News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Furiated

Does anyone know how they will handle the demand for the traditional style seats? I imagine people will request it as they are assigned seats but I can see a scenario where a very, very long line forms.

I'm actually wondering about the opposite. Do they direct anyone/random people to the traditional seats, or are they just for people that request them. I want the bike seat 100% of the time. I'd be ed if I waited in line/snagged a boarding group/bought an ILL and was directed to one of the traditional style seats.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the latest pictures and videos around the internet, as planned:

- ALL foundations for ALL the walls (plaza, tunnel, etc..) are done.

Nope..

1658413699707.png

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

I'm actually wondering about the opposite. Do they direct anyone/random people to the traditional seats, or are they just for people that request them. I want the bike seat 100% of the time. I'd be ****ed if I waited in line/snagged a boarding group/bought an ILL and was directed to one of the traditional style seats.
Good question. I'm certain you can decline and they will just find someone behind you to take the regular seat. I think they will be in high demand though.

UNCgolf

They definitely have a smaller customer base than other attractions, though I bet if Rise of the Resistance could serve anywhere close to as many customers as Cosmic Rewind, we would see a very similar situation there. This is the highest-capacity ride built at the parks in my lifetime. Regardless, I guess I misunderstood “moving the needle” to mean more than demand.

It definitely has higher capacity than Rise, which helps, but I think it's actually less than Ratatouille. I don't think we'll see the kind of 3+ hour lines Flight of Passage routinely got either if it does go standby.

It's also admittedly hard to compare VQ to standby, because there are people who will grab a VQ since it means they won't have to wait in line but might balk at waiting even 45 minutes in a standby line. The presence of the VQ also skews the ILL purchase numbers, since there's not much reason to buy an ILL if you know you'll be able to get a free VQ spot unless you just really want to ride twice.

I imagine once they eliminate the VQ, the ILL spots will sell out much faster on Guardians.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

It definitely has higher capacity than Rise, which helps, but I think it's actually less than Ratatouille. I don't think we'll see the kind of 3+ hour lines Flight of Passage routinely got either if it does go standby.

It's also admittedly hard to compare VQ to standby, because there are people who will grab a VQ since it means they won't have to wait in line but might balk at waiting even 45 minutes in a standby line. The presence of the VQ also skews the ILL purchase numbers, since there's not much reason to buy an ILL if you know you'll be able to get a free VQ spot unless you just really want to ride twice.

I imagine once they eliminate the VQ, the ILL spots will sell out much faster on Guardians.
I kind of wonder how being in an area so densely packed with experiences of a similar intensity will impact it. Probably doesn’t have much to do with the current VQ situation, but with Flight of Passage, if it’s full to bursting, it’s a long trek to anything else that might sate your desire for thrill. In the case of World Discovery, you can simultaneously evaluate three thrill options from one courtyard.

Patcheslee

I kind of wonder how being in an area so densely packed with experiences of a similar intensity will impact it. Probably doesn’t have much to do with the current VQ situation, but with Flight of Passage, if it’s full to bursting, it’s a long trek to anything else that might sate your desire for thrill. In the case of World Discovery, you can simultaneously evaluate three thrill options from one courtyard.
Just experience with Kings Island opening Orion, the coaster next to it has had increased popularity, both have the same height requirements. Space Mtn & Tron may have different height requirements, so smaller guests may have an option while taller guests are in line.

TaeFace

I was told by a cast member that worked at the Polynesian….that there are plans to add a roller coaster a year to combat Epic Universe starting with the Guardians at Epcot and Tron would be next in line which would be next year…then 2024 would be a replacement for primerval whirl called the excavator…then 2025 would receive a retheme of Rock and Roller coaster to a Monsters inc Door coaster…and finally in 2026 would be some sort of coaster at Pandora…but he was unsure of the concept…just that it was earmarked…said he saw the plans in plain sight in the break room
While I think those plans are possible (and super cool!) I think it's highly unlikely that an onstage Resort cast member would have seen anything related to imagineering in their break room. They may have heard something through the grapevine. While each park has an on-site imagineering trailer, it's entirely separate from where an onstage cast member would take their breaks. They also drill IP/asset security into our (cast members) heads on a constant basis. An imagineer would never be so careless as to leave that much valuable, unannounced info out in the open. Policy is to keep hard copies in a locked safe unless you're actively using them!

correcaminos

Good question. I'm certain you can decline and they will just find someone behind you to take the regular seat. I think they will be in high demand though.
That's a legit worry of mine. I fear I'll be bombing out on this ride because I won't be able to get a HA seat in a reasonable time frame. I can barely do FoP as it is. This one looks impossible without a traditional seat for me. Hope I'm wrong though.

No Name

My bad, I guess it’s more like 2000 not 2400. Curse whoever was peddling 2400!

Lens source on that revised himself to 2400 THRC.
Dagnabbit!

2400/HR is still possible in the coming weeks.
Barnacles!

TaeFace

In case this isn't a joke...

The 'Excavator' coaster has been rumored for DAK for years and years.

The Monster Inc. Door Coaster rumor is... ridiculous. A "door coaster" is a hanging coaster (like Peter Pan's Flight, but... a coaster). But RnRC is a tracked coaster. It's *impossible* to just retheme RnRC to a 'doors coaster.' But, this was a long time Jim Hill rumor who held onto it for years after our trustworthy insiders told us a Monsters Inc land was on indefinite hold.

The coaster at Pandora was the original E-Ticket that went around the floating mountains. It's too late to add that now.

So... if this is a genuine insider scoop... your source, I'm sorry to say, is 100% unreliable.

Guest-facing CMs generally only know what they read here and the crazy rumors on the Internet. Upper management most certainly does not keep them in the loop as to future plans except maybe for the very area they are assigned (e.g., a CM working in a theater may get notice the theater is closing as part of their reassignment). And blueprints for rides in different parks for several years to come aren't left in the front-facing CMs break rooms.

Oh, one more thing: Disney is beating back guests overcrowding MK. Huge hikes in costs have not deterred the crowds. WDW had to instate a reservation system to lock people out on peak days. So... WDW isn't worried about Epic Universe. Just like WDW had nothing to fear from Universal Studios or from Islands of Adventure.

The coaster at Pandora was the original E-Ticket that went around the floating mountains. It's too late to add that now.
DAK CM here. The excavator coaster was one of the original plans for dinoland, and it's quite possible they could bring it back. Lord knows we need SOMETHING to kick out Dino-Rama. That section was an Eisner band-aid from the start. The stupid carnival games and lack of shade cheapen the entire park. Based on guest popularity, Pandora makes the most sense to expand, especially with the new movie coming out. There's just a parking lot behind the big show building. It would be an easier location than adding a whole land, or even a single attraction between Africa and Pandora. Too many backstage facilities would have to move. Not to mention filling in multiple massive retention ponds.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
DAK CM here. The excavator coaster was one of the original plans for dinoland, and it's quite possible they could bring it back. Lord knows we need SOMETHING to kick out Dino-Rama. That section was an Eisner band-aid from the start. The stupid carnival games and lack of shade cheapen the entire park. Based on guest popularity, Pandora makes the most sense to expand, especially with the new movie coming out. There's just a parking lot behind the big show building. It would be an easier location than adding a whole land, or even a single attraction between Africa and Pandora. Too many backstage facilities would have to move. Not to mention filling in multiple massive retention ponds.
Right. And that's why we've been hearing rumors about it for years and years. Always waiting in the wings, never having its trigger pulled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom