New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

The Empress Lilly

Text:
I prefer the new text.

Voice:
I think the voice itself is a bit weak. Unobtrusive, which is a plus, but lacking in character and true pleasantness of voice.

Obviously, Jack Wagner was the best. And the woman with the freak voice in the Seas film. And Vic Perrin.

From what I have heard here I like it but I will check it out in person beginning next Saturday. Ok I just wanted to say that because I am excited to be going to WDW again. 7 days til POR and BLT!
God I love to say stuff like that around here. Or at the office. Or to random strangers on the street. :lol:

Cmdr_Crimson

I think the voice itself is a bit weak. Unobtrusive, which is a plus, but lacking in character and true pleasantness of voice.

Obviously, Jack Wagner was the best. And the woman with the freak voice in the Seas film. And Vic Perrin.

I would say it's sounds okay...But, It would have been awesome to hear Corey Burton do the Monorail Spiel. He makes it sound much more exciting and pleasant..Shown here on the Disneyland Trams.
[youtube]veXKvFvl7zM[/youtube]

And if your wondering who the voice of WDW Is/Was his name is Joe Hursh..You can even email him too..Here's his site..http://www.joehursh.com/

aladdin2007

Joe Hursh really grew on me will kinda miss it. I think the best one though was the guy before him. Will get to liking this new one too eventually Im sure. Hopefully some MK line clips will appear online soon.

Tom

Beta Return
I don't know why they wouldn't have just hired Joe to voice the new scripts. Why re-write the script AND get a completely new voice? Maybe Disney uses a bidding process for VO work.

I've hired Joe to do VO recordings for me, and I think he's great. He has a powerful voice and actually uses inflection and inserts emotion.

This new guy sounds like a robot. About as bad as the new TTA voice. Disney is a place of magic and excitement, so why write a script that sounds like a news reel and have it read by someone from CSPAN? BORING!

I hope Joe at least sticks around for the buses.

Pioneer Hall

I don't know why they wouldn't have just hired Joe to voice the new scripts. Why re-write the script AND get a completely new voice? Maybe Disney uses a bidding process for VO work.

I've hired Joe to do VO recordings for me, and I think he's great. He has a powerful voice and actually uses inflection and inserts emotion.

This new guy sounds like a robot. About as bad as the new TTA voice. Disney is a place of magic and excitement, so why write a script that sounds like a news reel and have it read by someone from CSPAN? BORING!

I hope Joe at least sticks around for the buses.

My guess is that it was some sort of contract issue. There must have been some reason they changed the spiels and perhaps there was some sort of money or timing issue with Joe.

Chrim

Did one of those prior voices also do the announcements that you hear on the trains at Orlando International Airport?

Jack Wagner, the original voice of the WDW monorail (and Disney parks in general) also did a spiel for the Orlando airport trains. I remember hearing that in the 1990's and 2000's. His recording was replace a couple years ago, sadly.

Call it geeky, but I was amused at the subtle difference in script.

WDW: "Please stand clear of the doors..."

Orlando airport, if I recall correctly: "Please stand clear of doors and hold on to handrails as this train..."

The WDW version has an extra "the" that went missing in the airport version.

Chrim

Personally, I think the new script is better as it seems more simple and less of a sales pitch. Granted, it is going to need to change again soon, anyway (the reference to riding Test Track made me chuckle as that attraction will soon be closed for renovation for our future enjoyment).

Still the new voice is just too bland and unemotional. The only time he sounded other than bored was when talking about Bill Nye the Science Guy. In general, the new voice seems much better suited for a weatherman at a TV station in the mid-western USA. Hmmm, maybe that means Bob Iger picked him. :animwink::fork:

Tom

Beta Return
Personally, I think the new script is better as it seems more simple and less of a sales pitch. Granted, it is going to need to change again soon, anyway (the reference to riding Test Track made me chuckle as that attraction will soon be closed for renovation for our future enjoyment).

Still the new voice is just too bland and unemotional. The only time he sounded other than bored was when talking about Bill Nye the Science Guy. In general, the new voice seems much better suited for a weatherman at a TV station in the mid-western USA. Hmmm, maybe that means Bob Iger picked him. :animwink::fork:

Hey now! Our TV weathermen here in Indy aren't too bad - they actually have personalities :)

The new monorail narrator does not.

IanDLBZF

Yeah, I liked the fact they changed the script.:sohappy: But I'd wish they used the "Voice of Metro", aka. Randi Miller, instead. I am, on the other hand, somewhat okay with the new voice.

JeffH

Voices

Hope we're not talking about the guy who does the announcements for the park (and some of the voicework I think)...This guy used to lead the Voices of Liberty at Epcot for many years (late 90s-late 00s) and has since been singing with the barbershop quartet on Main Street...Big guy, deep voice...real nice guy with a great smile.
It was great to know the guy who did the announcements, so that I could put a face to a voice.

Tom

Beta Return
Hope we're not talking about the guy who does the announcements for the park (and some of the voicework I think)...This guy used to lead the Voices of Liberty at Epcot for many years (late 90s-late 00s) and has since been singing with the barbershop quartet on Main Street...Big guy, deep voice...real nice guy with a great smile.
It was great to know the guy who did the announcements, so that I could put a face to a voice.

I believe the person you're talking about is Matt Hanson. I THINK. I may be wrong.

Joe Hursh is currently just transportation. He's on all the buses, and was (until recently) the voice on all the monorails. He doesn't work for Disney. He's just a voiceover artist that Disney hired.

I did enjoy the monorail voice that was immediately before Joe. Not sure if it's Matt, or the Voice of Liberty guy (or both, if that's the same person). Whoever that was also answers the phone at Disney Cruise Line.

Tom Morrow

1. I think some posters are assuming the previous voice was the original voice, but he was the third monorail voice.

2. I still don't understand the "no emotion" complaints. His voice sounds pleasant, and it doesn't sound like a sales pitch like before.

Thunder Kz

2. I still don't understand the "no emotion" complaints. His voice sounds pleasant, and it doesn't sound like a sales pitch like before.

Yes, I think the guy's voice is great, but this particular recording really is boring imo. It is nice not being "yelled" at, but this seems too far the other way, for me anyway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom