New EPCOT Monorail Narrator

Tadifer

The Express has a new voice as well...I do NOT like it...he sounds like a GPS haha I noticed it the moment I got on. I wonder why the change?

BrittanyRose428

I feel like the old one sounded more enthusiastic, like he was excited to be telling you about Epcot. This one kind of sounds like some of my professors, that I wish would sound more enthusiastic. :ROFLOL:

menamechris

Whoever was in charge of voicework for the resort must have either quit or not been renewed (cost cutting??). I noticed at one of the Flower Power concerts a few weeks ago that the announcer was not the same either. It will definetly take some getting used to....

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I think it wouldn't sound too bad if it was just a bit deeper in tone, otherwise its just ok.

Edit: Should have Morgan Freeman do it

menamechris

Whhaat. What was the purpose for changing the narration? I agree, it sounds just like a GPS unit. "Please make a U-turn at the next station."

I know in radio, the "voice guy" is contracted. Once a contract is terminated for whatever reason, you aren't licensed to use his voice anymore. So everything must be re-recorded with the new person you hire. I don't know if it works exactly the same at Disney, but I would guess it is probably similar. Anyone know if the Magic Kingdom loop still has the previous announcer still?

rodserling27

Original Poster
I want Jack Wagner's voice back :)
:sohappy: I think Wagner's voice was the best one they ever used at WDW.

Edit: This is, what, the fourth time they've changed the Monorail narrator? And I think it's safe to say that Captain EO isn't going anywhere soon, since it's mentioned in this new spiel...though I can't imagine it would be too hard to cut it from the narration.

s8film40

Do they still use the same voice for "please stand clear.....?

It was still there 2 days ago when I was on it.

That audio is part of the door system and not part of the regular audio narration so it is likely that the original Jack Wagner will be there for at least as long as the trains are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom