New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

PeoplemoverTTA

I was really surprised to hear the new narration on the resort monorail last Saturday, and again on the express monorail on Sunday. I hadn't read anything about it here before I left for my trip, so I had no clue :ROFLOL:!

I don't usually have a problem with new narrations (the new TTA narration is fine, and I really don't have a problem with Judi Dench, either), but as others have stated, this one sounds so blasé. It definitely sounds like a GPS and not a real person!

I listen to WDW tracks all the time, including the most recent monorail spiels, the 25th anniversary, and the original - I like all 3. This one was really weird. I kept telling my aunt that it sounded creepy! Not quite the George Constanza sound-alike reading "Risk Management," but still pretty creepy :lol:

docandsix

Boo

Another idiotic decision by TDO. Was MT Carney working the theme park division on the side? It's remarkable how many idiotic decisions are coming out of Orlando these days. And to think some people (not many, but even a few is surprising) are excited about the $1,000,000,000 being spent on NextGen.

jt04

Another idiotic decision by TDO. Was MT Carney working the theme park division on the side? It's remarkable how many idiotic decisions are coming out of Orlando these days. And to think some people (not many, but even a few is surprising) are excited about the $1,000,000,000 being spent on NextGen.

The decision to spend that kind of money on NextGen was almost definitely not made by TDO. No way, no how.

And I also believe Disney can and will make every penny back by marketing and selling the technology to others. Including governments. :lookaroun

~beta test~ :cool:

Figments Friend

Jack Wagner, the original voice of the WDW monorail (and Disney parks in general) also did a spiel for the Orlando airport trains. I remember hearing that in the 1990's and 2000's. His recording was replace a couple years ago, sadly.

Call it geeky, but I was amused at the subtle difference in script.

WDW: "Please stand clear of the doors..."

Orlando airport, if I recall correctly: "Please stand clear of doors and hold on to handrails as this train..."

The WDW version has an extra "the" that went missing in the airport version.

YES! I was bummed when it was finally changed after all these years.

I LOVED that retro sounding spiel on the MCO shuttle to the main airport complex.
When Jack would say "Wether on business, or visting for pleasure, WELCOME to Central Florida! " i will admit it gave me a inner buzz. It was then, and only then, i knew i was BACK in Florida and about to begin another fun adventure.
Yep....it happened then. Not when actually booking a trip, not when leaving home for the airport, not even when flying in the plane, and not even when landing at MCO.
Nope...it was when i was on that shuttle and hearing Jack say those words. Then i knew i was back home...officially.

Funny how the little things like a few recorded words spewing from a automated recording can make such a difference.

Yeah, i know....i am a geek.....

:lol:

invader

Heard it for the first time today on the monorail, and I was presently surprised. I thought I would hate it but it was incredibly soothing and had a more 80s/90s feel to it. I like it.

~ FD

Captain Neo

The previous guy sounded phony and too enthusiastic. Like he was trying to sell me on the "magic". I think he was the same guy they used to do all the DVD commercials so when i think of his voice I think of the guy trying to sell me Bambi 3:Lost in new york and Jungle Book 1 1/2

monothingie

I ❤️ Bob
Premium Member
When I first heard it, I knew I had heard a similar voice before, and then after listening to it again it hit me. The spiel VO sounds just like the robots from the iRobot movie. Just hope the monorail doesn't go crazy like they did in the movie. I don't think iRobot was Disney though.

Rasvar

It seems a little more clear after listening to the resort spiel. It has to be computer generated. Voice cadence is too perfect. Pitch remains too perfect. When the word "Spa" is the last word, the "ah" is always over exaggerated. There is zero tonal variation. I think the biggest problem is that it actually has to fast of cadence. It needs to be slowed slightly and it may not seem as computer generated.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom