1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by rodserling27, Apr 13, 2012.

1. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

A.The new voice is terrible. No emotion. As others have said, it sounds like a GPS, not a real person.

B.The Avengers monorail going past the Grand Floridian looks absolutely horrendous. Literally, embarrassing.

2. StAug WDW fan

StAug WDW fan New Member

Monorail voice

They didn't get rid of the por favor mantagengase Alejandro de las puertas voice did they???

3. captainkidd

captainkidd Well-Known Member

No. That's one thing I think as dumb as Disney is with these decisions, they know there would be an absolute uproar over. I think they realized the popularity of this when they started printing t-shirts.

4. WDWBryan

WDWBryan Well-Known Member

There are t-shirts with that on it?

5. StAug WDW fan

StAug WDW fan New Member

Shirts

Shirts,bumbler stickers,magnets,ringtones,wall clock,cooking aprons,pillows,mousepads,decorative tile,coffe cup..... You get the idea:ROFLOL:

6. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

question - is "please stand clear of the doors" spoken by Jack Wagner?

7. aladdin2007

aladdin2007 Well-Known Member

Yes, its still intact. oh and yes that is spoken by Jack Wagner

8. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

9. PeoplemoverTTA

PeoplemoverTTA Well-Known Member

I was really surprised to hear the new narration on the resort monorail last Saturday, and again on the express monorail on Sunday. I hadn't read anything about it here before I left for my trip, so I had no clue :ROFLOL:!

I don't usually have a problem with new narrations (the new TTA narration is fine, and I really don't have a problem with Judi Dench, either), but as others have stated, this one sounds so blasé. It definitely sounds like a GPS and not a real person!

I listen to WDW tracks all the time, including the most recent monorail spiels, the 25th anniversary, and the original - I like all 3. This one was really weird. I kept telling my aunt that it sounded creepy! Not quite the George Constanza sound-alike reading "Risk Management," but still pretty creepy :lol:

10. docandsix

docandsix Active Member

Boo

Another idiotic decision by TDO. Was MT Carney working the theme park division on the side? It's remarkable how many idiotic decisions are coming out of Orlando these days. And to think some people (not many, but even a few is surprising) are excited about the $1,000,000,000 being spent on NextGen.

11. jt04

jt04 Well-Known Member

The decision to spend that kind of money on NextGen was almost definitely not made by TDO. No way, no how.

And I also believe Disney can and will make every penny back by marketing and selling the technology to others. Including governments. :lookaroun

~beta test~ :cool:

12. Figments Friend

Figments Friend Well-Known Member

YES! I was bummed when it was finally changed after all these years.

I LOVED that retro sounding spiel on the MCO shuttle to the main airport complex.
    When Jack would say "Wether on business, or visting for pleasure, WELCOME to Central Florida! " i will admit it gave me a inner buzz. It was then, and only then, i knew i was BACK in Florida and about to begin another fun adventure.
    Yep....it happened then. Not when actually booking a trip, not when leaving home for the airport, not even when flying in the plane, and not even when landing at MCO.
    Nope...it was when i was on that shuttle and hearing Jack say those words. Then i knew i was back home...officially.

Funny how the little things like a few recorded words spewing from a automated recording can make such a difference.

Yeah, i know....i am a geek.....

:lol:

13. warlord

warlord Well-Known Member

I think he sounded fine when he did that.. why so awkward?

14. Silver Figment

Silver Figment Active Member

I'm gonna miss the old narration. :(

15. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

times change bro

16. Tigger1988

Tigger1988 Well-Known Member

It's amazing the type of overreactions that come out of people. It's a voice over, you'll get used to it.

17. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Well-Known Member

Heard it for the first time today on the monorail, and I was presently surprised. I thought I would hate it but it was incredibly soothing and had a more 80s/90s feel to it. I like it.

~ FD

18. wdwmagic

wdwmagic Administrator Moderator

I like it. It sounds very "monoraily" to me, almost like it is the monorail talking to you LOL.

19. MaryJaneP

MaryJaneP Well-Known Member

Others are also reporting they are pleasantly surprised. I guess only time will tell.

20. Knothead

Knothead Well-Known Member

I heard it today for the first time. Wasn't bad at all.