1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by rodserling27, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

The previous guy sounded phony and too enthusiastic. Like he was trying to sell me on the "magic". I think he was the same guy they used to do all the DVD commercials so when i think of his voice I think of the guy trying to sell me Bambi 3:Lost in new york and Jungle Book 1 1/2
  2. monothingie

monothingie Broken Beyond Repair Premium Member

When I first heard it, I knew I had heard a similar voice before, and then after listening to it again it hit me. The spiel VO sounds just like the robots from the iRobot movie. Just hope the monorail doesn't go crazy like they did in the movie. I don't think iRobot was Disney though.
  3. Rasvar

Rasvar Well-Known Member

It seems a little more clear after listening to the resort spiel. It has to be computer generated. Voice cadence is too perfect. Pitch remains too perfect. When the word "Spa" is the last word, the "ah" is always over exaggerated. There is zero tonal variation. I think the biggest problem is that it actually has to fast of cadence. It needs to be slowed slightly and it may not seem as computer generated.
  4. GrumpyFan

GrumpyFan Well-Known Member

Recently while I was at WDW, I noticed they have started using a new narrator on some of the bus spiels, particularly Art of Animation, but also on the Epcot monorail line. The new narrator's voice, in my opinion, doesn't quite do the job as well as the old. His voice isn't as crisp or as loud and we had trouble hearing what was being said frequently.

Has anybody else noticed this, or was it just me?
  5. maryszhi

maryszhi Well-Known Member

agreed i miss the old narrator.......
  6. TylerFG

TylerFG Active Member

Nah, all the bus loops were still Hursch narrated when I was there.
  7. Thrill Seeker

Thrill Seeker Well-Known Member

Art of Animation Buses and all Monorails feature the new narrator.
  8. twinnstar

twinnstar Active Member

as long as Jack Wagner still says "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas" - i'll live.

:)
  9. Tom

Tom About Tree Fiddy Premium Member

It's fairly likely that any new transportation narrations generated from here forward (until further notice) will be the new "guy" (or robot, whatever it is). I'll miss Joe. He made the narrations entertaining, much unlike this new thing.
  10. Figment2005

Figment2005 Well-Known Member

As far as I can tell, at least from the recordings I have heard, he still says his famous line.
  11. AndyMagic

AndyMagic Well-Known Member

Agreed! This works fine and I'm not a fan of overly enthusiastic spiels on modes of transportation. It just sounds ridiculous.
    Tom Morrow likes this.
  12. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Well-Known Member

Agreed. I don't understand how people can be excited to be on a bus.
  13. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

For some who may not know who the voice of the Monorail is..It is Voice Actor Tom Kane. His voice is familiar to many...
    Yoda in Clone Wars
    Prof Utonium & HIM in Powerpuff Girls
    Mr. Herriman in Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends
    Monkeyfist from Kim Possible
    Warden Quincy Sharp & Com Gordon in Arkham Asylum & City.
  14. Tom

People are excited to be at Disney World. Joe's voice is booming and powerful and he uses voice inflection to convey emotions or excitement. So, we've now gone from getting to listen to something Disney-esque on their transportation to something similar to, say, listening to an announcement being made in a WalMart, or the voice that tells you what floor you're on in an elevator.

I've heard both Joe (of course, for years) and the new guy, and if there were any way to make the bus ride or monorail ride LESS magical, they've found it.

Interesting. So he IS capable of making his voice have personality and character, but yet he chose "GPS Robot 1" as his voice for the monorails.
  15. Tom Morrow

Tom Morrow Well-Known Member

Ok so its been a while, and as of today, some monorail trains have the new narration and some still have the old narration. What gives?
  16. TheDisneyMagic

TheDisneyMagic Well-Known Member

I would still love a return of the Matt Henson spiel, so much character in the delivery of that version. I am sure I heard he still works for Disney.
  17. Mrs.Toad

Mrs.Toad Well-Known Member

No!!! I like the old voice.

So nostalgic for me and brings up every Disney memory I have. It gets you jazzed to and is like the pre-pump up to starting your entry into the parks.

Two weeks of bad news. First Sid's and now this...
  18. Tom

Are you just now seeing this thread, and replying to the original topic....or to something said in the more recent posts in this bumped thread?