News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heelz2315

Looks like the Orange Co state of emergency is set to expire tomorrow after multiple extensions.

"UPDATE: The State of Emergency has been repeatedly extended over the past several weeks. As of the moment, the State of Emergency has been extended through October 13th. Stay tuned for more updates."

Last edited:

Purduevian

Disney will remove the indoor mask mandate when it is deemed profitable. Keep in mind profitability is not only based on quarterly financial reports. There are less concrete forms of profitability that include things like public perception, risk aversion, and CM availability, ect. The last thing disney wants is headlines stating that Disney is unsafe, or had an outbreak.

Tom P.

Yes, the vaccine is free. This is a good thing. But kind of irrelevant if you don't know it's free. Or you don't live in a city. Or you can't take time off work to get the vaccine.

People like you and me have access to the vaccine. Being able to trip over yourself and get vaccinated is what it means to have access to the vaccine. It's not remarkable that you would think it's easy to get the vaccine. That's the access problem
There is no access problem. None. There is not one person in the United States who has not gotten the vaccine due to lack of access. There are many reasons people are not getting the vaccine, but that is not one of them. That is an excuse being tossed around to paper over our inability to get people to choose to be vaccinated. But the problem is not one of access, it is one of lack of desire.

Trauma

Looks like the Orange Co state of emergency is set to expire tomorrow after multiple extensions.

"UPDATE: The State of Emergency has been repeatedly extended over the past several weeks. As of the moment, the State of Emergency has been extended through October 13th. Stay tuned for more updates."
Well I would say that no longer being in a state of emergency would be a positive step towards being able to relax the masking guidelines.

So good news!

DCBaker

Premium Member

It was extended yesterday for another 7 days (as has been the case).

Trauma

Been watching this thread SO SURE that there would be an annoucement before my trip in NOvember that masks were optional. Seriously doubting that will happen :( . Oh well....
Well if your trip is near the end of November, I would say you have hope.

Im sure they know how much it’s hurting business and looking forward to the first opportunity they have to drop the requirement.

disneygeek90

Well if your trip is near the end of November, I would say you have hope.

Im sure they know how much it’s hurting business and looking forward to the first opportunity they have to drop the requirement.
How exactly is requiring people to wear masks indoors hurting business? For every person whining about the rule there’s one person that’s there because of it.
EB1F624D-8A78-4651-A3DA-5421F43AEE67.jpeg

Trauma

How exactly is requiring people to wear masks indoors hurting business? For every person whining about the rule there’s one person that’s there because of it.
View attachment 593464
One quick look at my touring plans app shows those wait times are not even close to real.

Don’t confuse Disneys grossly overinflated wait times with the parks being busy.

disneygeek90

One quick look at my touring plans app shows those wait times are not even close to real.

Don’t confuse Disneys grossly overinflated wait times with the parks being busy.
Didn't someone post how hell-ish MK was like two days ago?

I understand it's not the busiest the parks have ever been but there's a lot of factors that are more likely to be actually covid/travel related than having anything to do with wearing a mask while riding Space Mountain.

Chi84

Premium Member
Could be. But I'm not convinced. The people who tend to be extremely pro-mask also tend to be the people who are still uncomfortable in large crowds, particularly large crowds with no gatekeeping around vaccination status.
I agree with this. I didn't get the feeling when we went in May that the people there were particularly worried about COVID or happy about the mask requirement. The people here are a different story. I'm sure there are some who are happy that WDW is requiring masks, but I doubt it's one-for-one.

disneygeek90

Could be. But I'm not convinced. The people who tend to be extremely pro-mask also tend to be the people who are still uncomfortable in large crowds, particularly large crowds with no gatekeeping around vaccination status.
There's also a good amount of people (and probably a majority) like me that aren't all that bothered by it and understand it's a reasonable request.

Texas84

Been watching this thread SO SURE that there would be an annoucement before my trip in NOvember that masks were optional. Seriously doubting that will happen :( . Oh well....
The runDisney races start up again November 5th so I'm hoping they drop the requirements by then. If not they may have to provide masks for the start/finish buses.

Trauma

Didn't someone post how hell-ish MK was like two days ago?

I understand it's not the busiest the parks have ever been but there's a lot of factors that are more likely to be actually covid/travel related than having anything to do with wearing a mask while riding Space Mountain.
You mean the person who said they are not comfortable in crowds so they went to Disney World?

Ok!

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This! I am not delaying my Disney trip because I have to wear a mask, I am delaying it because conditions are such that they want people to wear masks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom