Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

seascape

My question is when do we go back to some sort of stay at home suggestion? Does Broadway go fully dark for 6-8 weeks? Do the late night shows drop audiences again? Do the theme parks (gasp) close for a month starting next week?
People who are vaccinated and received their booster do not have a high risk from Covid19 for death or hospitalization. Therefore there is no reason for a lock down of the economy. We finally have to face the facts that while Covid19 is horrible it is only those who dont take the shot are at high risk if they are elderly or have a preexisting condition. We can not afford another year or like 2020 and 2021. The government does not have the money to pay for it and if we tried the 6% inflation would more than double and the poor and middleclass would be worse off. People should decide for themselves and do the right thing.

correcaminos

Sorry to hear that. ☹️ I can understand your friend being angry at the unvaccinated worker, but as you said the Dad also got it, albeit mild. So equally it could have been a vaccinated childcare worker who passed it on. That’s the biggest issue with this IMO, anyone can get it and pass it on. Unless people know they have it and then isolate, they won’t realise they’re spreading it either.

Equally you can be sicker than you’ve ever felt before, but at home and barely able to get out of bed for 3 weeks or more. Yes, you’re not hospitalised but not necessarily what I’d call mild. Your chances of being that sick may be less if double vaccinated and boosted, but that is of very little comfort if it’s you or a loved one who’s sick.
Uh no, the parents did not test positive this time. I stated the first time, this summer, the father had tested positive. So no, not the parents which currently are both negative.

Edit: hence my rant. They know where the spread came from. This is ridiculous that people have to worry about babies due to careless people

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Uh no, the parents did not test positive this time. The summer the father had tested positive. So no, not the parents which currently are both negative.
So I misunderstood that part but in any case I didn’t mean to imply the Dad had passed it on, if that’s what you read then I apologise. In this case I know it wasn’t and you said as much.

My point was simply that equally it could have been someone fully vaccinated who passed it on. It’s happening over here already, that’s why our figures are so bad.

correcaminos

So I misunderstood that part but in any case I didn’t mean to imply the Dad had passed it on, if that’s what you read then I apologise. In this case I know it wasn’t and you said as much.

My point was simply that equally it could have been someone fully vaccinated who passed it on. It’s happening over here already, that’s why our figures are so bad.
My point is in this case unvaccinated are at fault. We'll see if the parents test positive or not even with past exposure and boosters. It's a fact that vaccinated catch less so no, it'd not as likely that vaccinated cause spread.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of people making vaccines unimportant. They are severely important. Friend just literally tested positive after their kid tested positive last week. Only a headache. So far no other vaccinated tested yet. Conversely friend of friend lost dad and all unvaccinated got sick and spread. 3 were apparently hospitalized. This is why it's important. Less spread. Less resources taken.

The baby is sick a 2nd time thanks to unvaccinated. That's it end of story for me.

DCBaker

Premium Member

cdc changing policy.

Here's the full release from the CDC -

Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.34.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-12-27 at 5.34.52 PM.png

hopemax

There is in places, the suggestion of a circuit breaker. Instead of expecting businesses to power through their labor issues, shut most things down for two weeks. It wouldn’t just be to stop the spread but it would be a byproduct. But more to keep things functioning at a level where everyone doesn’t quit because they are overworked. Let the government cover payroll for the 2 weeks.

But we won’t do that.

The Mom

Premium Member
There is in places, the suggestion of a circuit breaker. Instead of expecting businesses to power through their labor issues, shut most things down for two weeks. It wouldn’t just be to stop the spread but it would be a byproduct. But more to keep things functioning at a level where everyone doesn’t quit because they are overworked. Let the government cover payroll for the 2 weeks.

But we won’t do that.
But then we would be back to the 2020 argument - people have got to eat, sick people will need care, etc. Unless we can shut everything down for 2 weeks the virus would still spread - even if everyone followed the rules.

Vegas Disney Fan

But we won’t do that.
By the time it got through our gridlocked political system Omicron will have peaked and cases will be dropping again.

Not to mention most people still won’t stay home, they’ll just end up at Target and Walmart and the grocery stores (and whatever else is allowed to stay open).

It’s one of the things that still makes no sense to me from 2020, we closed everything but “essential” businesses but that just drove everyone to a handful of places rather than spreading them out. Going to Target or Walmart to get groceries was Black Friday crowded for months around here.

Lilofan

By the time it got through our gridlocked political system Omicron will have peaked and cases will be dropping again.

Not to mention most people still won’t stay home, they’ll just end up at Target and Walmart and the grocery stores (and whatever else is allowed to stay open).

It’s one of the things that still makes no sense to me from 2020, we closed everything but “essential” businesses but that just drove everyone to a handful of places rather than spreading them out. Going to Target or Walmart to get groceries was Black Friday crowded for months around here.
How could it be Black Friday crowded? In the supermarkets in my area where I was staying, there were only a certain number of customers allowed in at one time . The staff were counting how many go in , go out, customers including me lined up outside, etc.

correcaminos

How could it be Black Friday crowded? In the supermarkets in my area where I was staying, there were only a certain number of customers allowed in at one time . The staff were counting how many go in , go out, customers including me lined up outside, etc.
Not all places did that. I personally never saw it. But our stores weren't super crowded. I'd wager it was regional or specific to stores even. I don't see a 2 week shut down helping though. Here all it did was delay cases, not stop entirely.

hopemax

But then we would be back to the 2020 argument - people have got to eat, sick people will need care, etc. Unless we can shut everything down for 2 weeks the virus would still spread - even if everyone followed the rules.

Two weeks gives most people enough time to recover from their infection and return to work at nearer to full productivity. It's not an attempt to manage the "frontal" aspect of a wave (just a potential byproduct, if people aren't sick at work transmission can be interrupted). Like how does a community react *during* a flooding, blizzard or hurricane event. Everything open during the brunt of the raging storm? We don't do that. At least all this "we can't shut things down that long" gives me hope that the concept of war will fade away simply because people can't go more than a few days without being able to participate in the normal trappings of life.

Last edited:

Vegas Disney Fan

They were only limiting occupancy for about the first month, for the couple months after that (before they finally reopened everything) it was absolute madness in the few stores that were allowed to open.

Bastet

I had covid just before christmas, i'm assuming it was omicron. For me, it was comparable to a bad cold/mild flu, no loss of taste/smell, lasted about 4-5 days.
I'm double vaxxed but not had booster yet, have had to rebook as I cant have it within 28 days of a positive test. (NHS guidelines in UK)

jlhwdw

I know everyone laughs at me, but I still think an extremely strict 21-28 day "you will be arrested if you so much as think about leaving your personal property" lockdown all but eradicates this.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Follow the cases. They started in Wuhan China. From there it went to m
Milan Italy and fron their to New York City. Why? Wuhan has manufacturing plants for the Italian Fashion Industry and then to NYC. Where did the cases in Florida start? Palm Beach and Miami Dade Counties. What does that have to do with New York? New Yorkers have homes in both areas and it happened just after Mayor DeBlasio threatened to close down NYC and keep people from coming or going. So yes, the cases if Florida originally came from other states and specifically New York. These are the facts of the Covid19 movement around the world.
There is zero evidence for that theory.

FL state borders were 'shut' as COVID was already community-spreading in FL.

Also... NYC is just as big tourist draw as is FL. Can NYC blame Floridians coming to visit and catch a Broadway show for its initial spike?

Also... besides the mobility of the American middle class to casually visit and vacation around the country and world, there is a *huge* infrastructure of business and commerce that is regularly crossing political boundaries. Truck drivers, conventions, business meetings, freight, etc.... Even if tourism was immediately shut down, the business/commerce cycles make the planet without boundaries.

Oh, and you have no evidence for your theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom