News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1659825131564.png

Fixt that for you, @bio!

RETLAW

Saw this on another site and thought it was appropriate for Tron also. Building a square building and adding a canopy to it does not require a lot of thought. LOL!!!

I was MK the other day and was talking to one of the project managers for Tron, and he said that they are on schedule to open the ride sometime in early 2023.

b0e2e06b-c159-422e-8fca-1e6e70338c91.jpg

MagicRat

Saw this on another site and thought it was appropriate for Tron also. Building a square building and adding a canopy to it does not require a lot of thought. LOL!!!

I was MK the other day and was talking to one of the project managers for Tron, and he said that they are on schedule to open the ride sometime in early 2023.

View attachment 658659
That is so lame, like a person it‘s on the inside that counts. These boxes are not everywhere and you could also see boxes created behind facades back in glory days as well that backed up to parking lots or were visual. Did you ever get a chance to ride the gondola over fantasy land?

Some day I hope they allow some of the ”greats” from this message board and social media to be allowed on a historical society that really makes decisions and thus keeping Walt’s dream alive. No not really,

Incomudro

View attachment 658659
This is why memes are often stupid and misleading.

Disstevefan1

View attachment 658659
I think there is plenty of creative talent. The 4th box in the meme should say, “Where did all the MONEY to allow for creativity go?”

I would have loved to see the creative pitches for what to do with this ride building before it was rejected by the bean counters.

Incomudro

I think there is plenty of creative talent. The 4th box in the meme should say, “Where did all the MONEY to allow for creativity go?”

I would have loved to see the creative pitches for what to do with this ride building before it was rejected by the bean counters.
The meme creator forgot about Rise, Smugglers Run, Flights of Passage, and Navi River.
They conveniently left out that backside of Everest and ToT.
I don't like the way they shoehorned Guardians in, though I love the addition of the ride.
The fact that the show building couldn't be hidden the way show buildings have previously been hidden is bad.
Nonetheless, the meme is silly.

UNCgolf

That is so lame, like a person it‘s on the inside that counts. These boxes are not everywhere and you could also see boxes created behind facades back in glory days as well that backed up to parking lots or were visual. Did you ever get a chance to ride the gondola over fantasy land?

Some day I hope they allow some of the ”greats” from this message board and social media to be allowed on a historical society that really makes decisions and thus keeping Walt’s dream alive. No not really,

That's not true. Disney wouldn't be Disney if Haunted Mansion, Pirates, etc. were all just industrial boxes sitting in front of you with no facade hiding the ride building while you were walking through the park. The theming is a huge part of the appeal (seeing buildings from places other than on the ground inside the park is much less of a concern).

It's not like Disney is doing that with every ride now, or even most rides, but TRON and Guardians are both easily visible inside the park (TRON is not as bad as Guardians, though, partially due to its location). That's not a good trend.

Last edited:

J4546

i dont know how you can hide the gaurdians building its just so big. Adding a themed facade to it would just make it stand out more and burying the showbuilding down 50+ft (esp is florida where the water table is so high) would have cost much much more and was pretty unfeasible from the start. Building a berm and adding trees is a possibilty but those trees are gonna have to be very tall haha. The blue color isnt that bad and blends into the sky well and I hardly notice it after I walk through the entrance, its very obvious from the parking lot of course. Overall, a great headliner addition to a park that didnt have anything close to this level of ride.

UNCgolf

i dont know how you can hide the gaurdians building its just so big. Adding a themed facade to it would just make it stand out more and burying the showbuilding down 50+ft (esp is florida where the water table is so high) would have cost much much more and was pretty unfeasible from the start. Building a berm and adding trees is a possibilty but those trees are gonna have to be very tall haha. The blue color isnt that bad and blends into the sky well and I hardly notice it after I walk through the entrance, its very obvious from the parking lot of course. Overall, a great headliner addition to a park that didnt have anything close to this level of ride.

I agree that it would be hard to hide it because it's so big -- to me, that's just an argument to build something different, though. Something not so huge that they could hide.

Guardians seems fine but it wouldn't even be a top 5 ride at EPCOT in 1992.

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

I don't think you need to hide it - they could have leaned into the Xandarian architecture and done a fun and cool facade. Part of what made Future World unique was all the different pavilion designs

lazyboy97o

Tired excuses are tired. Nothing at all obligated them to build a warehouse, especially when handed nearly half a billion dollars. Legoland New York cost less.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom