermaid in the heart of fantasyland with a castle, much higher expectations.

lazyboy97o

But I wouldn't put Pooh or Snow above Little Mermaid. I think Mermaid is better or equal to those two attractions... The only difference is Pooh and Snow have a more conclusive ending. But they are very rushed.
They are also a fraction of the size. The Little Mermaid is a D Ticket ride with the scope and cost of an E Ticket that people compare favorable to much smaller, far cheaper C Tickets.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom