Zootopia at Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

I get the appeal of a dance party to young kids. I don't begrudge them (when placed out of my way and in the right spot). But I just find it a lazy way to do it because they don't want to bother with meet and greets. I'm torn because it gives guests a chance to "see" the characters but a meet and greet can be much more personable than trying to grab a character's attention in a loud annoying dance party.

Like they used to put on a stage production in Tomorrowland for Christmas when they had a theater. Now it's all dance parties everywhere. I mean it says it all when they turn a puppet show (maybe it felt dated to some?) into a dance party and call it an attraction!

It's why I'm annoyed by Enchanted Tales with Belle. I wouldn't mind it so much if we had an actual ride, too. But to me, it's in place of one so I don't like it. I don't begrudge it's purpose, just that it seems to be a lazy way to have an attraction. It should be a bonus, and a nice surprise, not a main draw. (Before Belle's defenders come out, I said I don't begrudge the idea, I just don't think it should be the "main draw" other than a restaurant)
I 100% agree. While I do like Move It Shake It, it's annoying when you have to get the characters attention to try and get a hug, or when you try and take a picture with them and a cast member will get aggressive with you because it's not allowed (yes, that has happened with me and other people before).

Kman101

I 100% agree. While I do like Move It Shake It, it's annoying when you have to get the characters attention to try and get a hug, or when you try and take a picture with them and a cast member will get aggressive with you because it's not allowed (yes, that has happened with me and other people before).

I feel like they make things more difficult on themselves when they think it's "easier" (and it's usually not). Castmembers shouldn't have to be bodyguards for characters.

Kman101

Yup. And you shouldn't be blocked off and told aggressively you can't take a quick picture with your favorite character.

Honestly you'd think they'd encourage selfies and posting them to social media. They have no idea how to do anything, lol. I really wonder who runs these parks because they haven't a clue.

It also gets a bit tiring being yelled at in queue lines for shows to fill in all the space. Um, we are. We can't move an inch. But they keep yelling over the speaker. We hear you. We CAN'T move but sure, let's squeeze in even tighter. And it's always fun being yelled at when loading into a theater. I think they need to have a better way of doing a lot of things, lol. (I get they "have to" do this, but some get so crazed over it! I understand you have days where guests are jerks, I get you may be having a bad day, been there, but relax. I had a girl yell at me in Festival of Lion King because I asked to sit on the end of a row. I told her it was no different than coming in late and being accomodated, which she had previously pointed out she had to do. I told her I could go out and come back in but she didn't like that. I saw her again earlier this year but thankfully no eye contact. It was awkward. I've asked before to sit on the end and it wasn't a problem. I guess she was having a bad day and maybe I was too lol. I'm not special and she has to enforce the rules, I get it, but in the moment it was handled badly by two people not having a good day). I was basically just offering to stand to the side, let the row fill, and sit on the end. No one ever cares. But I get enforcing the rules.

AK and MK seem to have the most stressed out castmembers (and guests, I've noticed). Crowds? Heat? Mix of both?

Last edited:

HauntedMansionFLA

Honestly you'd think they'd encourage selfies and posting them to social media. They have no idea how to do anything, lol. I really wonder who runs these parks because they haven't a clue.

It also gets a bit tiring being yelled at in queue lines for shows to fill in all the space. Um, we are. We can't move an inch. But they keep yelling over the speaker. We hear you. We CAN'T move but sure, let's squeeze in even tighter. And it's always fun being yelled at when loading into a theater. I think they need to have a better way of doing a lot of things, lol. (I get they "have to" do this, but some get so crazed over it! I understand you have days where guests are jerks, I get you may be having a bad day, been there, but relax. I had a girl yell at me in Festival of Lion King because I asked to sit on the end of a row. I told her it was no different than coming in late and being accomodated, which she had previously pointed out she had to do. I told her I could go out and come back in but she didn't like that. I saw her again earlier this year but thankfully no eye contact. It was awkward. I've asked before to sit on the end and it wasn't a problem. I guess she was having a bad day and maybe I was too lol. I'm not special and she has to enforce the rules, I get it, but in the moment it was handled badly by two people not having a good day). I was basically just offering to stand to the side, let the row fill, and sit on the end. No one ever cares. But I get enforcing the rules.

AK and MK seem to have the most stressed out castmembers (and guests, I've noticed). Crowds? Heat? Mix of both?
DAK stressed crowds might be guest who wait for 4/5 hours to ride Flight of Passage then have to deal with a crowded park the rest of the day - guest take it out on the cast members.
MK is too packed with guest with everyone running around trying to do everything with crying/tired kids.

Disney Maddux

Yeah. And the photo I have on my profile pic, I was lucky to get.

I had just seen the parade the week before and told Judy that she was my favorite character, many hugs were shared. Then when I went the next week, it happened to be the same actor, and many hugs and kisses were shared. Then when I went to take the photo, the Cast Member is getting ready to try and push me back, but the Judy actor whispered to her (I assume something like "Judy is his favorite character, and I'm fine with doing a photo."), so we took the picture.

If that Judy actor hadn't recognized me, I probably would've gotten strictly told that I'm not allowed to get a photo.

Kman101

DAK stressed crowds might be guest who wait for 4/5 hours to ride Flight of Passage then have to deal with a crowded park the rest of the day - guest take it out on the cast members.
MK is too packed with guest with everyone running around trying to do everything with crying/tired kids.

Well, the MK is spot on. It's really not even fun anymore (besides the attractions of course). I almost dread the crowds there. I really do.

I have a much more relaxing time at DHS and Epcot (depending). Even when the crowds are packed at Epcot it's not nearly as bad. I guess DrunkyFest ;) helps. LOL

I love AK but the crowds always look so darn miserable, lol. And the castmembers sure weren't happy about the extended night hours.

MK I totally get why. Was more just an "obvious question" lol.

That's why I say both parks need double of what's there. Disneyland also looks miserable with the crowding. Something's gotta give.

Kman101

The parade is considered a show, the cast or characters don't need to be stopping to hug anyone. A brief interaction is one thing but they are there to perform a show.

While very true, they have to be aware what guests want. Why put their castmembers in the position of being angry bodyguards? It should be a fun experience. They can't have it both ways, but they'll sure try.

Disney Maddux

The parade is considered a show, the cast or characters don't need to be stopping to hug anyone. A brief interaction is one thing but they are there to perform a show.
You have seen Move It Shake It before right? The parade is pretty much all around interacting and dancing with your favorite characters, yet a lot of the Cast Members don't seem to get that for whatever reason.

Kman101

Yeah. And the photo I have on my profile pic, I was lucky to get.

I had just seen the parade the week before and told Judy that she was my favorite character, many hugs were shared. Then when I went the next week, it happened to be the same actor, and many hugs and kisses were shared. Then when I went to take the photo, the Cast Member is getting ready to try and push me back, but the Judy actor whispered to her (I assume something like "Judy is his favorite character, and I'm fine with doing a photo."), so we took the picture.

If that Judy actor hadn't recognized me, I probably would've gotten strictly told that I'm not allowed to get a photo.

That was very nice!

I get the castmembers have a job to do. But they shouldn't have to be put in that position to begin with. Just let guests take pictures with them. Have the characters walk down the street and pose for pictures and sign autographs. They did something similar in Paris with Stars n Cars and guests loved it. (But I totally get they likely couldn't do that at a park like Magic Kingdom). We can't have nice things in WDW.

Disney Maddux

That was very nice!

I get the castmembers have a job to do. But they shouldn't have to be put in that position to begin with. Just let guests take pictures with them. Have the characters walk down the street and pose for pictures and sign autographs. They did something similar in Paris with Stars n Cars and guests loved it. (But I totally get they likely couldn't do that at a park like Magic Kingdom)
Exactly! (Plus all of the characters already have one or two of the dancers with them, and all of the dancers from what I've seen do a really good job of keeping everything under control while still letting guests interact with the characters. They don't need the strict cast members)

Kman101

You have seen Move It Shake It before right? The parade is pretty much all around interacting and dancing with your favorite characters, yet a lot of the Cast Members don't seem to get that for whatever reason.

I think certain characters, like Nick and Judy are "prohibited" for some reason. They don't want it becoming a meet and greet, and I get that. But they can't have it both ways.

Disney Maddux

I think certain characters, like Nick and Judy are "prohibited" for some reason. They don't want it becoming a meet and greet, and I get that. But they can't have it both ways.
I honestly don't get why. They know people are mad that it's the only place you can Judy and Nick in WDW, and they know the demand for a meet-n-greet is very high, yet they don't do anything. And for the only place you can see them, they have strict cast members trying to push you back when you try and get a hug or take a picture.

Kman101

I honestly don't get why. They know people are mad that it's the only place you can Judy and Nick in WDW, and they know the demand for a meet-n-greet is very high, yet they don't do anything. And for the only place you can see them, they have strict cast members trying to push you back when you try and get a hug or take a picture.

I do believe they are aware the demand for a meet and greet is high (but let them know, people need to voice their concerns, sometimes they do listen in regards to "small stuff"). My only thought is they have a place for them and also Moana that we just don't know about yet. But who knows?

Not sure why Olaf isn't meeting in Norway (I get the sing-along thing and having his meet and greet nearby) and why Nick and Judy aren't in his spot at DHS (or both, not like they don't have the room)

Disney Maddux

I do believe they are aware the demand for a meet and greet is high (but let them know, people need to voice their concerns, sometimes they do listen in regards to "small stuff"). My only thought is they have a place for them and also Moana that we just don't know about yet. But who knows?

Not sure why Olaf isn't meeting in Norway (I get the sing-along thing and having his meet and greet nearby) and why Nick and Judy aren't in his spot at DHS (or both, not like they don't have the room)
Or why they put Doc McStuffins in Planet Watch when she's already at DHS. Put Judy and Nick in there, not a 2nd McStuffins! (Does anybody even care about that show?)

Kman101

Doc actually works for me in Planet Watch. I thought her m&g was replaced at DHS? I don't keep track of those characters. It's the DHS meet and greet that should go. But yeah Nick and Judy meeting in planet watch wouldn't have been the worst idea.

Disney Maddux

Doc actually works for me in Planet Watch. I thought her m&g was replaced at DHS? I don't keep track of those characters. It's the DHS meet and greet that should go. But yeah Nick and Judy meeting in planet watch wouldn't have been the worst idea.
Nope, she's still over there.

Kman101

Nope, she's still over there.

Probably being replaced by Vampirina (LOL at the names, but I'm not the target audience, obviously) later in the fall. I think they moved Doc to get guests used to meeting her there while also still keeping her at DHS until they had a replacement they could market. I do think while we may not get the reasons, there's a plan for everything. It's just a matter of following through (and getting the money to do it). But maybe she's replacing someone else? Again I don't keep track of them, so I apologize.

Disney Maddux

Probably being replaced by Vampirina (LOL at the names, but I'm not the target audience, obviously) later in the fall. I think they moved Doc to get guests used to meeting her there while also still keeping her at DHS until they had a replacement they could market. I do think while we may not get the reasons, there's a plan for everything. It's just a matter of following through (and getting the money to do it). But maybe she's replacing someone else? Again I don't keep track of them, so I apologize.
Nope! Jake is getting replaced by Vamp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom