The “wealthy” is not going to work

Disney Glimpses

I honestly never totally understood the park pass reservation system; but I do think is works to keep staffing to minimum and force folks to go to a park THEY want you to go to on a given day.
It's because staffing is at a minimum but because they are keeping staff at a minimum; involuntary. Once they are "back" (which the goal is by beginning of end of Q1), the final form of park reservations will take shape.

And when I say "involuntary" - they could absolutely increase staffing by increasing wages but they aren't keeping staff low because they want to; they just want them at their price.

Lilofan

It's because staffing is at a minimum but because they are keeping staff at a minimum; involuntary. Once they are "back" (which the goal is by beginning of end of Q1), the final form of park reservations will take shape.

And when I say "involuntary" - they could absolutely increase staffing by increasing wages but they aren't keeping staff low because they want to; they just want them at their price.
Next contract time union can fight for higher wages , negotiate with company for cast and see where that goes. Raises do happen not just the rate that some want it to be.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I very much want to agree with you for the purely selfish reason that I would want it to be like it was before the pandemic,; with my no blackouts, no park pass reservation, Platinum AP and drop in whenever I want and spend too much money for stuff I don't need and spend too much money for crappy food and liking it! :)

But TWDC apparent does not want that any more :(

2019, Ah, the good old days...
I’m not saying those things will go away…I’m saying like they’re gonna sell, sell, sell with those things

More upsells..Block pricing…more “streams”

Anyone with a name tag that tells you they want less people Is a liar

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

To doubt you here would be silly

Disstevefan1

I’m not saying those things will go away…I’m saying like they’re gonna sell, sell, sell with those things

More upsells..Block pricing…more “streams”

Anyone with a name tag that tells you they want less people Is a liar
I hear you, but I can't get past the real-life situation where there is a person, with cash in hand, CANT get into the Magic Kingdom like today thru August 5th

That person is turned away, cash in hand.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I hear you, but I can't get past the real-life situation where there is a person, with cash in hand, CANT get into the Magic Kingdom like today thru August 5th

That person is turned away, cash in hand.
There’s still a game being played…is my guess…we haven’t gotten to the end yet.

And those people are - frankly - being “punished” for not committing earlier.

It sounds crazy…but true. They’ve wanted guarantees a long way out…not just for years…decades. The plague fell into the lap in their dreams.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I honestly think $200k is the demo Disney is targeting for their moderate and even value resort vacations.
Really? My household isn't at this income level, we have two kids, and (outside of pandemic times) are targeting going to Disney once a year and staying at a Deluxe for a week.

And before anyone asks, we don't carry credit card debt (pay off every month), and our only debt is our mortgage and a loan on year 4 of a 5 year loan on one of our cars. We just choose where we want to spend our money.

Disstevefan1

There’s still a game being played…is my guess…we haven’t gotten to the end yet.

And those people are - frankly - being “punished” for not committing earlier.

It sounds crazy…but true. They’ve wanted guarantees a long way out…not just for years…decades. The plague fell into the lap in their dreams.
I agree about the plague.
Something I would have thought would have killed a theme park but instead, (as we have said many times) allowed Disney to HIT THE RESET and do things they always wanted to do and simply blame it on the plague.

Lilofan

Really? My household isn't at this income level, we have two kids, and (outside of pandemic times) are targeting going to Disney once a year and staying at a Deluxe for a week.

And before anyone asks, we don't carry credit card debt (pay off every month), and our only debt is our mortgage and a loan on year 4 of a 5 year loan on one of our cars. We just choose where we want to spend our money.
You seem not to fall for the trap " keeping up with the Joneses" . That's the downfall of a number of people.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

But that IS the their target demographic.

Disney Glimpses

Most people are not as smart as you appear to be with finances. In fact, I'd argue that most people with $200k of income have less disposable cash than you appear to have (due to said poor decisions and/or cost of living).

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most people are not as smart as you appear to be with finances. In fact, I'd argue that most people with $200k of income have less disposable cash than you appear to have (due to said poor decisions and/or cost of living).
Correct…but it also appears that Mikey is throwing a substantial part of his discretionary cash at 7/365…

Or he’s a trickster and sheltering money in caymans and the irs sees $199,999.99
Every year 😎

Disstevefan1

I think you just disproved this entire thread, “wealthy”-is-not-going-to-work"
Disney does not discriminate against personal income, color, creed, sexual preference or your pronoun.
If you are able to pay and go to Disney one a year for a week staying at a deluxe - DISNEY LOVES YOU!!

@mikejs78 after the car is paid off you should consider DVC :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you just disproved this entire thread, “wealthy”-is-not-going-to-work"
Disney does not discriminate against personal income, color, creed, sexual preference or your pronoun.
If you are able to pay and go to Disney one a year for a week staying at a deluxe - DISNEY LOVES YOU!!

@mikejs78 after the car is paid off you should consider DVC :)
Hell no on DVC…highly overpriced. Especially when the resell market is lining up!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
When you sit down with the DVC person, they tell you how many $$ you save with DVC if you stay at deluxe resorts specifically.
I honestly do not know if you do indeed save money.
That rate has steadily declined over the years. It’s actually fascinating.

They put “save up to ___% on future vacations” on the books at every stand…
It fell hard over time and then they yanked them 10 years ago

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom