New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
Is anyone even sure that it is a human doing this VO? You guys may be joking about it sounding like a GPS, but this very well may be a computer generated voice. (Cheaper and faster to make new spiels).

Also if you want to still hear Matt Hanson, simply call DVC at 1800-800-9800

Rasvar

Jack Wagner is always my favorite Voice of Disney. I have to admit that one of my favorite Jack Wagner pieces I have is a not-so-Disney recitation of an old George Carlin piece on the use of the word [not acceptable for use here].

The new narration is a little more calm. It kind of has the same cadence of the Disneyland monorail narration but it does not appear to be the same voice.

rodserling27

Original Poster
There was just something so ...perfect...about Jack Wagner's voice. Whether it was his introduction for shows and parades or his narrations on the monorails, it always seemed to fit.

By the way, for anyone who doesn't know, Jack Wagner's voice can still be heard in the MK! He is the one that does the synthesized "vocoder" voice at the start of the current Main Street Electrical Parade...yes, even with the new music!

anyone have a link to a Jack Wagner and Matt Hanson spiel?

Here you go:
Jack Wagner 1972 Spiel: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fryzub

Matt Hanson 1998 Spiel: http://www.sendspace.com/file/l1h7r8

Edit: And here's the one that was just replaced (2010 version) http://www.sendspace.com/file/2ksm0w

(all are TTC To MK)

Tom Morrow

Hmm, interesting. Thanks! I don't know if I've ever actually heard a Jack Wagner spiel. Or at least a clear recording. Matt Hanson's voice is the one I associate with "classic" WDW, but that's probably because my first visit was in 1994.

The Empress Lilly

What the...?

Why, you're right! Wow, what difference a voice and intonation can make. From just listening to the new narration I would've sworn the new one is less wordy, with longer pauses, less text. I guess that's what a more subdued, less 'sales pitch' voice does to you.

Hmmm...maybe second hand car salesmen dont really talk all that much either, maybe one just thinks they do...

The Empress Lilly

Just rode the Epcot and Resort monorails today, I could hardly hear the narration at times but it sounded alright to me.

My 1st post.:wave:
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

I too think the new narration is alright-ish. Although I've only heard it on YouTube yet.
One person's 'unenthusiatic voice' is another one's 'less game show prize announcer voice'.

draybook

I wish we could have experienced the spiel. We went to take the monorail from TTC to Epcot in March but all of the monorails were down so we had to take a bus over there. Then on the way back we were too busy being squished against the sides of the cabin as they literally packed us in like sardines, which I can't believe could be safe to do.

SirNim

The new voice is absolutely reminiscent of the v/o narration on the old EPCOT Center promotional videos dating back to the early 80s. Even the guy's accent (assuming it is an actual voice actor and not really advanced synthesized hawkingesque technology) has an 80s vibe. Awesome! :lol:

ttalovebug

^ I agree. I actually really like how retro this narration sounds. I found the previous voice a little too "magical DisneyParks".

But, I must say the Morgan Freeman idea is the best.That would be AWESOME.

Captain Neo

I would say it's sounds okay...But, It would have been awesome to hear Corey Burton do the Monorail Spiel. He makes it sound much more exciting and pleasant..Shown here on the Disneyland Trams.
[youtube]veXKvFvl7zM[/youtube]

And if your wondering who the voice of WDW Is/Was his name is Joe Hursh..You can even email him too..Here's his site..http://www.joehursh.com/

Corey is Disneyland exclusive yo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom