News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Andrew M

Is it possible we get the WDWRR open in a couple weeks?

It's definitely possible. They can finish pouring the retaining wall and have the track laid by the end of next week if they wanted to.

I'd say mid-August is probably a little more realistic for getting the remaining track laid, then another week or two of testing, so I wouldn't say Labor Day is unrealistic. It's just a matter of exactly how quickly Disney/the Contractor wants it done.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, July 29, 2022. Tron coaster testing on the track. Observed three coasters go by in about two minutes. Can't see too much of the vehicle from the viewpoint of Storybook Circus.

IMG_3731.JPG

tommyhawkins

Never gonna happen
Labour Day is five weeks away. It's entirely possible we see WDI riding this thing in the next month.

I presented a timeline that stated they could be wrapped up on the ride itself by September into October, nothing I've seen in the past few updates contradicts that. They're just about done with the wall that separated out the Railroad from the entrance plaza. That's been the only thing holding up reopening.

Mr. Moderate

Labour Day is five weeks away. It's entirely possible we see WDI riding this thing in the next month.

I presented a timeline that stated they could be wrapped up on the ride itself by September into October, nothing I've seen in the past few updates contradicts that. They're just about done with the wall that separated out the Railroad from the entrance plaza. That's been the only thing holding up reopening.
If the powers that be in charge at Disney wanted this ride opened by Labor Day, they could have easily got it done sometime ago, but don't care about what the guest wants and I doubt it will be open by then. Disney upper management just doesn't care and the pace of the project clearly reflects that.

We all know that Tron is crawling along purposely due to how money is spent and budgeted and the current greedy mindset that has infected the upper management. It's a disgrace on how long the railroad has been down and I don't expect this ride to be functional and open to the public until around Christmas time, but it may be longer. I still can't get over that WDW complex was built in 18 months and ready for business in October 1971 with the limited technology and equipment by todays standard, in less time than what it has taken Tron so far and that ride still isn't ready.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Tron coaster testing on the track. Observed three coasters go by in about two minutes.

Multi-train testing is a very positive sign! For any stand-alone coaster (i.e. at a Six Flags or Cedar Fair park) this would be more or less the final testing before they go into final inspections and hand-overs of the ride system. Coasters outside of Disney usually go from multi-train testing to opening in a matter of weeks. Seems like they have a bunch more non-coaster related work to do before opening, but wouldn't be surprised to see a blog post about an Imagineer's experience riding this relatively soon (or maybe they just wait until D23 and release some POV shots along with the announced ride opening).

Spash007

With the closing of Light and Power, could that mean an opening date is coming fairly close? Or will Light and Power likely re-open before Troy opens?

strictfoo

With the closing of Light and Power, could that mean an opening date is coming fairly close? Or will Light and Power likely re-open before Troy opens?
I've been wondering about that myself. I'm kind of hoping they're planning on opening it before Tron does, mainly for selfish reasons. It'll be a sort of consolation prize to be able to buy some Tron merch when I'm there later this fall, assuming the ride isn't open by then. Also assuming they have the merch in the store before the ride opens of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom