New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

GrumpyFan

Recently while I was at WDW, I noticed they have started using a new narrator on some of the bus spiels, particularly Art of Animation, but also on the Epcot monorail line. The new narrator's voice, in my opinion, doesn't quite do the job as well as the old. His voice isn't as crisp or as loud and we had trouble hearing what was being said frequently.

Has anybody else noticed this, or was it just me?

TylerFG

Recently while I was at WDW, I noticed they have started using a new narrator on some of the bus spiels, particularly Art of Animation, but also on the Epcot monorail line. The new narrator's voice, in my opinion, doesn't quite do the job as well as the old. His voice isn't as crisp or as loud and we had trouble hearing what was being said frequently.

Has anybody else noticed this, or was it just me?

Nah, all the bus loops were still Hursch narrated when I was there.

Tom

Beta Return
Art of Animation Buses and all Monorails feature the new narrator.

It's fairly likely that any new transportation narrations generated from here forward (until further notice) will be the new "guy" (or robot, whatever it is). I'll miss Joe. He made the narrations entertaining, much unlike this new thing.

Cmdr_Crimson

For some who may not know who the voice of the Monorail is..It is Voice Actor Tom Kane. His voice is familiar to many...
Yoda in Clone Wars
Prof Utonium & HIM in Powerpuff Girls
Mr. Herriman in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Monkeyfist from Kim Possible
Warden Quincy Sharp & Com Gordon in Arkham Asylum & City.

Tom

Beta Return
Agreed. I don't understand how people can be excited to be on a bus.

People are excited to be at Disney World. Joe's voice is booming and powerful and he uses voice inflection to convey emotions or excitement. So, we've now gone from getting to listen to something Disney-esque on their transportation to something similar to, say, listening to an announcement being made in a WalMart, or the voice that tells you what floor you're on in an elevator.

I've heard both Joe (of course, for years) and the new guy, and if there were any way to make the bus ride or monorail ride LESS magical, they've found it.

For some who may not know who the voice of the Monorail is..It is Voice Actor Tom Kane. His voice is familiar to many...
Yoda in Clone Wars
Prof Utonium & HIM in Powerpuff Girls
Mr. Herriman in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
Monkeyfist from Kim Possible
Warden Quincy Sharp & Com Gordon in Arkham Asylum & City.

Interesting. So he IS capable of making his voice have personality and character, but yet he chose "GPS Robot 1" as his voice for the monorails.

Tom Morrow

Ok so its been a while, and as of today, some monorail trains have the new narration and some still have the old narration. What gives?

TheDisneyMagic

I would still love a return of the Matt Henson spiel, so much character in the delivery of that version. I am sure I heard he still works for Disney.

Mrs.Toad

No!!! I like the old voice.

So nostalgic for me and brings up every Disney memory I have. It gets you jazzed to and is like the pre-pump up to starting your entry into the parks.

Two weeks of bad news. First Sid's and now this...

Tom

Beta Return
No!!! I like the old voice.

So nostalgic for me and brings up every Disney memory I have. It gets you jazzed to and is like the pre-pump up to starting your entry into the parks.

Two weeks of bad news. First Sid's and now this...

Are you just now seeing this thread, and replying to the original topic....or to something said in the more recent posts in this bumped thread?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom