Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

mikejs78

Premium Member
Frozen made a ton more money than Zootopia.

Frozen still prints money from shifting merch at a much higher volume than Zootopia.

Children want to meet/be princesses and queens.

There's stuff less successful than Zootopia implemented in the parks. But you can't blame literally their most successful property in years for the lack of inclusion.
That'll all change when Frozen 2 doesn't do as well as expected.

Kman101

As far as I know, at this time, there is no Zootopia heading to DAK.

The Avland expansion is still on the cards however.

Martin's just dropping things left and right today ;) I love it.

"no Zootopia heading to DAK". So it could go elsewhere? or am I reading into things again? lol. If it were "no Zootopia to WDW" .... Sorry for reading too much into things!

Kman101

I believe the 3rd ride for Pandora that was cut was supposed to be the Major E-ticket but then decided FOP was it. If that's the case FOP would have been the 2nd best ride for a new land we've ever seen. What was that cut E-ticket supposed to be?

Wasn't it a bike coaster? They were very high on the bike coaster and then TRON went to Shanghai. Seems like FOP took away that purpose.

EDIT: Just wishful thinking probably but I could see an underwater voyage. Maybe using the type of system they use for 20K at Tokyo DisneySea? Just a thought of an idea that could be cool and unique. I'm not sure the capacity is that great but I don't know the numbers.

A coaster won't really do the land or franchise (basically just the land itself) justice, IMO (not that they care though). And we already have a boat ride through the forest and a simulator through the land. So underwater it is ...

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

Martin's just dropping things left and right today ;) I love it.

"no Zootopia heading to DAK". So it could go elsewhere? or am I reading into things again? lol. If it were "no Zootopia to WDW" .... Sorry for reading too much into things!
Zootopia for DHS! With the theme now being you walking into the movies, it could actually work pretty well.

jaxonp

Wasn't it a bike coaster? They were very high on the bike coaster and then TRON went to Shanghai. Seems like FOP took away that purpose.

Ohh boy I didn't realize it was a bike coaster... No doubt it would have been a Verkoma clone of Tron that was built in SHDL. They would have had to really up the level of that ride in order for it to be better than FOP. I really really like Tron and I can't wait to ride it again once it opens here, but the experience is over before it begins... ya'll think SDMT is short...... shoot and yes it would have probably looked cheap next to FOP.

Kman101

Ohh boy I didn't realize it was a bike coaster... No, doubt it would have been the Verkoma Tron that was built in SHDL. They would have had to really up the level of that ride in order for it to be better than FOP. I really really like Tron and I can't wait to ride it again once it opens here, but the experience is over before it begins... ya'll think SDMT is short...... shoot and yes it would have probably looked cheap next to FOP.

I know many were upset at the loss but I think FOP does a better job capturing Pandora. JMO. Not that I know details, but if it were say a family coaster like Potter is getting with immersive indoor scenes I'd be more open. But we know what we'd get.

Disney Maddux

Maybe they want it for a Star Tours replacement? A simulator is really the best way to capture Zootopia. I don't think a land would do it justice and a ride likely wouldn't either. Nick and Judy's Crimestoppers! ;)
Star Tours becomes The Zootopia Crimestopper, Backlot Express becomes Sahara Square Café, Olaf gets replaced with Judy and Nick.

b o o m

Disney Maddux

I don't see Disney really being invested in Zootopia when compared to other IPs they have.
If that's true, that's pretty dumb. It's their 2nd highest grossing animated film, got worldwide acclaim, and many consider it one of if not their best animated film. But NOPE, they probably care more about milking Frozen even though everybody is getting annoyed by it.

jaxonp

I know many were upset at the loss but I think FOP does a better job capturing Pandora. JMO. Not that I know details, but if it were say a family coaster like Potter is getting with immersive indoor scenes I'd be more open. But we know what we'd get.

There's so much forested area for the imaginers to take advantage of in AK that one would think a customer bike coaster could make for an awesome experience coupled with some indoor sections. For years I've wanted them to take the bike coaster and use that for a chase through the forest moon of endor. Truly a missed opportunity.

jaxonp

If that's true, that's pretty dumb. It's their 2nd highest grossing animated film, got worldwide acclaim, and many consider it one of if not their best animated film. But NOPE, they probably care more about milking Frozen even though everybody is getting annoyed by it.

I should say I have no evidence one way or the other.

Kman101

There's so much forested area for the imaginers to take advantage of in AK that one would think a customer bike coaster could make for an awesome experience coupled with some indoor sections. For years I've wanted them to take the bike coaster and use that for a chase through the forest moon of endor. Truly a missed opportunity.

It was a missed opportunity, if they truly had gone all out for it. And it could be a great experience. Maybe that's the plan. I'd welcome a really good coaster, if they did it right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom