New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

bgraham34

I am surprised so many people actually like the new voice. It definitely sounds robotic to me and lacks any sort of emotion. Too bland for sure. To me its like ordering a bacon cheeseburger but only getting the bun.

hpyhnt 1000

Brilliant job on who ever was in charge of editing/continuity. The new Express spiel correctly states that the MK has six themed lands, but the Resort spiel still says seven. :brick:

Overall, the new voice is growing on me, but would it have killed them to have double-checked the information first? I also wish they would have restored some kind of description for the Contemporary and Grand Floridian Resorts. And I think the "Magic Your Way" spiel is in an odd spot. It seems to me that it would have been better to have put it right after you leave the MK.

Kev1417

This doesn't even sound friendly as the old spiel did. Instead of making it exciting to be riding the monorail it feels like someone is just going through the motions. Big MINUS on this change!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Brilliant job on who ever was in charge of editing/continuity. The new Express spiel correctly states that the MK has six themed lands, but the Resort spiel still says seven. :brick:

Overall, the new voice is growing on me, but would it have killed them to have double-checked the information first? I also wish they would have restored some kind of description for the Contemporary and Grand Floridian Resorts. And I think the "Magic Your Way" spiel is in an odd spot. It seems to me that it would have been better to have put it right after you leave the MK.

That part on the Express beam sounds to me like sixteen! LOL. I had listen a few times to get it straight that it was 6 themed lands.

rodserling27

Original Poster

Excellent points! Especially on the "Magic Your way" spiel, it feels VERY out of place.

c-one

Thanks for today's laugh! :ROFLOL:

I just listened to the resort beam spiel and it sounds almost too perfectly voiced.

See, I thought the old one sounded too perfect... No one is THAT enthusiastic, the way the old guy was. No one I could stand to be around, anyway.

plaidboy

Somebody in TDO probably got tired of turning on the radio every day and hearing their "Voice of the Monorail" hawking everything from used cars to appliance repair. There was no exclusivity. Locals are just as likely to identify Joe Hursh as the voice of Del-Air commercials as they are the voice of Disney.

DonaldDoleWhip

I literally cracked up at the placement of the Magic Your Way promotion on the express loop. :ROFLOL:

Not a huge fan of the new voice, but at least it's more calming than the previous narration.

captainkidd

A.The new voice is terrible. No emotion. As others have said, it sounds like a GPS, not a real person.

B.The Avengers monorail going past the Grand Floridian looks absolutely horrendous. Literally, embarrassing.

captainkidd

They didn't get rid of the por favor mantagengase Alejandro de las puertas voice did they???

No. That's one thing I think as dumb as Disney is with these decisions, they know there would be an absolute uproar over. I think they realized the popularity of this when they started printing t-shirts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom